Thanx for all the great reviews, i love you guys!!!This is just a small chap before something important hapens and more angst appears in the next one, maybe the one after that...but angst is coming so be prepared, and be prepared for a happy ending, this IS a spuffy after all guys, so please just bear with me to the end, i think it'll be worth it.....





Spike woke up with a start. He was alone. Why? Had Buffy left him when he’d fallen asleep, did she think they’d made a mistake?

He started to panic when her door opened quietly and she walked in. When she saw his face she smiled gently.

“You okay?”

“Where were you?”he asked, his voice sounded childlike and endearing to Buffy.

“I had to brush my teeth”she answered and slipped back into the bed next to him. “Sorry if I scared you…”

“S’alright pet, just me over reacting” he said with a small laugh.

Buffy nuzzled her face against his chest. “I would never leave you baby.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.” She said as her hand snuck down to his pants.

Spike smirked. “I knew you wanted my tight body.”

Buffy laughed. “Well ya, who wouldn’t? Your so hot and muscly…”

“Muscly?” He lifted his eyebrow. “Is that a word?”

“Ya huh.”she smiled prettily.

“Good to know pet.”he said before flipping them over so that he was on top. God he could get used to this.



Buffy and Spike walked hand in hand down the Sunnydale corridor and stopped to check out why there was a bunch of kids around Rileys locker. Buffys hand flew to her mouth to suppress her laughter but Spike openly snorted. Someone had taped a stuffed sheep to Rileys locker and had written in large letters “For those lonely nights….”


Riley pushed through the crowd and turned when he saw what was done.

“You…..”he hissed at Buffy and took a step towards her.

Spike stepped in front of her. “You don’t have the privilege of talking to her anymore mate, understood?”

Riley, although he was larger, wasn’t half as intimidating as Spike, and just turned to his locker and tore the stuffed animal off and walked away fuming. Buffy turned and saw Jonathon and Warren give each other high fives and winked at them when they saw her. They just nodded their heads and walked away. She knew it was them who had done it. She’d always been kind to them and this was their form of a thank you. She made a mental note to talk to them more often.

Spike saw the wink and looked at her amused. “Cheating on me already luv?”

“Oh ya.”she teased “You’re not enough man to keep me tied down.”

Spike growled and she stepped in closer to him. She loved it when he did that.

“Well then I quess I just need lots more practice on making you happy huh pet?”

“Oh yes, much much more” she said taking his hand and walking out of the school with him, eager for the night of “Spike proving himself” that lay ahead.


School seemed to fly by for the couple and before they knew it it was christmas break.

“So what do you want for the holiday kitten?” Spike asked as they sat on the couch drinking hot chocolate.

“Well it’s two weeks away and we have so much to do.”Buffy gushed. “We have to put lights up and get a tree, and invite our friends over for Christmas eve so that we can all celebrate together.”

Spike smiled. “I meant gift wise luv”he said giving her forehead a light kiss.

“Oh” she blushed. “I don’t know, something that says ‘us’.”

“Is that it?”Spike said laughing, “I’ll give it a try pet.”

“What about you?”

“I really don’t know luv, anything from you will be wonderful.”

“Well I cant wait for Christmas day, waking up next to you will be great. I wish mom was here.”she sniffed.

He hugged her tight. “Me too kitten, but shell be with us in our hearts, ya?”

“Ya.” Buffy said with a small smile. “Should we invite your mom?”

Spike tensed, he hadn’t spoken to her since he’d found out she’d kept Joyce’s death from him. “No pet, I don’t think we should.”

“But…”

“No but’s pet, im not ready to see or talk to her, not after what she did.”

“You forgave me for what I did.” Buffy stated gently.

Spike sighed, “I’ll phone her Christmas day, hows that sound?”

“Like a start.” Buffy said before kissing him, thoughts of what he was going to get her drifting through his mind before settling on a particular thing, he only hoped she would like it…….




Let me know what you guys think, i appreciate u'r responses!