Chapter 4 – A Nightmare Come True


Making her way through the crowd, Buffy stopped in front of Spike as she stared at him, stunned. Spike managed to regain his composure as he looked at her, letting a smirk slowly play on his lips.

“What’s the matter, luv?”

Grabbing his arm, she dragged him to a more secluded area before turning to face him. “How…what…why?”

“You seem a little spooked, pet. Is something wrong?”

“Don’t play dumb with me, Spike. What the hell happened a minute ago?”

“I bought myself a gift,” he said with a chuckle.

“I’m not your damn gift,” Buffy hissed in a heated whisper.

“Oh, that’s right…I forgot- you’re my slave.”

“Oh God,” she muttered, dropping her head into her hands before pushing her hair away from her face as she looked at him again. “Why would you spend five hundred dollars on a girl you hate?”

“I never said I hated you, Summers. You’re just challenging.” Buffy glared at Spike as he gave her a wide smile. “Well, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll just go pay my bill. Oh, and Summers,” Spike said, turning around as he walked away. “Don’t go far…I might need you to bring me something to drink in a few minutes.”

Spike walked away with a laugh as Buffy glared after him. “Great,” she said to herself as she nodded her head. “This is just great.”

* * * * *

‘Bloody brilliant, you ponce,’ Spike thought as he sought out Buffy a few minutes later. ‘Bid on the girl who has the ability to drive you crazy, and for what? So she can do a few things for you this week?’

Spike smiled. Of course it would be fun thinking of new tasks. And she didn’t so much drive him crazy as be infuriatingly cute when she argued with him.

Searching the crowd, he spotted her talking and laughing. As he got closer, he realized she was openly flirting with the buffoon who had tried to outbid Andrew.

“Thanks for trying, Owen,” he heard Buffy say as he got closer to her, noticing her flirty smile when he reached her. “You really shouldn’t have gone so high.”

“It’s only money,” Owen said with a shrug. “It would have been worth it. Um…but I was actually wondering if you’d want to go out tomorrow night?”

Spike felt anger cloud his vision as he stepped closer to the couple, coming to stand behind Buffy. “Actually, mate,” he said with an evil smirk. “She’s going to be busy tomorrow night.”

Buffy turned to glare at Spike before giving Owen an apologetic look. “Maybe next week, alright?”

Owen gave a small nod before saying good-bye.

“Rude much?” Buffy commented as she started to walk away.

“I just bid a lot of money on you, Summers,” Spike said angrily. “I expect you to be the perfect little slave for the next week.”

“Just what I’ve always dreamed of,” she said sarcastically. “Being stuck with a Neanderthal for an entire week. Having to wait on you when all I really want to do is…”

“What’s the matter, sweetheart? Wanna hit me?”

“Spike-”

“Come on,” Spike egged her on with a grin. “Do something about it. Hit me. One good swing. You know you want to,” he finished with an excited hop, loving the way her face was turning red.

“I mean it,” she said in a firm voice.

“So do I. Give it to me good, Buffy. Do it!”

The tension seemed to escalate as they stared at each other. “Spike...”

“You know you want it.”

Before Buffy had time to think, her fist flew directly into Spike’s unsuspecting nose. “OW! Bloody hell!” he yelled, his hand immediately going to his face. “You almost broke my sodding nose!”

Staring at him in surprise for a moment, she couldn’t help it as a very unladylike snort came from her before she completely broke down in a laughing fit.

“It’s not bleedin’ funny, Summers!” Spike yelled.

“Oh, come on, you big baby,” she said, grabbing her stomach as she nearly collapsed before standing to her full height and taking on a horrible English accent. “Give it to me good, Buffy. Do it!”

Buffy erupted in giggles again as Spike glared at her.

“I’m going to make you pay for this- you know that, right?” he asked, practically growling as he looked at her. She shrugged with a sigh, smiling slightly as he wiped away the blood that was trickling down from his nostrils. “I can’t say I expected you to have that strong of a punch, Goldilocks.”

“Yeah, well, there are all kinds of things you don’t know about me,” she said, crossing her arms and tilting her head.

“Is that an invitation to find out what I don’t know?” he asked, managing a small smirk despite the fact that his nose was in excruciating pain. She narrowed her eyes.

“I don’t want to let you in on any bit of my life,” she said. “I’m your ‘slave’ for a week, but that’s it. After the week is over, I’m done.”

“Whatever you want,” he replied. “But I have a feeling you’ll want more after the week is through, luv.” She made a disgusted face and turned to walk away. “Be sure to be at my house bright and early in the morning, Buffy- I like breakfast in bed.”

She looked at him indignantly before storming off. He chuckled to himself and walked outside, lighting a cigarette before he got to his car.

‘I can’t think of a better way to spend five hundred dollars,’ he thought, getting into his Desoto and speeding off towards his house.

* * * * *

When Buffy got home, she changed into pajamas and crawled into her bed, sighing as she looked outside.

‘I can’t believe he bid on me,’ she thought. ‘I should’ve known he’d do it, though. What’s the phrase people say...right- expect the unexpected. You should’ve known he’d pull something like this. Far be it for you to get a nice guy, Buffy. Is this some karmic punishment or something? I don’t see why. I was doing something nice! It was for charity, for Pete’s sake. And now I’m going to be Spike’s stupid slave-girl for a week. God, I hate my life.’

Just as she was beginning to doze off, she heard her phone ring. She raised an eyebrow and yawned before picking up the phone. “Hello?”

“Just making sure I had the right number to call you at, Summers,” Spike said on the other line. She tensed up, feeling anger course through her. “Have to be able to contact you when I need you, don’t I?” he continued with a loud chuckle. “Actually, you might as well just stay with me because I’m going to be abusing the privilege of having you at my service this week. You’ll be amazed at the tasks I’m going to give you, pet. Think you can handle it?”

“I’m up for the challenge,” she said sharply. “Otherwise, I’m up for giving you a black eye. How does that sound? It’d look really good with your bruised nose, don’t you think?” She heard him growl quietly suppressing a smile as she continued, “I’m going to sleep.”

“Good, you should get lots of rest,” he replied. “Because I’m going to ride you hard before I put you away, luv.” Her eyes widened, confused by the meaning of what he had said.

‘Riding me? What?!’ she thought, inwardly freaking out at the disturbing imagery that popped into her head. ‘Eww!’

“See you in the morning, kitten,” he replied, hanging up with a satisfied smirk on his face.

“Bastard,” she hissed as she hung up the phone. “I can’t wait to give him a taste of his own medicine.”