Author's Chapter Notes:
We're almost to the end, sad to say. This chapter was a lot of fun, hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 16

Xander barged into Spike’s apartment about a week later with a huge smile on his face. He saw Buffy and Spike on the couch and walked over to them. “You are the best, man. Thank you so much for setting me up with Anya. She’s amazing, I’ve learned a lot from her.” Spike smiled at his friend’s excitement.

“I bet you have, Harris. You have Buffy to thank for that. Anya’s her friend.” Xander then grabbed Buffy and planted a kiss on her mouth, which caught the girl by surprise.

“Thanks, Buff.” Spike glared at Xander.

“You have your own girl now; keep your lips off mine.” Xander raised his hands and backed away.

“Sorry about that, I just haven’t met a girl like this in a while. I’ll see you guys later.” He stated as he left the apartment. Buffy laughed and looked at Spike.

“I’m glad he’s happy, but I should get going now.” She said as she stood up, when Spike grabbed her hand.

“Stay a little longer?” Buffy shook her head.

“I can’t, I have things to do. I’ll see you at the Bronze tonight?” Spike nodded and gave her a kiss on the lips.

“I’ll be there.” Buffy nodded also and gave him a smile before she walked out of the apartment.


* * * * *


Buffy entered the Bronze that night with a worried expression on her face. She then smiled when she saw Spike talking to Oz and was about to walk over to them, when an irritated blonde stood in her way. “I want to talk to you.” Harmony said and Buffy rolled her eyes. She really didn’t have time to deal with the other woman right now.

“I don’t think we have anything to talk about.” Harmony glared at her.

“Yeah, how about boyfriend stealing? You thought I was just gonna let you get away with that.” Buffy sighed and started to feel a headache coming on.

“Look, this is between you and Spike. It’s not my fault that he broke up with you.” She explained.

“We were happy, until you came into the picture and seduced him with your voice. I could so sing better than you.” Buffy rolled her eyes again.

“Somehow I doubt that.” Harmony crossed her arms over her chest.

“He doesn’t really care about you. He’s only using you for your voice, so his band will look good. Why would he want some loser in high school, when he could have me? I’m more of a woman than you. He’ll soon get tired of you and come crawling back to me. You can’t keep him satisfied.” Buffy shook her head and refused to believe what she was saying.

“That’s not true, you know why? Because he has more to lose with me.” Harmony rolled her eyes this time.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” She said in a bored voice.

“I don’t have to explain myself to you. I’m with Spike now and that’s how it’s going to be. If you can’t accept that, then I really don’t care. You should find another guy, one that doesn’t mind dating someone who lacks a brain.” Buffy surprised herself with what she was saying, but she liked it. Harmony looked pissed off and she slapped Buffy across the face. Buffy was stunned as she touched her stinging cheek and looked back at Harmony with cold eyes. She had enough as she punched Harmony in the face. The other girl stumbled back and held her nose as she stared daggers at Buffy. Buffy was shocked at what she did, but she couldn’t seem to care.

“You bitch, that was a new nose!” Harmony exclaimed and Buffy tried not to laugh.

“If you ask me, I think I improved it. You really should get your money back for that.” Harmony then let out a scream and grabbed Buffy’s hair. They were both soon clawing at each other as everyone started to crowd around them to cheer them on. Spike noticed what was going on and broke through the crowd to pull Buffy away from Harmony. Harmony stood up to glare at both of them.

“He’s so not even worth it. You two losers deserve each other.” She spat as she walked away and out of the Bronze. The crowd soon got back to what they were doing and Spike looked at Buffy with a smile on his face. Her hair was messed up and she was breathing heavily.

“You know, I think I should be really flattered right now. It’s not every day a bloke has two chits fighting over him.” Buffy brushed her hair out of her face and gave him a cold look.

“Not everything’s about you.” She then grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out of the Bronze. She looked at him with a serious expression once they were outside. “We need to talk.” Spike was suddenly worried now.

“Nothing good ever follows that.” Buffy sighed and thought about what she needed to say.

“Spike, I love you. You know I do.” She took a deep breath before she spoke again. “I got accepted to NYU. This is something I’ve wanted since I was a freshmen and I never thought it would actually happen. I’ve always dreamed of getting out of this town and going to New York one day and now I finally can.” Spike nodded and felt upset that she wanted to leave, but he put a smile on his face.

“That’s really great, love. I’m proud of you.” Buffy smiled also.

“Yeah, my mom’s pretty excited. We talked about it and I called Lorne who lives in New York and he agreed to let me stay with him. He owns a bar up there and he sings on Broadway. I’m planning on moving there after graduation in a few weeks and I just thought you should know. I realize that long distance relationships never work out.” Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

“That won’t be necessary. If you’re going to New York, then that’s where I’ll be.” Buffy was surprised at what he was saying and shook her head.

“Spike, I can’t let you do that. Your whole life is here.” Spike smiled at her.

“Right now, you’re my life. I can’t be here without you, Buffy. I love you and Thomas. I want to be a part of your lives, no matter what. I want to marry you some day. I won’t be able to do that if you’re a million miles away.” Buffy had tears in her eyes now.

“You would really go with me?” Spike nodded.

“I would go anywhere with you. I’m sure it won’t be hard to find a place up there. I really want this, Buffy.” He said to her.

“What about the guys and the band?” Spike shrugged.

“They’ll understand, I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find someone to replace me. You would be a little more difficult though, but they’ll manage it.” Buffy smiled and gave him a hug, which he returned. She couldn’t believe that he agreed to go to New York with her. She was prepared for him to break up with her, but not this. She now knew that she would be able to do anything she wanted, as long as this man was by her side.