Author's Chapter Notes:
the song i used was Cindi laupers time after time
2 years later
----------------

Spike picked up his guitar and smiled out at the crowd. “Good news guys, weve been signed!”

The crowd went crazy, he had been playing there for about three years and had finally got a break.

Things with him and Buffy where great. They’d been married in the summer of the previous year. It had taken time to work past their issues but they had done it.

He waited until the crowd quieted down and spoke again.

“This one’s about me and mine.” He said giving Buffy a wink, she was sitting at her usual place right in the front. She smiled at him. “It’s a new one so I hope I get it right” he said with a small smile. He hadn’t even let Buffy hear it yet, he had wanted to see her face when she heard it.

*Lying in my bed i hear the clock tick,
and I think of you
caught up in circles
confusion is nothing new
Flashback, warm nights
almost left behind
suitcases of memories,
time after *

God they’d almost lost so much as he sang while staring into Buffys eyes, seeing them tear. His eyes never left hers as he continued.

*Sometimes you picture me
I'm walking too far ahead
you're calling to me,
I can't hear what you've said
Then you say , go slow
I fall behind
the second hand unwinds*

She was so lucky to have him. That theyd had a second chance to do things right. Some people never got that, she mouthed the words I love you.


*If you're lost you can look - and you will find me
time after time
If you fall I will catch you - I'll be waiting
time after time*

Buffys hand flew to her mouth and tears streamed down her cheeks. Those where the vows Spike had spoken to her on their wedding day. The vows he’d repeated before making love to her that night. The vows he’d whispered WHILE making love to her that night. Spike saw her and smiled.

*After my picture fades
and darkness has turned to gray
watching through windows
you're wondering if I'm O.K.
secrets stolen from deep inside
the drum beats out of time*

Spike hated that their had been a time when they had not been together but this song represented their whole relationship, and he knew that Buffy would understand that. She was his goddess and he would die for her in a second. The only regret he’d have if that happened would be that he wouldn’t be able to see her beautiful face looking up at him, that was how much he loved her.



*If you're lost you can look
and you will find me
time after time
If you fall I will catch you
I'll be waiting I will be waiting
time after time*
...

You said go slow -
I fall behind
the second hand unwinds -


If you're lost you can look
and you will find me
time after time
If you fall I will catch you
I'll be waiting
time after time*

...time after time
time after time
time after time
time after time*



He played out the last notes to the song and everyone was hushed for a moment. Then the cheering began. He’d never heard them so responsive before and couldn’t help smiling with pride.“Did you like it?”he asked as he jumped from the stage to sit with her and hold her hand.

“It was so beautiful Spike.”she gushed.

“Of course it was pet, it was about you.” He whispered and placed a small kiss to her forehead and she leaned into him.

“She’s acting up tonight.” Buffy said and rubbed her tummy again.

“He’s definitely got spirit” Spike said as he put his hand over hers, “Little Billy is gonna be-“

She cut him off. “For the last time Spike if we have a boy im not naming him Billy just cuz you like some freaky singer guy.”

Spike gasped. “Billy Idol was an icon, it’s a good, strong name to have.”he pouted.

“Ya and so is Spike.”she said and snorted.

“Hey whats wrong with Spike?”

“I wish I knew.”, her face let him know she was only playing around and he joined in.

“And the name Buffy just screams Yale graduate”he teased back.

She fake sulked until a smile lit her pretty little face.

“What you smiling at kitten?”

“We sound like an old married couple with all the bickering.”she said laughing.

“Well it’s good practice isn’t it luv?”

“Practice for what?”she asked confused.

“For when we’re an old married couple. I’ll never let you go pet.”he said nuzzling her neck.

“I’d never let you.”she whispered and leaned in to kiss him.

The baby kicked again harder then it ever had. “Oh ya, it’s definitely your son.” Buffy said with a roll of her eyes. Spike smirked and she couldn’t help but love the fact that she had the rest of her life to see him look at her like that.

All of a sudden she gasped as she felt one his hands slip under her skirt and he had a wicked shine in his eyes. she knew that some things would never change, no matter what.






The end, I hope you guys liked it, im not sure if I did lol but I did the best that I could so review if you want, it would be nice. Thanx to all my readers and reviewers if it hadn’t been for you guys I might never have started this fic! I love you all!