A Note From Askita: Hey guys, sorry it took so long... I had a bit of trouble with my computer. And thus a set back was caused. But, this is a long chapter, filled with lots and lots of goodies. *grins and giggles* So sit back, relax, and take a ride on the reading rainbow...

Chapter 5-

Two weeks had passed without any incident or demonic activity. Things were still tense between Lorne and Angel, but made the effort when Cordelia was around. Fred stayed mostly in her room, only coming down when she was hungry. She missed Gunn and Wesley fiercely and felt somewhat responsible for their deaths. If she could have only done something different when she was Illyria, things might be different. Spike stayed away as much as possible, which worried Angel and Cordy. There was nothing much they could do, except to be there for him when they were needed.

Angel sat pouring over the books in his office, debating what he could pay ahead of time, ya know, since he had all the money in the world. He contemplated buying the old hotel, promising himself he would discuss it with Cordy. After all, it was their home. Absently, Angel picked up his mug of blood, drinking deeply, and promptly spit it out all over. ‘Ugh, that's gross…“ He thought for a moment, speaking a question aloud to himself. “When did it get so disgusting?’ he stood up.

“Ewww, that was nasty,” Cordy said from the doorway as Angel looked for a towel to clean up. She giggled then, struggling to speak without a wide grin. “Guess that’s your other gift,” she managed, crossing to him. She’d picked up a towel that was sitting on shelf near the door on her way over, and handed it to him. “Here you go.”

“You think this is funny?” Angel wiped the blood off of his face, and then his white dress shirt, creating many streaks of the dark red variety. “Damn, this is gonna stain.” He said frustrated, and then turned his attention to the mess on his desk.


“Don’t you know what this means?” She placed her hands on hips, waiting.

“Obviously the blood was bad batch,” Angel said clearly oblivious. “We’ll just have to get more.” He couldn’t understand why she’d ask a question like that. “Oh hell, the stains aren’t coming out. He threw the towel aside and Cordy stepped closer.

“You’re not gonna need anymore blood, honey.” Cordy lifted her hand, caressing Angel’s face as with a smile.

Angel’s face shifted through many emotions and expressions. Confusion, doubt, and shock to name a few. He hadn’t anticipated this gift or anymore for that matter. “This is… another gift?” Angel asked unsure, but knew the answer. He slowly began to notice the subtle differences between this ’hungry’ and his normal ’hungry’.


“It seems that way.” She leaned in to kiss him. “Why don’t we go to the kitchen?”

“Not yet, there’s something I need to show you first,” Angel said releasing her lips. He opened the center draw of his desk, revealing a small pile of manila envelops. He slipped the one off the top and handed it off to her.

“What’s this?” Cordy wondered aloud.

“Open it and find out.”

Cordy slowly opened the envelop, peeking up at Angel before pulling the contents out — a birth certificate, drivers license, passport, and a social security card all for Angel. “What’s this for?”

“My new identity,” responded Angel with a smile. He opened up the side drawer nearest him and pulled out a little black velvet box. “When we, uh…get married, I’d need to have an ID wouldn’t I?” Angel’s grin grew wider.

“Is that what I think it means?” Cordy asked, her large brown eyes glittering with hope. This was every girl’s dream, to be asked by the man of their dreams. Surely, this had to be it. She’d loved Angel for so long, then she had been taken away from him only to be brought back by God himself. This was a miracle. This was her gift.

He settled the box into her hand, wrapping her fingers about it before he let go. She squealed in excitement, the black velveteen box opening easier from the pressure of her fingers. Her breath caught in her throat, she struggled to breath as she gazed upon the twin pear shaped sapphires he chose to express his love for her, his claim on her. They glittered deeply in the platinum setting, her favorite shade of blue accenting the marquis cut 2 ½ karat diamond nestled safely between them.

“Angel…” she whispered breathily, tears slipping down her face

Angel cupped her face in his hands, his thumbs moving to wipe her tears away. “So, that’s a yes?”

“Yes! Yes I’ll marry you!” Cordy leaned and Angel caught her lips in a kiss, only releasing her when air became an issue.

With a content smile, Cordy sighed, and settled her head on his chest. She was the happiest person in the world right now. There wasn’t a thing that could ruin this moment.

The vampire removed the box from her grasp and removed the ring from it’s satin bed. Slowly he slid the ring on to its intended’s finger. “Cordelia, you were my sunshine when it was denied me, my happiness when I refused to see it, and my salvation in the very end. I love you more than I ever thought possible… You are my light and my world. And I am truly honored that you would even consider taking me as your husband.”

