Wow, thank you all so much for the reviews guys, you are all amazing. I'm sorry that there is angst again but i feel that it would be too soon to have them get engaged and it work out perfectly. They will get married but later.......

“Willow you look gorgeous!” buffy gushed, seeing her red headed friend for almost the first time without a “fluffy sweater”. Instead she was dressed in an emerald green dress that hung to her knees and “ruffled at the bottom, it tied around her neck. It was stunning.

Willow blushed. “I hope so, I want Xan to be impressed, he’s never seen me in something that’s not from a nuns closet or a painters wardrobe.”

Buffy laughed. “Will you can be so dumb sometimes.”

Her friend looked hurt and Buffy rushed to explain. “Wow Wills, I totally didn’t mean it like that. What I meant was the way you dress is part of who you are and he loves everything about you, including what you wear! So do I!”

The two girls hugged and Willow pulled away first. “You know you look so hot!”Willow said laughing.

Buffy smirked. “Are you going gay on me Will? Cause if so, hands off im taken.” Buffy laughed flashing her ring.

Willow snorted. “Please Buffy, you’re so not my type anyway.”

Buffy looked in the mirror. She’d chosen a white, clingy, strapless gown that was elegant in it’s simplicity. Unlike Willow who wore her hair down in curls she had hers tied in a French twist.

She had to admit to herself, they did look pretty edible. ‘Now who would I like to eat me?’ Buffy thought to herself naughtily.

The doorbell rang a few moments later and the girls rushed to the door, only to open it as if they had casually strolled towards it at the sound of it’s chime.

The boys laughed.

“We could hear you crazy bints galloping down the stairs, cant try to hide that behind forced aloofness” Spike teased.

Buffy and Willows eyes narrowed and they looked at each other and nodded. Then Buffy slammed the door closed in their faces.

The men stood their stunned. “What the fuck just happened?”Spike gasped.

“You know for someone who’s suave as you are, you might think to not insult your date, who looks just as beautiful as mine by the way, the second they open the door to you. Show some finesse man.”

Spike blushed furiously. “Um, ya, I’ll give it a whirl then.”

Xander rang the bell again and Willow and Buffy opened it again.

“Girls, may I say how extraordinary the both of you look tonight. These flowers pale in your comparision and we hope that in your kind hearts you will accept them as a token of our love and devotion to you.”

The girls giggled and Spike’s jaw dropped. Either Xander had become a gentleman overnight or he had gotten into some Harlequin novels. The men handed their ladies their flowers and when the girls went to put them in a vase Xan leaned in and whispered, “Man you can find some primo lines in those romance books.” Spike had to suppress a snort as the ladies came into view again.

“Shall we m’lady?” Spike asked and offered his arm to her. She bowed slightly and smiled brightly at him, accepting the offer.

“You look….I really cant describe how beautiful you look Buffy.”

Buffy hung her head, trying to hide her blush. “thank you, I wasn’t really mad you know. I just wanted a different start to the evening.”

Spike felt much better when she told him that and gave her a quick kiss to her nose. “God I love everything about you sweetheart.”

“I know, and I love a couple of things about you too.”she giggled.

“A couple?” Spike fake frowned, knowing she was teasing.

“Ya, but theyre….really big things.” She said and tried to suppress her smile as Spike caught on the the innuendo and tensed. She knew she’d gotten him hard with just those words and she loved that she was gonna pay for it later tonight.


Xander drove them to the restaurant and they piled out together, walking up to the host.

“We have a reservation.” Xan said politely.

“I’m sure you do.”the man said, his face obvious with disdain.

Spike got pissed, and when he got pissed his accent came out full force, and when his accent came out full force so did the british pride that had been bashed into him since birth.

“Now listen here, sir.” Spike drew out the word sir in an upper class snobby tone, “First off my name is Mr Calendar and if you’d like to check your book you’ll see my name there. Secondly if you talk to us again with such a tone in front of these beautiful woman who deserve nothing less than your respect, then I will see to it personally that you are fired tonight.”

The man looked at the book and paled. “Mr Calendar sir, I’m terribly sorry, right this way.”

