First Date
By Kat J

Disclaimer: Joss owns the BtVS characters. “The Green Room” is the name of a club here in Melbourne. It’s a restaurant in this fic. Oh, and the fun is all mine.
Feedback: Inspires me, quite literally, to keep writing.
A/N: A sequel was suggested to me, so I thought I’d write their date. Enjoy!
A/N 2: Much thanks to Casey, my beta. :)


Buffy happily bounced along to the music on her stereo. She’d just finished her make-up and put on her outfit, a short black skirt with a silky pale blue top, as well as her tall black heels. Shoving her keys and cell phone into her purse, she was ready to go.

Of course, that would have to be when two things happened at once: there was a knock on her door and the phone rang. She picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Buffy!” Willow exclaimed. “How did it go? Did he fire you?”

“I have to go, Wills. I’m going out with him and he’s at the door.”

“Oh my god!” she exclaimed. “How exciting!” He knocked on her door once again.

“I really have to go. See you tomorrow!” Buffy hung up and opened the door. “Hi! Come in,” she told him, closing it behind him.

“Hello, pet. Nice place,” William greeted her.

“Thanks.”

“I’m not early, am I? Didn’t keep me waiting on purpose?”

“Oh, sorry about that,” she apologized, grabbing her purse and putting the phone back in the kitchen. “The phone rang just as you knocked.”

“Thought I was going to have to punish you for a minute there, love.”

Buffy smiled. “Oh, you still can, just wait until after dinner.”

He grinned. “Sounds fair.”

~~

“I made reservations for us at that new restaurant, The Green Room. Heard of it?” he asked her.

“With the live music?”

“That’s the one. Tonight Norah someone’s going to be singing. Thought you might like that.”

“Wait, you’re talking about- Oh my god! That place is, like, impossible to get reservations at, and you’re taking me there to see Norah Jones?” Buffy was almost hyperventilating at the thought.

“Yeah, that’s her name. So you’re happy, then?”

“Oh William, if you weren’t driving I’d kiss you,” she told him happily.

He pulled the car over, parking easily on the side of the road. “Go ahead.”

Buffy leaned over to him, her arms around his neck bringing his head down. Their lips met softly, soon parting as he deepened the kiss. His hands moved from her back to her stomach, slowly moving upwards until he was cupping her breasts.

They pulled apart for air, and he teased her nipples gently before she realised what he was doing and pushed his hands away. “Can we just go back to my place?” William asked hopefully.

“No way,” she said. “Reservations! Norah Jones! Drive on.”

~~

Dinner was fantastic. They stole bites off each other’s plates and danced slowly in each other’s arms, consuming enough alcohol to be pleasantly buzzed, perhaps too much so for a Monday night.

Buffy and Spike swayed slowly on the dance floor, her arms around his neck and his around her waist. The soft sound of ‘Don’t Know Why’ was playing.

“I’m having such a great time,” she said, kissing him softly. “This has been fun.”

“Who says it has to end?” he replied. Spike held her a little tighter to him, not wanting to let her go. The song ended and everyone clapped. Buffy took his hand and started to lead him to their table but he pulled her back to keep dancing as another song began.

“It’s getting late,” she told him. The time was close to 9pm, but they had to work in the morning.

“It’s still early,” he countered. “Aren’t first dates supposed to be about getting to know the other person? I don’t even know your birthday.”

Buffy smiled but didn’t move her head from where it was resting on his shoulder. “January 19th.”

“Mine’s March 10th. Favourite colour?”

“I should really get home,” she said, rather than answering his question. “It’s late, and I’ll see you at work in the morning-”

“Pet…” Spike trailed off as she pulled away from his embrace. “Wait.” She sat down when he pulled her chair out for her. “Would you like some dessert?” he asked lamely.

“No, thanks,” she waited for him to continue.

After asking for the bill, he returned his attention to his date. “When I talked to you in my office today, and I showed you those pictures, you said you wanted to take some more,” he told her seriously. “How about tonight?”

~~

Spike led her into his apartment for the second time. Buffy admired his leather sofa, making herself comfortable while he opened a bottle of wine. Looking around his apartment, she decided that he was just being polite when he told her she had a nice place. His living room had several beautiful paintings as well as expensive furniture. She frowned. He’d probably spent more time and money on this room than she had on her entire apartment.