Tears slid down her cheeks again, the happiness in her eyes evident to any who would have seen her. “I love you, Angel! More than ever…” Unable to come up with anything worthy of following his heartfelt speech, she kissed him, long and soft, a lingering caress. She leaned back, a grin lighting her eyes, the only evidence of her earlier tears the now dry track down her cheeks. “So when??” She asked, already beginning to immerse herself in the mountain of planning that would be needed.

Angel sat back down in his chair, pulling her into his lap eliciting a giggle from his new fiancée. “Well, to be honest…”Angel’s lips grazed her neck as he spoke, and Cordy gave into the sensation. “I’d like to do it as soon as possible so that I could…” Cordy interrupted him, playfully slapping at his chest. “What?” Angel asked, brown eyes light and mischievous as they met with Cordy’s serious look. “Ok, ok.” He relented. “How about a couple of months. That enough time?”

“Enough time for what?” Lorne said as he strode into the office and settled into a chair across the desk from Angel and Cordy. His loud colored suit continued to speak volumes, as it had the day they first met. But the pair on the other side of the large ebony desk, received different vibes from the demon.

Cordy’s face lit up with happiness and Lorne instantly smiled. He’d known that the big day was here and he smiled. ‘Personally, I’d like for you to find someone other than Angel, but hey, who am I to judge. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy for you sugar plum.’ Lorne thought to himself.

“We’re getting married.” Cordy held her hand across the desk, poised perfectly for Lorne to get a good look at it.

“Oh, Sugar pie, I’m so happy for you.” Lorne smiled at Cordy, discreetly sending a glare to Angel.. Cordy, oblivious to the hostility, beamed at Lorne as he continued to speak. “So when and where is this shindig?”

“Well, we were thinking in a couple of months, but we haven’t decided where yet,. I know there’s plenty of time for decisions, so I‘m not too worried. There is just so much that needs to be done.” Cordy said, excitedly.

“How about here?” Angel offered. “We’ve got plenty of room for your relatives, and other than them, it’ll just be Lorne, Fred, and Spike.”

“Oh, I like that, but how will we explain Lorne to my family? I mean, base and powder won‘t exactly cover the whole green skin and horns dilemma.” Cordy asked, looking pointedly at Lorne then Angel.

Lorne was to the rescue with an immediate suggestion, “Why not have two weddings? Have a small one here, where at least I, and some of our other not so eyesight friendly demon pals, can be in attendance, and then have the second wedding at Marshall Park down the street. This one during the day, since Angel can go outside, Spike can go as well, be the Best Man, and Fred can be your Maid of Honor. Not to jump any guns… I just assumed…”

“Oh, that’s a great idea Lorne.” Cordy said, turning toward Angel. “What do you say? Two weddings?”

Being outside was still new to Angel. They’d been out for drives since being back, but that was just the two of them, he still flinched at the sunlight, but an outside wedding would make her happy. What could he do? He'd contemplate for a few moments before deciding, it was a domed thought process. Nodding, Angel smiled, “Why not?”

Cordy snaked her arms around his neck, hugging him to her. “Thank you.”

“If you need any help planning Cordy, let me know.” Lorne said, breaking the intimate moment. He leaned forward bracing himself to stand before freezing. They were forgetting someone. “I hate to put a damper on the festivities, but we-” Lorne paused momentarily, settling back into the chair, “we haven’t had a memorial for Gunn and Wesley. I think that it’s something we should do for Fred. She’s really taking it hard. She feels like she could have done more as Illyria. ”

Angel’s smile saddened, then disappeared altogether, it was the right thing to do after all, they were family. They certainly couldn’t let themselves forget that they’d ever existed, which is what they had doing in the last two weeks since they died.

Sadly smiling Cordelia placed her hand over Angel’s and gently squeezed, she looked back at Lorne as she spoke. “I think that’s a great idea, Lorne. We should do it as soon as possible. But, do you think that Fred would be up to it?”

“I think so. I’ll go and talk to her about it.” Lorne said, rising to his feet, exiting the room.