The man led them to a beautiful corner booth and they all watched as Spike gave him a twenty for tips. He looked at his name tag before handing it over. “Thank you….Larry, for seating us, now may I suggest you use the tips you make tonight to buy yourself some manners? Please be off with you then.”he said dismissively to the man who reddened and stormed away.

Spike and Xander seated the girls before sitting down themselves.

Although it was the question in everyones mind Buffy was the first to ask it.

“What the fuck was that?”

Spike smiled. “I grew up in England pet, with a rich grandmother who insisted I learn proper etiquette and what not, didn’t want to at the time but every now and then it comes in rather handy.”

Everyone at the table laughed and ordered their meals. Once their plates were cleared and it was paid the men revealed where they where taking the girls.

“Apocalypse.”the two woman breathed at the same time.

The men smiled at the awe on their girlfriends faces. Spike and Xander shared a quick look. Spike had taught Xander how to ballroom dance and they had sworn it to secrecy. They both nodded to each other to assure one another that the secret would be buried with them.


About a half an hour later they where in the dance room, they all looked around. It was large and spacious as well as beautifully decorated.

The men led their lovelies to the dance floor. The couples stood close enough to hear each other when they spoke normally but far enough apart to not hear the whispered promises of love that were meant to be private.

Buffy and Spike started to waltz together.

“I never knew you could do this.” Buffy breathed. “You’re incredible William.”

He looked into her eyes. He couldn’t remember a time he’d ever like to hear his real name but from this angels lips it sounded right. He smiled.

“Ya well…theres a few things I don’t like sharing, that I can dance to music my grandmother remembers is one of those things.”

They both laughed and looked over at their friends who seemed to be having just as good a time. And then it happened.

“Hey Spike, when you and Buffy get hitched are you getting all your stuff from home sent back here? Cause I have an uncle who can transport things for cheap from overseas.” (Xan and Willow had been discussing how great it was that Buffy and Spike were getting wed when Willow had asked how he was gonna get all his belongings here)

Spike choked on his laughter. When he got his breath back he spat out “What? Come on you wanker, you think me and the princess are gonna stay here in Sunnyhell? Where going to England.”

Buffy pulled out of his arms lightning fast. “What?” she almost screamed.

Xan winced, he felt like shit for what he’d started, he’d just assumed that Spike would be staying here, with Buffy and….him. He didn’t want to lose the only male best friend he’d ever really had.


“I’m not moving to England. How can you expect me to pack up and leave my friends, my life……my mother.” Tears where gathering in her eyes now and for once Spike couldn’t care.

“So you just expect me to leave my world for good? My mother is there Buffy, I don’t like the weather here and did you forget that my ‘Da is buried there or are you just too selfish?”

Buffy was seething. “I’m not leaving Sunnydale Spike, its here for me or nowhere.”

Spike felt like openly bawling. “But pet, I thought you loved me?”

“I do” she said gently.

“Then why wont you come with me?”

“Because my life is here.”

“And mine is in England.”he said sadly.

In a moment of panic Buffy blurted out the most horrific thing that she could. “Spike please stay here, I cant leave my home. Not yet, I cant be away from my mom, it’s too early. Besides, your mom can move here and it’s not like it’s your real dad that’s buried in England.” Her hand flew to her mouth and she broke into tears. “I’m sorry Spike.”

He could only look at her. He knew that she hadn’t meant it but it hurt like a bitch none the less. “I know you are luv’” he said gently as he took off his ring and placed it in her hand before walking out of the dance hall, not looking back once, not seeing Buffy drop to the floor in shock. But even if he had it wouldnt have mattered, they had made their decisions clear. She was staying and he simply wasnt.


Please dont hate me guys lol, like i keep telling you its gonna be a happy ending and their still gonna be nice to each other....please review and let me know, if you guys are nice i'll really try to have this done by tomorrow night, Monday night the latest.....love linz

P.s :Im gonna shamelessly tell you guys about a poem i posted because i would really love your op's on it, please check it out and review, it would mean a lot cause i worked hard on it. It's called My smile, so pretty pretty please......