William returned at that moment, and she smiled as she accepted a glass from him. He sat beside her on the sofa, which she rectified by seating herself on his lap. Draining her glass quickly, she straddled him, kissing him desperately.

“Let’s move this to the bedroom,” he suggested, putting their glasses on the coffee table before picking her up and carrying her down the hall, depositing her on his bed.

Thunder roared outside as he removed her blouse and bra and then tied her wrists to his headboard, lightening forks giving them a beautiful show outside his window. He caressed her arms lightly, feeling her jump from the noises of the storm.

“Scared?” he asked, already knowing the answer as he covered her eyes.

Buffy shivered. “Please, no blindfold!”

“Pet?”

“Please,” she repeated quietly. “I, uh, don’t like storms.”

He discarded the piece of fabric, kissing her lightly as rain began to fall. “What are you doing?” she asked as he released her wrists. She didn’t mean for him to stop completely!

William sat her up against his pillows, tugging the sheet and quilt looser so they could snuggle up warmer. “Thought we might try something different.”

“Hurry up before I fall asleep,” Buffy ordered, yawning. His bed was so comfy and she’d had a long night…

“None of that, kitten.” He rolled them so she was straddling his waist, now wide awake, skirt pushed up to reveal panties held on with tiny ribbons. “Is there a trick to this?”

“Rip them,” she begged, reaching down to help, but he wouldn’t let her. He managed to undo the ties on either side, marvelling when the tiny creation fell away. “William,” she whined, drawing out his name as she tugged on his shirt.

He unbuttoned his shirt then leaned up to kiss her, pulling off his pants. Buffy wound her arms around his neck, following him as he leaned back again. “Let me come inside,” he asked, and she released him, letting him position her hips and then enter her.

“Buffy,” he groaned. He heard her mumble something as she began to bounce slowly, grinding briefly against him for friction on her clit. He admired her blonde hair; she’d left it out in waves to flow over her shoulders. Her breasts were soft under his fingers as he caressed them.

“Will! Yes!” she exclaimed, panting harshly. His head fell back into the pillows but he soon returned his gaze to her, trying to keep eye contact. She had her hands on his chest for leverage, happy to use him for balance as long as he wasn’t complaining.

He moved his hands down to hold onto her sweaty thighs, revelling in the heat they were creating. She was slowing, though. “Hurry up,” she said playfully, and he gasped as her internal muscles gripped him more tightly.

“Just a little more,” he told her. Instead of thrusting now, he held her hips and helped her to grind against him.

“Faster,” Buffy begged. She was close, almost there…

“Buffy!” he yelled, holding her hips in place. She screeched as she came, and he kissed her hard to stop her from waking the neighbours. His own groans of completion were lost as well.

William lay still for a moment, and she lay back down beside him. “That was amazing,” he informed her, as if she didn’t know. They kissed lazily for a moment until he pulled back and gently rolled her over so he could spoon against her back.

Buffy felt him kiss her neck lightly. She tensed. Last time she’d disappeared before he woke up. Was he waiting for her to leave? She didn’t want to stay if she was unwelcome. After a minute she got up, refusing to savour the afterglow in the warm bed.

“Buffy?”

She didn’t answer.

“Can we talk?” he asked her, sitting up and lighting a cigarette as she gathered her clothes.

“Sure. I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going?”

Buffy paused, looking first at him and then at the clothes in her hands. She had to get home somehow. “To call a cab.”

“No!” he exclaimed, getting up to take her things from her and then leading her back to his bed. Why would she want to leave? It certainly seemed as though she enjoyed herself. “Don’t go anywhere.”

“I have to go home. It’ll be morning soon and I’m tired.”

“And I want you to stay,” he told her. William lifted the covers so they could settle comfortably together. She sat up next to him, taking a drag from his cigarette and exhaling the comforting smoke.

“I’ll be late for work,” she complained, yawning.

He took back the cigarette and put it out in an ashtray beside his bed. “I’m your boss,” he reasoned. “We could have sex in my office- do you want to have sex in my office? We can take the photos we missed out on tonight.”

Buffy snuggled up to him, asleep. She hadn’t even heard the question.

“I’ll accept your silence as a ‘yes,’” he told her, closing his eyes and falling asleep as well.

End.