Well guys its almost done. 2 more chaps i think, dont hate me for this one, itll get better. The song i used is "Goodnight Sweet Girl" by Ghost of the Robot.

Spike put his tie on and looked at himself in the mirror. Blonde hair slicked back , check, tux on right, check, corsage for Buffy, check, fake smile to hide my breaking heart, check.

‘Alright then, time to get the girl.’Spike thought as he walked upstairs, he called to Buffy from the living room.

“One sec, almost ready.”she yelled down to him.

Spike paced impatiently for 20 minutes but it was worth it the moment she started to walk down those stairs.

She was wearing everything he’d given her for Christmas, including the ring. Her dress was a baby blue color that hung to her feet in what he could only call the Cinderella effect. It was strapless and she wore the necklace and earrings hed gotten to match. The shoes she wore were white, 3 inch heels that made her taller. ‘The better to dance with you’ he had told her jokingly when she’d pouted that he thought she was a midget and why did she have to wear heels even though they were gorgeous? He’d only laughed and offered to return them but she had swatted him away, admitting she wanted them.

She wore almost no make up save lip gloss and some light cream eye shadow. Her eyes were slightly accentuated with black eyeliner and she was absolutely the most breathtakingly gorgeous thing he had, or would ever see in his life.

“Do I look okay?” she asked nervously when she got to the last step and he still hadn’t said anything.

“Buffy….I…wow.”

Buffy blushed, “Speechless?”

“No pet, there just isn’t a word good enough to describe you right now.”he breathed.

“You look stunning too Spike.” She wished things where back to normal, that he could stay here with her forever, but she pushed those thoughts away. ‘At least have fun tonight, while you can’ she told herself as she took his hand and they walked to her car, driving towards their dance.




When they got there Xan and Will were waiting outside for them. After all the necessary complimenting they went inside and split up, both couples wanting to be alone with themselves. Also Xan and Will had decided to stay away from the two blondes to let them enjoy quality time. Both of them hoped secretly that this was going to clear things up between them but both of them knew how stubborn their two friends could be as well.


A few fast songs played and Buffy and Spike danced and chatted throughout it all, even having fun at some points. But then the D.J had to put a slow song on and make everything awkward. They stared at each other for a moment before stepping into each others arms and swaying to the beat. As the lyrics started to play they moved closer until not even air could get between them.

*Are we done for now,
Or is this for good,
Will there be something in time?
With us there should.

Only girl for me is you
There can be no other one
If I didn't have faith
I would come undone

So much promise in your eyes
Seems that I can only see
It always makes me wonder
If you save it all for me *
It was as though the song had been made for them and tears flooded Buffy’s eyes. “Spike…”

“I know pet, it’s hard.”
They hugged each other tightly as the song rocked them to the core.

*Maybe you do
Maybe you don't
Maybe you should
Probably wont...

Because there will be...

There will be other guys
Who will whisper in your ear
Say they'll take away you sadness
And your fears *

She looked up and cupped her face. “No one will ever replace you Spike.”
He could only lose himself in her eyes, he couldn’t form any words just yet.

*They may be kind and true
They may be good for you
But they'll never care for you
More than I do

I'll be always there
There to the end
I can't do much
But be your one true friend *

“I’ll never stop loving you Buffy Summers.”
The tears fell freely from both their eyes now and nothing they could say or do was going to stop their flow.

*To the end
Through the end
Our lives to spend
With each other till the end
Of time...

Still see the promise in your eyes
And still wonder if it's for me
But i know it's still there
Even when you sleep *

They leaned in slowly and Spike pressed his lips to hers in a kiss that bore too much pain. It was full of goodbye and sorrow and promises that hadn’t been kept.

*So I say, good night sweet girl *

He leaned his forehead on hers and held her for as moment before pulling away. When she saw the look on his face she knew that he was leaving. He whispered “I love you” and as she watched him walk away she knew that he would be come when she got home. He disappeared from view and all she could do was whisper back. “I’m sorry William.”


Ill explain why shes sorry (itll be good dont worry, itll be what leads to the Spuffyness.....review and let me know please!)