Thanx for the reviews guys, I loved ‘em!!!

They danced for a little while after that before Willow and Xan interrupted.

“Well where off, my mom wants to give me a lecture about the evils of withcraft in case I ever decide to try my hand at magick.” Willow said and gave a laugh that the others followed in. Her mom was always coming up with these crazy scenarios that involved her only daughter.

“Well Red, good luck with that, I’ll see you guys on Sunday.”

“For sure.” Will and Xan agreed , they hugged (well the girls did, Xan and Spike just nodded to each other, men didn’t do the hug thing.)

Spike and Buffy decided to head home as well. “What happens on Sunday?”Buffy asked.

“Movie night in my dungeon.”Spike explained.

“How come I wasn’t invited?” She was a little hurt.

“Of course you’re invited luv’”Spike smiled “wouldn’t dream of having a movie night if you weren’t gonna be there.” He slung his arm over her shoulder and they walked to her car, Spike a little nautious with the concept of being in a car with her twice in the same night.


Xan hopped out of the car and surprised Willow by opening her door for her. ‘Okay weirdness!’ she thought but linked her arm through his when he offered it. He walked her to the door.

“I had a good time tonight Wills.”he said softly.

“Me too.”she blushed.

“OH, I almost forgot. I got you something.”

He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a small, yellow crayon.

Willow looked at him stunned. The first time they had met had been in kindergarden and she had broken a yellow crayon. It was her favorite color and she’d pushed to hard on it while coloring. Xander had seen her about to cry when the teacher had started walking over and had snatched the crayon from her, taking the blame.

“I um, thought you might like it.”

“I love it!” she beamed.
“I love you.” He blurted out. They both stood there for a moment stunned at his admition.

“Since when?”she asked when she found her voice.

“Since a little red head girl broke a crayon eleven years ago.”

She stepped in a kissed him gently. He wrapped his arms around her and sighed.

“See you tomorrow night?”he asked resting his forehead on hers.

“I see you every Saturday night Xan.”she giggled.

“I know.”he smiled and almost skipped to his car. He hadn’t freaked her out and he had kissed her. He was two for two.




Spike ran from the car and shot himself on the pavement. “Oh sweet jesus.” He said thankfully.

Buffy walked passed him with her nose in the air. “Coward.”she mumbled.

“Coward?” he repeated. “I should be given a bloody purple heart for surviving that.”



Buffy turned off the water and dried off. She got into a pair of shorts and a tank top. Tonight was hotter then most and she didn’t want to have pajama pants on in this heat wave. She walked into her room and saw that Spike was in his usual spot in the rocking chair, reading one of his many books. She also saw that he felt the heat too because he was only sporting a pair of track pants, minus a top.

Buffy swallowed her drool. Goddamn, he had like 10 abs, she’d never get used to seeing that.

“Hot?”

“You know I am pet.”he joked.

“You know you can sleep on the bed with me Spike. I feel bad for letting you crash on the floor.”

“S’alright pet, I just like being there for you when you have a nightmare.”

“Well you’d be there for me faster if you were on the bed.”

Spike tossed his book on her night table and sat down beside her. Buffy began fluffing her pillows and he began talking.


“My ‘Da used to read me poems from that book when I was little. He was always doing small things like that, things that counted. He insisted on teaching me how to play every sport known to man even if he didn’t know how to himself.”

Buffy laughed at that.

“He was always there for me, a great man!!!”

“He must have been to have a son like you.”

Spike flinched visibly and Buffy didn’t know why but she apologized anyway.

“S’alright pet.” He looked into her eyes and knew that he could tell her. “He’s not my biological father.”Spike explained.

“Oh.”she answered softly, not pushing him.

“My real dad is some sick fuck who raped my mother. Rupert couldn’t have children.”

Buffy gently cupped his face. “I’m sorry to hear that but it doesn’t make you less amazing.”

“No”he agreed “it makes me a monster.”

She could see the pain and hurt and humiliation in his eyes. She could see that he was disgusted in himself and her heart broke.

“You are NOT a monster Spike, you’re a man. A really rare one. No one else I know would care so much about a stranger in an abusive relationship and don a halo to save her. You know what, I was wrong Spike, you’re not a man.”

A single tear fell down his cheek.

“You’re an angel.” She said and pulled his head down onto her stomach while he clutched her, she played with his hair until they both fell into a fitful sleep.

Willow brushed her hair while getting ready for bed. The lecture had been long and pointless. Magick didn’t exist, even if Willow wanted it to. ‘EEEEeeeeeee’ a small voice in her head shrieked, ‘I had my first kiss tonight with the only boy I’ve ever wanted to kiss. I think I love him too!’

Xander was watching Star trek and thinking about the nights events. Wow, he’d finally kissed her. Double wow, he’d finally told her how he felt. He was looking forward to showing her just how serious he was for as long as she would let him.



“I’m drowning in footwear.”Spike mumbled and jerked awake. ‘Well that was a weird dream.’ His eyes adjusted to the dark and he realized he was in Buffy’s arms. Well he’d finally told her. She hadn’t been disgusted but then again he’d known that she wouldn’t be. She’d called him an angel, but what kind of angel lived in a basement?

He felt so much for her. He was protective and couldn’t help but feel jealous when he caught a guy checking her out. She made him laugh and he could cry in front of her. She made him feel whole and he wished desperately that things where different. That they could be together. But they couldn’t, because of what he thought he was.

He sighed and shifted their positions, bringing her in to lie against his chest. Wrapping his arms around her he placed a gentle kiss that was feather light to her lips and sighed.


Let me know...........