Omg Im so sorry guys, I fucked up my wrist playing volleyball so I couldn’t type, its still hard to so I don’t think this will be done by tonight, maybe tomorrow, wed for sure. Thanx to all who left reviews, I loved em!



Buffy walked into the house a few hours later. Willow had brought her to her house so that she could calm down first, before seeing him. She walked into his room and turned on the light. He was just sitting there, on his bed, staring at nothing.

“Spike?” her voice was still harsh from all the crying.

“Ya kitten?”

“I’m sorry.”

“I know.” A long pause. “It doesn’t change that this wont work though.”

“Maybe we just rushed into things? Maybe if we talk about it…”

“I’m really not up for a chat with you right now Buffy.”

“Okay, maybe some other time.”

“Ya, maybe.”he answered still looking at the wall.

She walked away and brushed the tears from her face. How could things go from so wrong, to so right so fast.


They didn’t talk much over the next weeks, both too afraid and not up for another round on the merry-go-round of rotating knives, not wanting their feelings cut to shreds. They were both trying to be too adult about it. They still had small converstations and sometimes they did stuff with Willow and Xander but it wasn’t the same.

Before any of them knew it it was Prom week. Buffy hadn’t even given it a moments thought, too busy trying to let go of the pain she felt.

Spike walked over to her after school and stood by her locker till she was done putting her stuff away.

“Mind if I walk you home?”

She smiled softly. “Of course not.”

They walked in silence for a few blocks before he spoke up.
“Buffy I was thinking that maybe you and I could go to the dance together, as friends. I really want to spend some time with you before I leave.”

“Spike, of course I will.”she said with false cheeryness, inside she was dying because she knew it would be the last thing they did together. She didn’t want to make things hard on him though and she bit back her tears.

This Friday night would be the last night she had with Spike, then he’d be gone. For good.


Spike was relieved and hurt at the same time. He was so grateful that she’dd agreed to go with him, he wanted to se her in the prom get up he’d bought her and he wanted their last night to be special, well as special as possible considering their circumstances.uldnt help but be angry at the how cheery she seemed though. ‘She must be over me then.’ He thought to himself as his heart broke even more.


Sorry to cut it so short but my wrist is fucken killing me. I’ll try to post again tonight if it feels better…hey you know what makes me feel better? Reviews lol, get the hint. The pain will be worth it if I know my work is appreciated….