Chapter 17

Is this a dream?
If it is
Please don't wake me from this high
I've become comfortably numb
Until you opened up my eyes
To what it's like
When everything's right
I can't believe


You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me


So, here we are
That's pretty far
When you think of where we've been
No going back
I'm fading out
All that has faded me within
You're by my side
Now everything's fine
I can't believe


You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me


And I was hiding
'Til you came along
And showed me where I belong
You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know?
How did you know?


You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me


You broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
The good and the bad
And the things in between
You found me
You found me



Buffy bowed and walked off of the stage as she finished her last performance at the Bronze. She would really miss it. She grabbed Spike’s hand and walked over to the table, where their friends were sitting. “You guys were great.” Oz’s girlfriend, Willow claimed as she embraced her boyfriend who only smiled at her. Spike sat down and pulled Buffy on his lap. Anya hugged Xander, when he came over to join them. He then shook his head at Spike.

“I still can’t believe you’re leaving us for a girl.” Xander said as he took a good look at Buffy and then nodded. “Never mind, I can believe it.” Spike laughed as he wrapped his arms tighter around Buffy.

“Nothing against you, mate. I can’t be in this crap town forever. I’m sure you’ll manage without me.” Xander nodded again and sat down next to Anya. Willow looked at Xander.

“If you guys need another singer, I have the perfect person for you.” She stated.

“No offense, Will. But your sister can’t sing to save her life.” Xander replied and Willow rolled her eyes.

“I’m not talking about Cordy. I’m talking about my cousin, Tara. She has an amazing voice.” Xander thought about it and nodded.

“Alright, guess it wouldn’t hurt to hear her.” Willow agreed and Spike smiled.

“See, we haven’t even left yet and you already have another singer. I have no doubt that she’s amazing.” Spike said as he winked at Willow who smiled at him. Buffy leaned into Spike and rested her head on his chest. He ran his fingers through her hair and looked at her face. “You tired, baby?” Buffy nodded against his chest.

“Maybe a little.” She said and Spike nodded also as he stood up with Buffy.

“We’re gonna call it a night. Gotta get my girl to bed. We have a lot of packing to do tomorrow.” Spike told everyone as he grabbed Buffy’s hand and pulled her out of the Bronze. They headed to his car and then drove to her house.


* * * * *


Joyce was already asleep when they got home. Buffy and Spike walked quietly to the baby’s room to check on him. They found him sitting up in his crib and Spike then picked him up and cradled the child in his arms. “Someone should be sleeping right now.” He whispered as he kissed his cheek, making Thomas giggle. Buffy smiled at them.

“I’m gonna take a shower. You’ll watch him?” Spike nodded and gave Buffy a quick kiss on the lips before she left to go to the bathroom. Spike then carried Thomas into Buffy’s room. Buffy finished her shower and after getting dressed, she went into her room to find Spike lying on her bed with his arm around Thomas who was sleeping peacefully at his side. Buffy smiled at the display as she went to her side of the bed and lay down also, so the baby was lying in between them. Buffy turned to look at Spike to find that his eyes were open and staring at her.

“He fell asleep.” He whispered and Buffy nodded.

“I can see that.” She replied as she kissed the top of her son’s head, being careful not to wake him. She then grasped Spike’s hand in hers and gave it a squeeze. Buffy moved closer to Thomas, so she was cuddling him as she continued to hold Spike’s hand. “We’re going to be great together.” She whispered as she started to close her eyes. She felt Spike squeeze her hand back.

“That we are, love. Just rest now, have a big day tomorrow.” Buffy nodded as she finally let sleep claim her. Spike watched her a while longer and then looked at the sleeping baby. He couldn’t believe that he had a real family now. Something that he has never really had before, besides his band. He knew that he would never let them go. He looked at them both one more time before he finally closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. He had a smile on his face as he thought about moving to New York with the woman he loved. For the first time in his life, he realized that he didn’t need music to be happy. All he needed was her. She was his life now and he wouldn’t have it any other way.


* * * * *


Joyce woke up when she heard a noise and headed to Buffy’s room. She opened the door and smiled at the scene before her. Buffy lying in her bed with Spike, while Thomas was sleeping in the middle. She was glad that her daughter finally found what she has been looking for. She knew that Spike would be a great father. She closed the door and then headed back to her room, with the smile still on her face. Joyce knew that she wouldn’t have to worry about Buffy when she was in New York. Spike would take good care of her and that was a comforting thought as she fell back into a peaceful sleep.


The End



Yes, I have come to the end. Corny indeed. I’m sometimes in the mood for corn; I actually would take it over angst. The song was “You Found Me” by Kelly Clarkson. I was looking for the perfect song for the end of this and I really think that one worked well. Thanks for the reviews. They really made me all happy. I’m glad you guys liked this one, plenty more where that came from=)