Angel looked away, tears glistening in his eyes. He hadn’t been thinking about them. ‘What kind of friend am I?’ He thought. He’d been trying to move on with his life. ‘Isn’t that what they’d want me to do? It’s selfish, I know, but I don’t want to be holed up in some corner brooding about it. I’m done brooding… There are better things for me to concentrate on now.’ Now with the mention his friend’s death’s once again hanging over him, it brought it all back. This loss of his friends only compounded the emotions running through him. A rumble in his stomach dragged and pulled at his attention, he was starving. Soon he was going to have to get something to eat, and worry about all the other stuff later.

“Honey,” Cordy cupped his face in her heads, turning him to look at her. Her heart melted when she saw the sadness in his eyes. “It’s ok baby, I miss them too. This Memorial, it’ll be good for us, it’ll be good for Fred.”

Angel nodded, knowing she was right. “How about we do it later, ok?” He stood then, gently setting her on her feet on the floor. “I need to…I’ll be back.” Angel left the office, leaving her there alone, wondering where he was off too.

****

The dark lock of Angel‘s hair blew in the breeze as he took off in his Benz AMG Cabirolet, he smiled, realizing it had been some time since he’d truly enjoyed food. He pulled into the nearest McDonalds; ordering one of everything on the menu. He pulled around the building, careful not to scrape the alloy rims. Angel retrieved his food from a sniggering dark haired boy at the window. The vampire growled, electing a weak smile from the young boy before he quickly slammed the windows shut. He drove the car toward the parking lot, settling in to taste everything he had ordered. Before long, he had discovered that his favorite sandwich was the Crispy Chicken sandwich accompanied with a large fry and a coke.

****

Lorne had made his way back up to Fred’s room to check on her. He now paced outside her door, he hadn’t seen her since the night before. Finally he knocked, the only response from the room was a scream, he hurried inside, rushed to settle down next to her where she was sitting up in bed.

“Sweaty pie, what’s wrong?” Lorne asked, his hands moving over her to check for injuries. “Are you ok?”

“Lorne, I’m scared,” Fred replied, slipping her arms around him

“It’s ok, honey. Lorne’s here. What is that you’re scared of?” He asked, pulling away a bit to look her in her eye.

Fred hesitated before speaking. “Lorne,” She said slowly. “I think… I think I’m having visions.”

“What… Visions…“ he quickly recovered from his start, instead focusing on her. “How many have you had sweetums?”
“Since that night, I think I’ve had five. They’ve all been horrible horrible visions of ghastly murders. I close my eyes and I still see it. I don’t want these visions. I never asked for them, and I don‘t want them…” Fred said the last few words through her sobs, her head resting on Lorne’s shoulders.

“I know kitten.” Lorne tightened his arms around her protectively. “I think we should tell Angel and Cordy. They’ll know what to do. Especially Cordy, she’s been through this, she can help you.”

“NO!” Fred said firmly, pushing at Lorne’s chest. “I don’t want anyone to know.”

“But there might be something that we could do…save these people perhaps.”

“I just can’t.” Fred turned away. She couldn’t save Wesley or Gunn; she certainly wouldn’t be able to save these others.

“Fred, please let’s just discuss this rationally.”

“No, my mind has been made up,” Fred said stubbornly. “Please leave. I’m gonna go take a shower now.”

Lorne rose to his feet defeated. “Ok. If you need me, let me know, I’ll be downstairs, if not call me at Caritas.”

He was gone. Fred pushed the blankets off, swinging her legs around, and stood. She sighed, as she headed into the bathroom. She turned on the water, stripping down and stepping in. Soon all thought was lost under the hot stream.

Lorne leaned against the wall outside Fred’s door. He’d promised he wouldn’t tell anyone what she was going through, but at the same time he knew he had to help somehow. He was in a jam and on top of that, he hadn’t told Fred about the memorial services. He turned to knock on the door, and thought better of it. ‘When she’s feeling better, I’ll tell her,’ he thought walking away.

****

Spike paced back forth for several moments, before deciding to see what was on TV, his nerves were so tense, he needed to do something to calm them. Finally he managed to seat himself on the sofa, and he leaned forward to pick up the remote and began flipping through the stations. After realizing that nothing interesting was on Spike shut off the TV and ran his hands through his hair with a sigh. Deciding he felt a little peckish, he rose to his feet and crossed slowly to the kitchen. ‘Hell,’ he thought to himself, 'more than a little peckish’. He opened the fridge, reaching in and grabbing a packet of blood. He didn’t bother with a mug, or even heating it up, he just vamped out and ripped into the package, drinking down the dark red liquid.

Suddenly, Spike hurried to the sink, spilling the contents from his stomach.

