Chapter 9

Buffy walked to Spike’s apartment the next day because she left her music there that she needed for class. She knocked on the door, but no one answered. She remembered that Spike hardly ever locked the door, so she turned the knob and it opened. She walked into the apartment and really hoped that she wouldn’t interrupt anything. She saw the music still on the piano and went to grab it. She hoped that she would be able to leave without him even knowing she was there, but that didn’t happen when she heard a voice behind her. “No one really knows how to knock.” She turned around startled when she heard Spike and she was even more startled when she saw him standing there in nothing but a towel. Buffy was staring at him, when she suddenly felt embarrassed.

“I’m sorry, I knocked but no one answered.” Spike nodded and he noticed her blush. He figured she was a bit uncomfortable by the state he was in.

“Right, I’ll just go change. You can wait here.” He said as he walked to his room and she let out the breath that she didn’t even realize she was holding. How is it possible for a man to look that good? It just couldn’t be natural. He came back out a few seconds later all clothed and Buffy was relieved, but also a little disappointed. It was that thought that had her worried. “What can I help you with, pet?” He asked and Buffy tried to focus on why she was there in the first place.

“I only came to get my music. I left it here yesterday. So, I’ll just be going now.” She tried to walk away, when Spike suddenly grabbed her arm.

“You don’t have to go yet. We could talk.” Buffy knew that if she stayed any longer, she would end up doing something that she would regret.

“I really should go. It was nice to see you naked. I mean again. It was nice to see you again. Oh god, I have to go.” She stated embarrassed as she ran out of his apartment and he just smiled as he watched her go. She was too bloody cute. Oz then came out of his room and noticed Spike standing there.

“Hey, was that Buffy I heard?” Spike nodded.

“Yeah, came to get her music.” Oz nodded also.

“Do you know if she’s seeing anyone?” Spike raised his eyebrows at the question.

“Why do you ask?” Oz shrugged.

“I know a guy that noticed her at the Bronze. He wanted me to set something up.” Spike shook his head.

“I think she’s already seeing someone.” He explained and Oz shrugged again.

“Oh well, I’m gonna call Willow.” He said as he went back into his room to call his girlfriend. Spike sighed as he watched his friend walk away. Too many guys were starting to be interested in Buffy. He had to do something fast.


* * * * *


Buffy found herself back at Spike’s apartment after school. She was afraid to face him, but she needed to practice and didn’t feel like using the piano at school. She took a deep breath before she knocked. This time, Spike opened the door and she was grateful to see him in clothes. He smiled at her. “Hey, cutie. You here to practice?” Buffy nodded and blushed at the name. He moved out of the way to let her into the apartment, closing the door once she was inside. She moved over to the piano and looked at the song that was already there. She picked it up and looked at it closer. “That’s the new song I’m doing. I was just practicing on the guitar.” He said and Buffy put the song back down. “Would you like to hear it?” She nodded again and really couldn’t form any words at the moment. He grabbed his guitar and pulled a stool over to the piano. He sat down and she sat on the piano bench as he started to play the guitar. He took a deep breath and began to sing.


She comes home to me after a hard night's work
Falls in my arms and sleeps like a bird
Startle, wakes up, like she don't know me
Cocks back her fist like she's going to slug me
Like, who are you anyway
And what are you doing to me?


She's an angel
But she can't see it
She's got wings,
But she can't feel 'em
She's an angel
But she can't see it
But she's flying above me every day
Every day of my life


Bright diamond eyes with daggers beneath them
She carries the chains of a million decisions
That weren't even hers to begin with anyway
But she carries them all
All the people around her
Never even notice that she's very very tired


She's an angel
But she can't see it
She's got wings
But she can't feel 'em
She's an angel
But she can't see it
But she's flying above me every day
Every day of my life



He stopped to look at her reaction and she looked surprised. “Was it that bad?” She shook her head when he spoke.

“No, it was great. You have a really nice voice, Spike.” He smiled at her.

“I do what I can.” Buffy nodded and wondered if he wrote that song about anyone, but she didn’t ask him about it. “It’s not exactly finished yet. You can practice now. I’ll just watch and admire from afar.” He said and she smiled. She started to play and Spike stood up and went over to her after watching her for a few minutes. He sat down next to her on the bench and watched as she played. She was perfection. She stopped to look at him and noticed how close his face was to hers all of a sudden. Spike looked into her eyes and then moved his gaze down to her lips. He realized he couldn’t take it anymore as he moved closer to her. He cupped her chin and brought his lips to hers.


* * * * *


The song was “Angel” by Ghost of the Robot. Yes, again I'm evil for leaving it there. The next chapter is when the good stuff starts. I really hope you guys don't hate me for what I do in the next chapter though. We find out a little more about Buffy's past. Just know that everything will work out=)