Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm really not in a good mood right now. So, lots of reviews would really make me feel better. I hope you guys like it.
Chapter 10

Buffy realized what was happening and pulled away from him. Spike wondered why she stopped and noticed the scared look on her face as she got up and moved away. “What are you doing? We can’t do that.” Spike got up also and walked closer to her.

“I don’t know, love. We seemed to be doing fine.” He said as he got in front of her and ran his hands down her arms. Buffy shivered at his touch and Spike moved to her ear as he started to lick and nibble at it. Buffy closed her eyes. How did he know that was a sensitive spot for her?

“You...You have a girlfriend.” She managed to get out and he continued to nibble on her ear as he spoke.

“Not anymore. We broke up.” He trailed his lips down her neck and started to use his tongue. She opened her eyes suddenly and pushed him away.

“Stop, I don’t want to do this.” Spike sighed.

“Come on, pet. I know you want me as much as I want you. We can’t fight this attraction anymore.” Buffy shook her head and he caressed her cheek. “It’ll be okay. Trust me, Buffy.” He whispered to her as he captured her lips with his again. She started to kiss him back with just as much passion, when his hand suddenly moved to the zipper on her pants. It was then that she panicked.

“No, stop!” She exclaimed as she moved away from him and fell to the floor. She buried her head in her hands and started to cry. “Please, not again! Don’t hurt me, please!” Spike was confused and didn’t even think she was talking to him anymore. He kneeled down, so he could be closer to her and held the sobbing girl to his chest.

“Shh, it’s okay. It’s just me, Buffy. I won’t hurt you.” She calmed down after a few minutes and then looked up at him with bloodshot eyes.

“Spike?” She asked like she was just seeing him.

“Yeah, it’s me. I’m sorry, love. I never meant to scare you. I didn’t think you would react like that. It was too fast.” Buffy shook her head.

“It’s not you.” She whispered and Spike decided to ask her what he was wondering.

“Did someone hurt you before?” Buffy wiped at her eyes and nodded. “What happened, Buffy? You can tell me.” Buffy looked into his eyes and realized that she could trust him. She took a deep breath before she spoke.

“He was my best friend. We did everything together. We...We went to this party one night. He got really drunk and tried to get me to drink, but I decided not to. He said he needed to talk to me and I followed him into one of the empty rooms upstairs. He then grabbed me hard and started to kiss me. I tried to push him away, but he was too strong. He threw me on the bed and got on top of me.” She shuddered when she relived the memory, but kept talking anyway. She had to get it off her chest. “He said that he always wanted me and that he couldn’t handle just being my friend anymore. He kissed me again and started to remove my clothes. I tried to fight him off, but that only made him angry and he hit me. I realized that I couldn’t stop him and I let him rape me. God, I was so scared. That was my first time and it hurt so much. He didn’t even care to be gentle. He was a completely different person that night and I don’t know what happened to make him act like that. He passed out when he was done and I ran away. When I saw him at school, he denied everything. He said he didn’t even remember what he did. He then transferred schools a few weeks later and I never saw him again. A month after that, I found out I was pregnant.” Buffy stopped her story to see the look on Spike’s face and he didn’t look happy.

“That bastard is the father?” Buffy nodded as more tears fell down her face.

“He never even knew. I decided to keep Thomas. I knew that I had to, that he was a part of me. Even if I had to deal with everything alone. I’m just so grateful that I have my mom. I would have been lost without her.” Spike nodded in understanding. He then felt tears of his own in his eyes as he relived one of his worst memories.

“I keep thinking of the child I could have had.” Buffy was confused and he explained his situation to her. “My girlfriend, Drusilla. The one I told you screwed me up badly. She was pregnant and chose to have an abortion without me knowing anything about it. She killed our child and didn’t even have the decency to let me know. I managed to forgive her for that because I loved her so much and I understood that she was scared. I was a fool when it came to her. When I found her cheating on me, that was it. I realized that she would never love me the way I loved her. So, I ended it. She begged me to take her back and for once, I didn’t. I told her to stay away from me. Something I never thought I could say to her.” Buffy grasped his hand in hers as tears came down both of their faces.

“I’m so sorry.” He gave her a weak smile.

I’m sorry, too. How about we make a pact?” Buffy nodded and waited for him to finish. “We forget about the past and live in the now. We start over. I really do care about you, Buffy. I never thought I could feel this way again. I want you to know that I would never hurt you. If you choose to be with me, you will know what it’s like to be loved every day of your life. That’s a promise.” Buffy gave him a small smile as more tears came down her face.

“I think I can handle that.” He smiled back and kissed her gently on the lips. He then moved his lips to her forehead.

“A fresh new start.” He told her and Buffy agreed as they both shook hands on it. She really did believe that things would be different from now on.