“Must be a bad batch,” he said aloud to himself, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He went back to the fridge, and grabbed another, he opened this one in the same manner, only this time, he couldn’t even drink it; the smell and thought disgusted him. “What the hell!” He shouted, tossing the pack into the sink in anger.

Gathering himself, Spike threw the packets in the trash and wiped up any splattered blood. He washed his hands, deciding he’d deal with it later. He headed back into the living room and sat back down on the sofa. Suddenly a thought occurred to him and he chuckled. “That’s one cruel joke, you know that.”

Seconds later, there was a knock at the door. Spike stood up quickly and ran his hands through his hair attempting to tame the wild curls. He checked for any blood splatter on his clothes and when he was satisfied, he moved to open the door. “’Ello, Ms. Rose.” Spike said as he stepped aside for the little old lady to enter the apartment.

Ms. Rose lived on the fifth floor. She was five foot three, a little on the heavy side and could always be found in a very colorful muumuu. Her grey hair was pulled back into a bun so tight; the sides of her face were pulled back, her green eyes taking on a Chinese look although she was clearly not. Spike had thought she was very grandmotherly… at least she reminded him of one. The old woman took in her surroundings as she entered the small apartment, obviously not pleased with where Spike was living, and decided to make it known.

“Please sit.” He gestured kindly, shutting the door.

“Thank you William.” She said, sitting down slowly.

“So, everything ok?” Spike asked, nervously.

“Everything is fine. William, please sit here, next to me. I wish to speak to you about something.”

“Ok.” Spike replied, crossing to the sofa and settling down next to her.

Ms. Rose smiled. “I think you should move.” She said bluntly.

“What?” Spike stood up defensively. “This is my home.”

“This is no place to live William and you know it. She needs sunlight and windows. This place has none of it. You can’t live here.”

Spike knew the woman was right. He had to have a house with a back yard, and a swing. Reluctantly, he sat back down.

“With that said, here, I want you to take this.” The woman handed Spike a bag. “In there are directions for what you need to do.”

“But… I was hoping that you could…” she quickly interrupted Spike.

“Nonsense William, you can do it.” Ms. Rose snapped. “You’re more than capable,” She said. Gently she handed Spike a large wrapped up bundle, showing him the proper way to hold it. “Take good care of this precious bundle. Don’t let anything happen.” She peeked inside, smiled, then stood. “You’ll do fine.” With that, she headed up to her own apartment.

Spike’s stomach had been rioting for entire conversation, telling him he needed to eat and soon. Crying erupted, echoing off all the walls in the little apartment. He looked down at the ‘precious bundle’ in his arms, and smiled.

“Heh, you hungry too?” Spike fished out the piece of paper filled with directions and realized he needed help. There was only one person that he knew that had been through this. “We’re gonna go on a little trip, so you hush now and we’ll be there before you know it.” He gentle slid on his coat, and headed out.

****

When Angel pulled up in front of the hotel, Cordy was waiting for him staring down from the window, relief evident on her face. By the time he stepped through the doors, she was half way down the stairs.

“Where did you go? I was so worried about you?” Cordy asked worriedly as she followed him into his office. “You’ve been gone an hour.”

Turing around to face Cordy, Angel sighed. “I’m sorry I left like that.”

“Was it because of the memorial services were talking about?” Cordy asked, caressing his face.

“No, not really. I think the memorial is a great idea. It’s still tough for me losing them, especially since it was partly my fault that they died.”

Cordy looked at him, “Oh, no, Mister, we’re not going there. No way.”

“You’re right.” Angel nodded. “No more Mister broody. I‘ve already promised myself that” He said, light-heartedly as he wrapped her in an embrace and kissed her on the nose.

“That’s better.” Cordy said demurely as she kissed him.

While Angel and Cordy were kissing in the doorway of his office, Fred quietly came down the stairs. She stood there for a few moments feeling a little uncomfortable She quickly cleared her throat.

“Um, do- do you know where Lorne is?” Fred asked, biting her lip.

Embarrassed, Cordy and Angel stepped out of each other’s arms. “He got a call, from Caritas. The manager said something about the alarm failing and they had been broken into or something. I‘m not real sure.” Cordy said in one breath. “So how are you doing? Feeling any better?”

“I’m fine. I could, I could use a bite to eat,” Fred said quietly just as Spike came into the hotel.

“Spike, what is that you’ve got there?” Angel asked curiously.

