Buffy rushed down the hall the next morning hoping to god she didn't see Spike. Not for the usual reasons, everything was so different now. She simply regretted some things she'd written to him in the note she'd left on his pillow. While laying there gazing at him she'd felt so much emotion well up inside of her that she'd basically confessed that she was deeply in love with him. Which was the truth, but she didn't think he'd react well to such a confession. Now she felt exposed and vulnerable. Perhaps even a little silly and inexperienced in how to handle these situations. When she'd picked out her clothes that morning she'd put on a mini skirt and tight little red top she'd had in her closet but never worn. She wanted to look sexy for him, though a part of her felt like she was just grasping at straws. She rounded a corner on her way to her third class when she saw him straight ahead of her. She looked up and their eyes met for a moment and then he looked away. She had her answer and she felt her heart crumble inside of her. He wanted nothing to do with her. He'd won the bet, wanted her virginity and he'd gotten it. End of story. Buffy beat her little fist against her forehead and blushed at herself as the tears once again began to roll down her cheeks. What did she think, he was going to become her boyfriend! God! He has sex with girls all the time. Girls much better looking than her. But he'd said such sweet things to her while they were making love...but that's what guys do. He probably says those same things to all of them. She was such an idiot. Such an inexperienced little girl. She ducked into an empty classroom and leaned against the wall trying to get her tears under control. She wished things would just go back to how they used to be, with all of his stupid little harmless pranks. Would he tell anyone they'd had sex? No, she doubted it. He was probably ashamed. Then she heard a voice and looked up to see Riley Finn smiling down at her.

Spike headed to his next class hoping he wouldn't see Buffy. He wasn't ready to deal with all the conflicting emotions raging inside of him. Her note had rocked him--she'd pretty much confessed her love for him and it had scared the shit out of him. But he wanted her. More than anything in the world he wanted her for himself. Especially when he saw her walking towards him in the hall wearing a mini skirt that showed off her long legs and a tiny red top that showed off the shape of her beautiful breasts. His mouth watered. He held her gaze for a moment and then he was gripped with fear and quickly looked away. He passed her and turned around to notice that he wasn't the only one appreciating Buffy's revealing clothes. Several guys along the hall were checking her out and Riley Finn, Captain Cardboard of the football team even followed after her with his eyes glued to her round ass. Spike felt the rage well up in him as he ran his fingers through his hair. She belonged to him. Fuck. Why couldn't he have more time to figure this out? He'd always known how gorgeous she was--despite all the shapeless clothes. Now every guy in school would know how fucking hot she was. He needed to think. He needed a smoke. But by that time Captain Fucking Cardboard might have gotten a date with her. That thought set him in motion down the hall after the both of them.


---------------------------------------
"That's sweet of you Riley, but I'm going through a rough time right now and I really just need to be alone," Buffy said smiling through her tears.

"Maybe if you let me take you out after school I could make you feel better," Riley said softly, reaching out to brush some stray hairs off her forehead.

"You heard her," growled a deep voice from behind them. "She said she wants to be alone, Finn."

Buffy peaked around Riley's massive body to see Spike standing in the doorway with a very angry look on his handsome face.

Riley turned and glared at Spike and then turned back to Buffy. "You be okay? Did he hurt you?"

"I'll be fine Riley, thanks. Spike and I just need to talk," she said with sad smile.

"Just let me know if you need anything Buffy, and I'll be there for you," Riley said sincerely, and then walked out of the room, bumping into Spike's shoulder on the way out.

When they were finally alone together Spike moved forward slowly never taking his eyes off of her.

"Buffy I--"

"Don't. Spike...I don't want to hear it," she said quietly as more tears began to slip down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry I turned away from you in the hall. I just--"

"I know. You don't have to bother telling me. It was just sex--and I wrote all that ridiculous stuff in the note I left you. I, being the silly virgin that I am--or was, thought it was more than that. I know better now."

"It was more than that, Buffy," Spike said moving closer to her. "I think I just got scared because-- I need you Buffy. I think I have all these years, I just didn't know how to tell you,"

"So you just tormented me instead," Buffy smiled, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Yeah. I'm not good at recognizing when I'm in love," Spike said softly as he reached out to stroke her cheek. Buffy looked up at him in complete shock.

"Don't fuck with me anymore Spike. I'm tired of it," Buffy said in a warning tone. Spike reached out and took her into his arms and pulled her gently against his chest.

"I'm not fucking with you. I've never given myself to anyone before. I want to be yours, Buffy. Only yours. I'm sorry if the idea frightens me a little, but it's my first time. I'm sort of a commitment virgin."

Buffy laughed at this and held him tightly as her tears of sadness turned to those of joy. "You want to be mine?"

"Yes, kitten," he said leaning down to give her a passionate kiss.

Buffy felt her knees weaken as his tongue caressed hers. They kissed for several minutes and then stopped to catch their breath.

"Tell me you're mine Buffy," Spike said in a husky voice. "Tell me."

"I'm yours," Buffy said smiling up at him. She felt a rush of adrenaline course through her. She'd never felt so happy.

Spike's face lit up when he heard her words and he kissed her again, taking her hands in his.

"We'd better get to class, kitten," he whispered in her ear as he lead her out into the hall. They walked hand in hand to Buffy's next class, to the amazement of everyone who saw them, especially the girls.

"Meet back at your locker after class and we can head over to my house?" Spike said as he raised her hand to his lips and kissed her fingers. Buffy felt like she was going to melt right there into a puddle on the floor.

"Why? You have another bet in mind?" She said teasingly.

"I'm sure I can come up with something where you end up my slave for a week, or maybe even a month."

"I've learned my lesson when it comes to betting. I always lose," Buffy smiled.

"You won me, kitten," Spike said leaning in to give her a gentle kiss, his eyes smoldering with passion.

"That's true. Maybe sometimes it's good to be a loser."