In the last chap I got a review from Mac that I deleted by mistake trying to respond to it. The msg was basically this : authors who write stories and don’t finish them obviously don’t care so why should the readers care enough to read and review? I’d like to answer that by saying that im sure people who have WIP’s out there have their reasons. Maybe they feel they aren’t good enough, maybe they feel they wont be able to finish it well, maybe something came up in their life and they don’t have time to write. It certainly doesn’t help that there are people out there like Mac who leave reviews like that. Reviews to me are inspirational and helpful, many contain helpful suggestions as to how the story should unfold. So Mac, if your reading I speak for everyone out there who has more than one story going or unfinished stories, even for people who are writing and trying their hardest who get harsh reviews, you have no right to judge people you don’t even know. Maybe you should relax a little and try to be helpful instead of negative. Also you might try reading things fully, I said I MIGHT drop my other story and a chap. was actually added later that night thanking my readers for staying by it. For those of you who have left reviews for me before, I do appreciate them and the time you spend reading my work. Feel free to be critical if need be but please be mindful to how you phrase things.



Xander and Willow left shortly after seven oclock. Willow had stayed and soothed Buffy the best she could, offering to forego bronzing and stay at home and talk instead but Buffy was adamant about going. She needed some “fun” time.

After they left Buffy decided to soak in a bath. The warm water felt good against her legs. She lightly ran her hands over the fresh scar and bit back the tears. She had to stop crying, things couldn’t get worse right? At least Angel had never left marks that could be seen on her before yesterday but that had been her fault. She’d pushed him too far. Opened her mouth when she should have kept it shut. She closed her eyes and thought back to the fight that they’d had yesterday on her porch.


“Maybe we should take a break Angel.” She said with lowered eyes, not needing to look up to see the rage on his features.

“We could do that if you wanted to Buffy.”

She had stupidly looked up with only to see the sneer on his face.

“But you know your damaged, that no one will ever love you now. No one but me. Your mine forever Buffy, I’ve made sure of that. I’ve marked you as mine over and over again. Do you think anyone would be able to look at your body but me? Everytime they did they would be reminded that you’re my property.”

“your right, I’m sorry Angel.” She lowered her eyes again.

“We belong together Buffy. Don’t question that ever again.” He finished as he raised his hand and struck her face.

That’s when he had come running out. That’s when he had helped her. That’s when he had given her a moment of hope, something she hadn’t felt in almost 2 years, but a moment wasn’t enough and she hated him for that.

Buffy pulled the plug and let the water drain. She wrapped a towel around herself and walked to her room to get ready. She picked out her black leather pants and a red tank, both clung to her every curve. She applied make up to the bruise on her face again, she was a pro at that. She loosely curled her hair and applied a smoky eyeliner with a light lip gloss. She’d heard Spike get out of the shower 20 minutes ago and walked down to his room to offer him a lift with her so they could meet Will and Xan at the bronze, it was easier that way.

He heard her coming and got ready for the verbal attack she seemed to love to give him. Instead he was given a small smile. God she looked gorgeous.

“You look good pet.” He offered, hoping she wouldn’t bitch at him some more.

“Thanks, you don’t look as horrible as you usually do.” She taunted.

“Ouch, cant just give someone a compliment can you?”

“That was a compliment.”

Spike raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

“It’s a Buffy compliment.”she explained, laughing a little at the clothes scattered across his room. “Need some help getting dressed since mommy’s not here?” she teased.

Spike looked embarrassed but didn’t stop her when she started picking up articles of clothing.

“Here, wear this and I’ll give you a lift to the bronze with me when your ready.” She handed him a white wifebeater and a pair of faded blue, baggy jeans. Maybe she didn’t hate him he started to think before she added “Like, today moron.”and walked away.

He looked at the clothes. He hadn’t worn anything other than black and red in a long time. He contemplated not wearing what she’d picked out but decided he didn’t want to give her more ammo for their fights. He watched her ass sway while she climbed the steps and thought to himself again “It really is too bad she’s not my type.”



Spike got out of the car on shaky legs only to look up and see Red and Xander laughing at him.

“It takes time to get used to Buffy driving.” Xan explained while Willow nodded in agreement. Buffy got out of the car in time to hear that and looked at Spike who was as white as a ghost.

“I didn’t hit the cat Spike, you don’t have to look at me like that.” She said as she grabbed Willow and went into the club while the guys followed behind them.


The music was good and the place seemed decent. Spike and Xander grabbed a table while the girls went to the bar to get some drinks.

“So Xander, fast or slow song?”

“Huh?”

“Which are you gonna ask Red to dance too?”

“Oh I don’t know, I don’t think I will.”

“Bloody hell mate” Spike sighed, “you will or I’ll tell her how you feel.”

Xander looked scared. “But----“

“No but’s about it, you will ask her.”

“What if she doesn’t want to?”

“What if she does?”

“What if she says no?”

“What if she says yes? What if it’s a yes directed to another bloke because you didn’t have the guts to ask first. What if she falls in love with him. What if she gets married to him?”

“That’s a lot of what if’s.” Xan said smiling.

Spike smiled back “Life is one big ‘what if’ mate, don’t waste more time then you already have.”

Xander nodded and the girls joined them back at the table. They put their drinks down and a slow song came on. Xander stood up and offered his hand to Willow who looked shocked but took it as a smile came to her mouth. They walked to the dance floor and left Buffy and Spike alone.

“Well it’s about time.” Buffy stated.

“It is pretty obvious they fancy each other isn’t it?” Spike agreed. He noticed Buffy mouthing the words to the song.

“It’s my favorite.” She shrugged.

“Well seeing as how I don’t know anyone else would you care to join me on the dance floor luv’?”

Buffy bit her lip. She knew she should say no but she really liked this song, besides it was only a dance.

“Sure.” She gave him a smile as he led her to the crowd of couples swaying to the music.

It was awkward at first but somehow during the song they had gone from standing a foot apart to being pressed together, both enjoying the feel of one another in each others arms but neither one understanding why.

Buffy breathed him in, he smelled like smoke and cinnamon gum. She liked it. She felt so safe in his arms. She stiffened at that realisation. Here, in this almost strangers arms she felt safer then she ever had.

Spike felt her stiffen. He moved back a little so he could see her face.

“Something wrong pet?”

“This isn’t right.”

“It’s just a dance Buffy.” He was confused, why wasn’t dancing an okay thing to do if it was just for fun and then it hit him.

“Angel would get mad wouldn’t he?” he stopped moving to the music, stilling her at the same time.

“Angel would be furious.” She said.

“Angel is furious.”said an angry voice to the side of them.


Let me know what you think!!!