Spike just stood there silently for a few moments. “This- is why I’ve been so distant the last two weeks.” Spike stepped closer to the group and moved the corner of the blanket down, revealing a beautiful baby with big bright eyes and soft blonde hair.

“Who does it belong to?” Angel asked.

“Me.” Spike said, matter-of-factly.

“Where did you get it?” inquired Angel. “You didn’t steal it?”

“No.” Spike said, shaking his head. “I found her. That night…” He replied, letting the comment linger in the air.

“What’s her name?” Fred asked, crossing to Spike, checking the baby out.

“’Fraid I haven’t thought that far ahead.” Spike answered honestly. “I need a bit of help with her.” He continued, handing the baby over to Fred. “The nanny left me directions and I can’t make heads or tails of ‘em.” He shrugged.

“Well, there’s one thing I know she needs help with,” Fred joked waving her hand in front of her face. “Her give me the bag and I’ll go change her.” Spike handed the bag over and watched for a few seconds as Fred crossed over to the sofa in the middle of the room, and began to change her.

“So how you gonna raise her, Spike? Your living conditions aren’t really exactly baby-friendly,” Cordy pointed out bluntly.

“That’s why I came here. I want to make this official. I want to adopt her, raise ‘er as my own. I can’t do that until I have proper ID and I certainly can’t get a bloody house without any bloody money,” said Spike seriously.

“I think that I can help you with that.” Angel disappeared into his office and reappeared a few moments later bringing two manila envelops—one filled with cash and the other filled with a new identity. “Here.”

Spike opened the first envelope, surprised to find money. “Angel, this some serious cash. Are you willin’ to part with it?”

“Don’t worry about it. There’s plenty where that came from. Use it to get you a house and things for the baby. I believe there’s enough there. If you need more, let me know.” Angel said with smile. He was proud to help his grandchilde.

“That’s mighty generous of you, peaches. Thanks.” Spike opened the second envelop a few moments later. “A new identity.” He mumbled as he carefully inspected each item. “Angel.” he said, looking up. “How did you know?” (Addison)

“Know what?” Angel asked; his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“The name, it’s my real name, and not to mention my birth date… I didn’t think I ever told you.”

“Oh that.” Angel shrugged. “I didn‘t know. You know Marlon on 5th avenue? He’s the one that made ‘em for us.”

“Angel, this means a lot to me. Thanks.” Spike and Angel shook his hands.

“Not a problem. Happy to help.” Angel smiled.

“Now that we’ve got that out of the way, what do you plan on naming her?” Cordy interrupted the moment.

“I was thinking maybe Annabella after my sister and Elizabeth after Buffy. What do you think?” Spike asked, needing reassurance.

“I like it. It works. Annabella Elizabeth. It’s beautiful.” Cordy said before heading over to Fred, who was feeding Annabella now.


“What do you say we go out and find a house for you?” Angel asked.

“Sure.” Spike nodded.

Spike and Angel stood there watching the women play with the baby. The loud rumbling of their stomachs drew Fred and Cordy’s attention from the cooing child, a look of surprise clear on their faces. Cordy giggled, knowing what that sign really was.

“You to?” Angel and Spike asked in surprise.

“I already ate, but I can’t seem to curb my appetite.” Angel said, rubbing his sore stomach.

“Not eating for a few centuries will certainly do that to you.,” Fred said with a laugh. She’d begun to feel a lot better. ‘It must be the baby’, she thought, looking down at little girl who was now contentedly sucking on her own toe.

“I was wondering when that one would show up.” Cordy said, desperately trying to speak around her peals of laughter. “How about we order in, and celebrate?”

Lorne walked in a few moments later catching the celebratation, a grin spreading across his face as he spoke. “Celebrate? What we celebrating?” He continued down the entrance steps, looking first at Spike and Angel, then to Cordelia and Fred. “Fred you’re up…” He said smiling, it was then that he saw the baby. “Who’s the munckin belong to?”

“Me.” Spike said, looking to the green skinned demon.


“Oh,“ he said, slightly confused, “So what are we celebrating?” Lorne asked again.

“We’re hungry,” Spike said dead pan.

“Oh.” Lorne said, missing the meaning. “Oh. Another gift?” He asked, in realization.

“Don’t ask.” Angel said dismissively.

“I want chicken wings.” Spike blurted out.

“How about Chinese?” Cordy asked, raising to her feet and heading over to the counter, “You can get wings there, every Chinese place has them now.”

“They are actually tasty.” Spike said jokingly. When everyone glared at him, he relented. “Ok, Chinese is fine.”

