Chapter 15 – The Feeling’s…Close to Mutual


The next morning, Buffy and Spike met up in the kitchen before school. He watched her as she put her lunch into her backpack. She felt his eyes on her and blushed slightly as she looked at him.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. “Is my shirt on backwards or something?”

“No, it’s fine,” he replied before smirking. “Although, it’d look even better if it was off.” She grabbed an apple from a bowl on the counter and threw it at him. He caught it and took a bite out of it. “Was just being honest, luv.”

“I know,” she said, grabbing her backpack and grabbing an apple for herself. “Ready to head out?”

“After you,” he said, ushering her out and watching her hips sway as she walked ahead of him. She raised an eyebrow as she saw him looking at her out of the corner of her eye.

“I know you want a piece of my ass, Spike, but do you really need to stare at it like that?” she asked jokingly. He chuckled and opened her car door for her.

“Just admiring a beautiful sight,” he replied. She got in the car and giggled to herself as he walked around the car to get in on his side. “So, did you sleep well last night?”

“Yeah,” she answered as he started his car. “Did you?”

“Yep,” he said, smiling as he reversed down the driveway. “Had a dream about you.” She smiled and looked at him, intrigued.

“Did you really?” she asked, tilting her head. “And what exactly happened in this dream?”

“You’d blush if I told you,” he replied, laughing, and she looked outside again. “But you look really sexy when you blush, so I’ll tell you.” She put her hand up to stop him.

“No, please don’t,” she said quickly. “I don’t want to know.”

“Fine,” he said, shrugging. “But let me just say that dream-Buffy was one hell of a ride.” She plugged her ears, humming loudly, and he chuckled. “Oh, come on- wouldn’t you rather be a sex kitten than a frigid prude?”

“What? No,” she said before sighing and looking down. “Yes, I’d rather be a sex kitten.” She giggled and looked at him. “A randy sex kitten who could shag your brains out.” He groaned and closed his eyes for a moment at the imagery. “Spike! Pole!” He quickly swerved before he could jump a curb and hit a light-pole. “Sorry! I should know better than to distract you with something like that.”

“But at least I’d die with a nice thought in my head,” he said, smirking as he continued to drive towards school.

* * * * *

Before lunch, Buffy went to her locker to grab her bagged lunch, only to be stopped by Spike in the hallway.

“Is something wrong?” she asked as she continued to walk, stopping in front of her locker.

“I was thinking maybe we could eat together today,” he replied, and she looked at him, surprised.

“Why?” she asked as she narrowed her eyes. “Are you setting me up for a fall or something? Or are your friends going to mess with me?”

“No,” he answered, leaning back against the locker beside hers. “I was thinking we could eat outside. It’s a nice day out.”

“And you need a smoking break,” she said, smiling softly as he nodded vigorously.

“It’s been a long day so far,” he replied. “So, up for it?”

“Sure,” she said. “Have your lunch with you?” she asked, waiting until he nodded. “Alright, just one minute.” She opened her locker, grabbed her lunch, and shut her locker again before following him outside towards one of the picnic tables scattered on one of the lawns. They sat across from one another and opened their lunches. “So, how’d the first half of today go, besides it being long?”

“Had a test,” he answered, shrugging. “Didn’t study. Too busy with you last night.” She smiled and opened her diet soda. “But I guess it hasn’t been that bad.” He pulled his lighter out of his pocket before grabbing his cigarettes.

“So, what’s on my task list today?” she asked curiously, taking a sip of her soda. He blew out a stream of smoke and shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he answered. “How about washing my car? She looks pretty dirty when the sun hits her just right.”

“Okay,” Buffy said, nodding. “It’s a nice enough day out to wash it, I guess.”

“In a smashing little bikini, maybe?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. She smiled.

“What will I get out of it if I do?” she asked, grabbing her sandwich.

“A tan?” he suggested, and she giggled. “Maybe I’ll even help you.”

“That’s just because you want to be close to me when I’m that scantily clad,” she replied before frowning. “And I bet you’re going to try to get me wet, aren’t you?” He grinned.

“It’s always my mission, luv,” he replied suggestively. “I’d love to get you wet.” She quickly blushed and ducked her head. “God, I love that.”

* * * * *

After school, Willow walked with Buffy to her locker so they could catch up.

“So, how’s it going with Spike?” Willow asked as Buffy opened her locker. “Is he getting nicer?”

“Yeah, I think we squared away some things, so it’s getting better,” Buffy said. “A squabble here and there, but all in all, it could really be worse.”

“Good,” Willow said. “I’m glad he’s easing off a little.” Buffy nodded, putting away her textbooks.

“So, how’s it going with Oz?” she asked curiously. “Are you two on the train to wriggly town?”

“What?” Willow asked, her eyes widening as she blushed crimson. “No! Not at all. There will be no…wriggling.” Buffy giggled and shook her head. “I have morals, you know.”

“Fine, fine,” Buffy said, closing her locker. “But you’re going to date him after this week, right?” Willow nodded, smiling excitedly. “Good. He’s a great guy.” Willow saw Spike approaching and smiled.

“Yeah, Oz is great,” she agreed. “So is Spike.” He smiled at her, stopping to stand behind Buffy so she couldn’t see him.

“Yeah, he’s a handful,” Buffy said, and Spike chuckled. She whirled around and looked at him, surprised to see him there.

“If you want ‘a handful’ of me, pet, just ask,” he said, smirking when she blushed. “Ready to go home?”

“Yeah,” Buffy said, nodding. “See you tomorrow, Will.” Willow nodded and watched the two blondes walk away.

‘If anyone’s on the train to wriggly town, it’s those two,’ she thought before walking to her locker.