BuffyandSpikeForever, Mariana, Caitie and Seraiza thanx for your reviews!


Xander drove Spike home and offered to help him paint when he saw a flash of red hair fly by the living room.

“That’d be great mate, can use all the help I can get. Especially if I want to be ready to go out by nine tonight.”

“That’s what friends are for.” Xander replied casually and Spike smiled. They got the supplies out of the trunk and loaded their arms. When they got to the door Spike struggled to get his keys from his pockets, which was hard to do when your arms are full. Thankfully a cute little red haired girl opened the door wearing a sweet smile. She grabbed some stuff from each of their arms and talked while they dropped the supplies by the basement door.

“Hi Xander.” She said looking at their now mutual friend “hello Spike, I’m Willow. Friend extraordinaire to Buffy and Xan. Maybe to you too now.” She finished and shook his hand.

Spike was in love with her in a completely platonic way. Just like the Summers woman he felt the massive need to protect this girl.

“Nice to meet you Red, I’m sure well get along just fine.” The use of the new nickname and the added wink made her blush crimson. Something Xander didn’t miss.

“Buffy’s upstairs, do you guys want some help painting?”

“I don’t think Buffy would want to help pet, her and I don’t seem to get along just yet.” Spike explained.

“Oh that wont matter, Buffy’s great with art, if you want a mural done she’s the one to ask. You should check out the one in her room when your not nemesis.” Willow finished with a laugh and ran upstairs to get her friend.

Spike and Xander just looked at each other and walked to Spikes new room. The basement was huge and it had 3 large windows. It was handy so they could actually see what they were doing. Spike shot Xan a pair of shorts and a wifebeater and pointed him in the direction of the bathroom to change. He stayed in the open to do so figuring the girls wouldn’t be down for a while, he was wrong. As soon as his pants were down Buffy came bounding the stairs. She stood there like a dear in headlights and he did the same. After a minute he snapped out of it and pulled his shorts on lightning fast.

‘Okay Buffy, it’s no big. You’ve seen naked guys before. Well A naked guy at least, don’t say something stupid.’ Buffy mentally lectured herself.

“Wow” was what she spit out. ‘Fuck’

Spike just smirked. “Like what you see pet?”

“What I meant to say was ‘wow’, your incredibly pasty smart ass.” She retorted. ‘Oh my god, he’s so bi…’ Buffy didn’t have the time to finish that thought because Xander came out of the bathroom just as Willow came down the stairs.

“So gang ready to paint?”

Everyone looked at Xander and laughed. He was wearing hawaiin shorts that were almost as bright as the sun.

Spike and Buffy shared one last look before she broke the eye contact and started opening the paint cans. She was surprised at the choice of colors. She’d been expecting black, but he’d chosen two shades of blue. Navy and pale. They were actually really nice.

While they painted everyone chatted amiably except for Buffy and Spike, who just kept insulting each other.

“I’m going to get some drinks.” The two blondes said at the same time.

“Oh, I’ll have one please.” Willow said and Xander agreed that he was thirsty as well.

Spike and Buffy walked upstairs to the fridge. Buffy turned around and looked at him. Even though he had a shirt on that was hiding his killer abs she knew they were there and it unnerved her, so she did the only thing she could think of. She insulted him.

“You know you might do us all a favor and wipe the sweat off of you. It looks like your leaking, it’s gross.”

Spike quirked an eyebrow, took the paint brush he was holding and swiped a small section of it across Buffy’s face. “You know you might do us all a favor and relax a bit pet.” He said and walked back to his room with the drinks on a tray, leaving behind a pissed off Buffy.

‘Who the fuck does he think he is?’ she inwardly fumed. ‘Just cuz he helped me out yesterday he thinks he can talk to me that way. God I hate him and his chiselled abs.’ “Eeep, bad thoughts Buffy.” She said to herself in a whisper, ‘besides he’s just another guy. On the bright side he’ll be gone in a year.’ She sighed and went to the bathroom to wash the paint of her face.


“So Spike, wheres Buffy? You killed her didn’t you?” Xander teased his new friend.
Spike smiled. “No mate, just painted her pretty face a lovely shade of blue.”

Willow put down her brush and sighed. “She’s gonna be exfoliating for at least twenty minutes, I should go keep her company. You guys are almost done anyway.” She said and walked up the stairs to go find Buffy.

Xander turned and looked at Spike, about to say something but the blond cut him off.

“Red’s off limits, I know. You don’t have to tell me. So when you gonna make your move Casanova?”

Xander laughed. “I would but I don’t think she’s into me like that buddy.”

Spike snorted. “Are all Americans stupid or just the ones I meet?”

“Hey….” Xander started.

“Look mate no offense was meant” , Xander relaxed, “I just meant that she’s into you, it’s obvious. You should ask her to dance tonight at the Bronze.”

“I just might.” Xander replied softly, thankful to find such a good friend so fast in the foreigner.


Willow reached the bathroom and could hear Buffy talking on the portable before she walked in. Buffy saw her and motioned her to sit down.

“I said I was sorry Angel, I didn’t know he would do that…………………yes I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again…………………I know you could beat him in a real fight….” Buffy rolled her eyes at this. “ actually I’m going to the Bronze tonight….uh huh, I’ll call you when I get home. Bye.”

“Sorry about that Willow.”

“Everything alright?” Willow asked concerned.

“I quess. Spike doesn’t know what he’s started, I almost feel bad for the prick.”

Willow got angry. “You know Buffy maybe you should just lay off him, all he did was stop you from getting another beating. Why are you so mad at him?” the red head spat out and added “It’s about fucking time someone did something to help you since you won’t help yourself.”

Buffy sat next to Willow. She’d never seen her friend so pissed and she knew it was because she was worried. She 'd already told Willow that Angel beat her, raped her and cut her but she’d never told Willow the full story.

“Look Wills, I know I’m being harsh with him but I don’t need a knight in shining armour. Besides, I don’t want to be alone all my life and Angels the only one who would have me.”

“Why do you keep saying that Buffy? Your pretty and funny and smart. I know Angels cut you but no one would care that you have a few scars. Not a good person anyway.”

Buffy sighed and got up. She wasn’t shy in front of Willow and pulled down her track pants (she was wearing underwear though). Willows eyes widened and she finally understood why Buffy was so sure no one would want her now. It wasn’t true but she did understand why her friend would think like that. Both the girls broke down into sobs and held each other. Willow cried for her friend and Buffy cried for a life she thought could never have, a happy one.

Willow knew that the emotinal scars Buffy had ran much deeper then the ones adorning her legs and prayed to god to help her friend.


Please review, let me know!!!