Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy Mother's Day!
Chapter 21 – Time to Spill


When Buffy woke up the next morning, she smiled softly at the feel of Spike’s body against hers. She opened her eyes slowly and looked at him, facing her with a content smile as he continued to sleep. Carefully detangling herself from his arms, she managed to get out of bed without waking him, leaving the room and walking down to the kitchen, ready to make him breakfast.

‘It’s my last morning- might as well give it a shot,’ she thought, smiling when she saw Anne already in the room, making waffles.

“Good morning,” she said, sitting down on a seat.

“Good morning,” Anne replied, smiling warmly. “I’m happy to know you were here last night.” Buffy raised an eyebrow, confused. “You weren’t in your room.” Buffy felt herself begin to blush.

“I was in William’s room,” she said quietly, looking down. “We stayed up talking all night, and I guess I must’ve fallen asleep.” Anne nodded, beginning to make another waffle.

“Well, I’m just glad that you two lasted the week and were civil,” she said. “I’m happy things seemed to work out for you both.” Anne opened the refrigerator and pulled out syrup.

“I was going to try making breakfast today,” Buffy said, looking at Anne again. “Do you think maybe you could teach me how to be a good cook?”

“Working with food is an art, dear,” Anne replied. “It requires creativity, perseverance, and time.”

“I think I can handle that,” Buffy said, smiling. Anne laughed and motioned for Buffy to walk over to her.

“Let’s see what we can do, then,” Anne said. “And, if worse comes to worse, we’ll just give William whatever doesn’t turn out right.” Both women laughed as they began to work together.

* * * * *

Buffy walked into Spike’s room about a half an hour later, holding a tray filled with food. Spike was sitting up in bed, running his hands through his hair to smooth it down. He smiled softly as she came in and sat beside him.

“Good morning, pet,” he said quietly. She smiled and put the tray on his lap. “All of this is for me?”

“Yep,” she said proudly. “I made it all.” He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. “I’m serious! Your mom helped me a lot, but technically, this is all my creation.”

“Well, it’s a vast improvement from day one,” he replied, chuckling, and she grinned. “Have you eaten anything yet?”

“A waffle that went wonky,” she answered, shrugging. “And some cereal. I’m set.”

“Thank you for doing this, Buffy,” he replied, and she nodded, standing up. “Where are you going? Leaving me in bed all alone twice in an hour, pet?”

“Have to get ready for school,” she answered. “I’ll meet you downstairs when I’m ready to leave.” She walked to the door and stopped when she heard him say her name, turning to look back at him.

“Thank you for last night,” he said, tilting his head. “It was nice to actually talk about things and not get in an argument. You let me into your life, and that meant a lot.” She smiled softly.

“You let me into your life, too,” she said, motioning around. “I’m happy that things worked out the way they did, Spike. I had a good time here, even if I had to be ordered around by you.” She winked at him and walked across the hall, to her room. He smiled as he heard her close her door before sighing.

‘I just hope this doesn’t all end after today,’ he thought before looking down at the tray of food. ‘I’ve got one hell of a girl, don’t I?’

* * * * *

After arriving at school, Buffy headed to her locker and saw Faith in the hallway.

“Hey, B,” Faith said, smiling. Buffy noticed that Andrew wasn’t around.

“Hi, Faith,” she replied, opening her locker. “Where’s your master?”

“In the computer lab,” she answered, shrugging. “Wanted to tell his buddies about how I deflowered him.” Buffy raised an eyebrow.

“Does the term ‘deflowered’ appeal to guys, too?” she asked, thinking out loud. Faith shrugged as both girls giggled. “Well, I’m happy things went well between you two.”

‘What about you and Spike?” Faith asked curiously, leaning back on a locker. “Did you two get bouncy, too?” Buffy shook her head, grabbing some textbooks. “That’s not what I heard.” Buffy frowned and looked at her. “The word on the street is that you two went all kinds of naughty.”

“What?” Buffy asked, her eyes widening. “‘Word on the street’?”

“Angel’s been telling everyone he’s seen that it’s true, it seems,” Faith said, smiling. “I would bet almost half of the school knows by now.” Buffy blushed and quickly closed her locker. “Don’t sweat it, B. I think everyone supports it. I mean, you two were the poster-children for agonizing sexual tension. I’m glad you threw it down for him.” Buffy’s eyes widened as she quickly turned and began to walk away. “Fine, we’ll talk later, blondie. And I want details!”

Buffy walked to her first class of the day and sat down in her desk, noticing that everyone around her kept looking at her and smirking. She ran her hands through her hair and stared down at her desk.

‘I should’ve known this would happen,’ she thought. ‘You should never have told Angel. Bad idea, on a very long list.’

Willow suddenly appeared in the doorway and waved for Buffy to join her out in the hallway. She stood up and left the classroom before Willow grabbed her arm and pulled her into the girls’ bathroom.

“You so had sex with Spike,” Willow said, grinning, and Buffy nodded, looking down. “Why didn’t you tell me? I’m your best friend! You tell best friends these kind of things.” She paused. “Right?”

“I just didn’t know how you’d react,” Buffy said quietly. “I didn’t want anyone to know in the first place, but stupid me blabbed it to Angel last night at the Bronze in a quest to get him to lay off.” She looked at the redhead. “Who told you?”

“I heard it in the hallway before,” she said. “Which only confirmed my suspicious.” Buffy raised an eyebrow. “I’m not blind, Buffy- I was picking up on some things yesterday.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you,” Buffy sighed quietly.

“Well, you can tell me now,” Willow said, smirking. “I want all of the details, so you had better spill.”

“We’ve got class in five minutes,” Buffy replied.

“Oh well,” Willow said. “I can miss one class this year.” Buffy giggled and sat on the edge of a sink. “You don’t have to give me graphic details- a brief overview would be fine.”

“Well, Spike wanted me to wash his car,” Buffy began to explain. “So, as his slave, I obediently went to wash his car, and he joined me soon after.” Willow held her hand up to stop her friend. “What?”

“Wait, did you two have sex in his car?” she asked, frowning when Buffy grinned.

“More like on his car,” she corrected, and Willow blushed. “Sure you want to hear all of this?” She shook her head and quickly left the bathroom, the sound of Buffy’s laughter following her down the hallway.