Cordy ordered the food, while Spike and Angel crossed over to the baby. Angel sat on the sofa next to the baby, Spike kneeling in front of her.

Spike tickled the baby, rubbing her face lightly, enjoying her smile, the light in her eyes. “You think about Connor?” Spike asked a few moments later, his sapphire blue eyes still on the baby.

“All the time. It never goes away, but he’s in a good place right now, and I’m happy for him.” Angel picked up a rattle and shook it, playing with the baby. “I never had a chance to hear his first word or see his first step. I have to admit, I’m jealous that you’ll be having all the firsts with this baby.”

Spike patted Angel on the back. “You’ll get there again, eventually, but you, Cordy, Fred and Lorne will be here to see all that. Besides, you’re the tike’s grandpa.”

Spike and Fred shared a laugh.

“Don’t remind me.” Angel said, but he too joined in their laughter.

“Wouldn’t that make Cordy her grandmother, ya know, when you two get married?” Fred tucked her brown hair behind her ear.

“Don’t tell her that.” Angel said with a chuckle.

“Don’t tell me what?” Cordy asked, sitting next to Angel.

“Not important.” Lorne said a few moments later, suppressing his giggle.

“You’re getting married?” Spike asked, confused.

Angel and Cordelia explained as they waited for their meals. Spike listened intently his eyes watching the baby the entire time, her cooing and giggles music to his hightened senses. It was like they really were a family, an unconventional family, but a family.

In the silence each made their own pact to themselves.

Spike silently vowed to protect his little Bella, ‘’Til the ends of the earth…’He swore to raise her with an education to demons, so she wouldn’t end up like so many that had fallen in their path… in his own path.

Cordelia and Angel decided to spoil the little girl rotten. Lord knew they had enough money.

Fred simply wished to help Spike care for the little Anna.

Lorne, he wanted to tell her stories about his home-world.

****

A few months later, Cordelia and Angel were well into their second wedding, the one held at The Hyperion for their other worldly friends. Fred was the maid of honor, resplendent dressed in a sky blue slip dress, and her hair set in soft ringlets. Angel, Spike and Lorne in black Armani, looking very stunning.

Cordy stood in front of the full length mirror, fingering the tiara made from white gold and littered with diamonds that rested atop her dark chestnut locks. She was beautiful in the Oleg Cassini strapless that she wore. Her fingers moved to her ears, lightly touching the pearl earrings that rested there, sliding down across her bare collar bone and down the sides of the corset top. The beaded lace skirt fanned out behind her, voluminous as here eyes traveled the rest of the way down the gown. Her chocolate eyes moved to make sure that each curl was in place framing her face as ordered. She adjusted the double layered veil that rested covered her those curls. Satasified, she turned and exited the bridal room Lorne stood outside awaiting her, she’d asked him to give her away the night Spike brought Annabelle to meet the rest of the family.

“Wow, Cor, you- you’re breathtaking.” Lorne said, appreciatively.

“Thank you!” she smiled warmly.

“Are you ready?”

“Of course!” Cordy said, brightly.

Angel and Cordelia didn’t need a second marriage, but they wanted it do it with their friends. As soon as Fred saw Cordy and Lorne, she began her decent down the stairs, moving toward where Angel and Spike stood. When Angel laid his eyes on Cordelia, he was the happiest man alive and couldn’t help thinking that she was the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen. He had been clueless to the second dress. When they’d gotten married in front of her family, Cordy had worn a simple white dress.

“Mate,” Spike said, elbowing Angel. “You got yourself beautiful bride.”

“Thanks!”

Before long, she was standing next to Angel and they were saying their vows a second time, in front of their friends. After a short while they were married… again. The baby began to cry and Spike rushed to where she sat in her swing near her Uncle Clem.

By the time he returned with Annabelle, the little girl dressed in a white cotton dress with satin trim and little white dress shoes, a young girl had entered the hotel unbeknownst to anyone. She was standing off away from the edge of the room, checking out her surrounds, looking unsure.

”Can I help you?” Spike asked, cradling his daughter, gently rocking her to and fro, hoping to send her back into dream land.

The little girl looked up into his blue eyes, instantly feeling safe. “Who am I?”

Angel swung around suddenly, recognizing the voice. His face turned ghost white as he stared at the girl Spike was speaking to.

“Angel what’s wrong?” Cordy asked, at his outburst.

“Katherine.” Angel whispered.

TBC