Chapter 4


Nearly 5am the following morning…

Buffy sleepily groped for the phone…

“’Lo?”

“BUFFY!”

“Ow…steady, Xander, is that you - wha-what is it, what’s so urgent at this time of the morning, huh?”

“I can’t go through with it!”

“WHAT!” She sat up in bed shocked; her shifting quickly shook Spike awake, that and the fact that she switched on the lamp.

“Whu-what – whassat – who is it – tell ‘em to bog off, middle of the bleedin’ night…wanna get some sleep!”

“Look, Xander, listen to me, its just pre-wedding nerves that’s all – once you get there, you’ll feel fine!”

“But Buffy, I haven’t slept all night, things just keep going round and round my head, what if we’re not suited, what if she misses her old life, what if I can’t satisfy her sexually, what if she-“

“Xander, XANDER, look – I promise you EVERYBODY has these negative thoughts right before the big day – in fact, Anya might be having them herself”

“She isn’t, I asked her. She said I was an unfeeling ungrateful pig, and I should realise just what’s she’s give up for me, and if I didn’t marry her today then she was going to become a vengeance demon again and do unspeakable things to me”

“Tell the whelp, I’LL do unspeakable things to him if he doesn’t put the fuckin’ phone down and-“

“Spike! Shush! Xander’s having a crisis!” Buffy hissed

Spike ducked his head under the covers muttering. There was a soft knock on their bedroom door.

“Hold on Xander, Willow’s knocking…Come in Willow…here, it’s Xander, tell him everything will be okay” Buffy handed the redhead the phone, mouthing ‘pre-wedding-nerves’. Willow smiled and nodded, took the receiver

“Hey!”

“Willow – what am I going to do? Please tell me”

“You’re going to rest until 9.30, go have a shower, get your wedding stuff ready, and we’re all going to drive to as Vegas, and as soon as you see your blushing bride and look into her eyes, I promise you EVERY single doubt you ever had will vanish, and you’ll realise that you’re so in love, and want to be together forever” Buffy smiled at Willow

“Um, really?” Xander asked, coz the way he felt at the moment…

“I PROMISE you, now go. Rest and we’ll see you lunchtime. And remember, we’ll all be here for you”

“Thanks Will, what would I do without you?”

“Later, bye” She put the receiver down and smiled at Buffy.

“Do you really think that Anya would, you know…” Buffy asked. She had her chin on her knees, arms wrapped around her legs.

“No. They’ll be fine” Willow said, resolve face firmly fixed

“You seem certain”

“I am! I-I just well, I know Xander! – He wouldn’t have asked her if he um, – he well, you know wasn’t s-sure, um, I better let you get back to sleep – see you later!”

Willow shot out of the door like a scalded cat, she realised if she stayed there much longer, she’d let slip about the spell, and how they’d all try and talk her out of it…

Under the covers, Buffy felt cool fingers creeping up her thigh.

She lifted the covers and peered at Spike

“Thought you said you wanted to go back to sleep!”

“Awake now…and um, so is…” Spike (with a smirk) raised the covers even further to reveal a very impressive hard on.

Buffy grinned, arched her brow and slid her legs flat

“Can’t let all that go to waste, can we?”

Spike softly bit her neck, near to where Dracula and Angel had bitten her, this always got her going, and she groaned and writhed so erotically, it made him throb with desire.

Her nipples were rock hard, and as his kisses got lower on her neck, she guided his head to them, where he gently drew wet circles around the areola, before drawing the hard nub between his lips and sucking.

Buffy held his head to her, arched her back, gasping and begging him to make love to her.

He let his fingers glide through her soft curls, and found she was more than ready for him, but he couldn’t resist rubbing over her distended clit with a moist finger.

Buffy rammed her heels into the mattress,

“Oh please, please baby, I’m begging you, ooohh!”

Sliding between her soft golden thighs, he lined himself up, and slid home.

They both let out a groan of pure pleasure. Spike waited a second or two for her to adjust to his size, before withdrawing and sliding home again.

“Ooohh, babe, you feel so good, ooooohhhhh”

He picked up the pace, Buffy began to cry out that she couldn’t last, and the sweet tight clenching of her slick walls had him coming too. They cried out their mutual orgasms, forgetting that there was somebody in the room opposite!

“Oh god Spike, do you think she heard us?”

Spike looked down into Buffy’s face and said with a grin,

“What if she did? – Hold on, hear that – sounds like she’s cleaning her teeth, can you hear that buzzing little whiny noise?”

Buffy raised her head off the pillow, and then she went round-eyed with surprise.

“Um, Spike, she’s NOT cleaning her teeth!” Buffy said grinning. Spike carefully moved off her and said innocently,

“Sounds like it, what is she doing th-oh – OH! Bloody hell – not little mouse Willow – well I never!” they started to giggle, and couldn’t get back to sleep, so Spike made all manner of naughty suggestions that Buffy was only too willing to participate in, only AFTER Spike went and closed the bedroom door
first though!


****************

9.50am, Buffy’s kitchen

Toast popped up and Buffy snagged up the two slices and put them on her plate. Spike poured them both coffee.

Willow came down dressed, wet haired and poured herself juice.

“Morning!”

“Hi Will”

“Red!” It was all Spike could do to try and stop grinning.

“Do you want some toast Will?2

“Please, (the phone began to ring) Oh, I’ll get it…hello…Xander, how are you this morn - what won’t start? Not at all? – Oh, um, well can you call the breakdown people…not to outside your house, okay, well, can you push it to the end of the road, they’d have to come out then………you’ve just had a bath and don’t want to get all dirty and sweaty again, I see, well won’t Anya…she said if she breaks a nail she’ll break your neck, okay hold on…Buffy, Xander’s car won’t start”

“Oh god…erm, tell him…tell him Spike will go and pick them up”

“Tell him bleedin’ nothing of the sort!” Spike put down his coffee mug with a thump so some slopped out.

“Tell him Spike will pick them up, and we can all go in my car”

“Buffy!”

“Shut up Spike!”

Spike scowled at her

“Xander, Spike will come and pick you two up, and we can all go in Buffy’s convertible………okay, um Spike, what time will you fetch them?”

“Bloody well – OW!” Spike jumped when she kicked his shin

“Tell Xander Spike will be there in ten minutes!”

“Ten minutes Xander, have everything ready, okay, bye!”

“Buffy! Will you stop volunteerin’ me for stuff I don’t wanna do!”

“Spike, you’re the best man, you should do these things, besides which, you heard what he said this morning, if this wedding doesn’t come off, then she IS going to do what you said she’d do, and revert to type, and if she does unspeakable things to him, no doubt anything that stood in the way of the wedding will be liable to be included in her wrath, and by you not helping, will include you, SO, if you value your bits, get going buster!”

Spike threw down his napkin muttering about how he’d be glad when this bloody fiasco was over…

On his way to Xander’s Spike stopped at the 7-11 and bought a bottle of vodka, he’d got a feeling by the end of the day, at least somebody was going to need it, even if it was just himself! He carefully filled his hipflask and stashed the bottle in the inside pocket of his duster. One thing about vodka, you couldn’t smell it when somebody had been drinking it………

At 11.30

“It’s going to be a bit of a squeeze!” Xander said

“Don’t be silly, Willow in the front, you and Anya in the back, Spike in the trunk!”

“Oh yeah, I forgot, daylight yeah…but where are we going to put all of Anya’s cases?”

“Cases?”

“They’ll have to go in the trunk with Spike”

“Now just a bloody minute! – I shall drive there in my Desoto, thankyou very much!”

“You will – oh good, I can follow you then, coz I don’t know where to go” Buffy said cheerily.

“Actually Buffy, I’ve always wanted to drive your car! – Let me and you can go with Spike!”

“Great idea, that’s settled then, come on kiddies, let’s get going!” Spike said before Buffy could object.

Xander grinned, so did Willow, Anya stood nervously twisting her engagement ring by her four suitcases on the sidewalk, Buffy didn’t scowl although she wanted to, she just said

“Fine, lets just get going shall we, or we’ll never get there!” and stomped towards Spike’s car.

Suitcases were loaded, cheeks were kissed and Willow felt in her pocket for the special little vial of ‘love philtre’ she’d concocted the previous evening. She was at a loss as to how to administer it yet, hoping she could perhaps drop some in the champagne the happy couple were going to have at the casino. But she’d sort that when she got there.


They arrived (eventually) at dusk, hot, tired and hungry.