Author: Askita and Magan
Timeline: Takes place after both Series finalies.
Warnings: Aspects of Religion

Disclaimer: The great and almighty Joss has created what we call the Wheadonverse… we only play in his world. Creating and building to our wicked little hearts desire.
From Askita: Well guys, I hope you like it, there is a lot coming for these two and I hope you will enjoy. I am usually a “Angel = angst” kinda girl, but every once in a while I give in to Magan’s bidding and do some nice things for him. *grins* Enjoy!! (BTW: If you haven’t read my other fics, they are located at http://www.geocities.com/little_one_askita.

From Magan: Thanks to my friend who taped the last few episodes of ‘Angel’, when I didn't have the WB. Otherwise, I wouldn't had the drive to actually write it.

*****

Chapter 2-



Inside the Hyperion, Lorne knocked on the now dry and cozy Fred’s door, tea tray in hand. He knew the poor girl was laying down and as much as he hated to bother her, he knew she didn’t need to be alone right now. “Knock, knock, sweat pea.” Lorne opened the door and peeked inside, entering when he saw her curled up with the blankets, crying. “Pumpkin…”He set the tray on the nightstand and sat on the bed next to her. “Lorne’s got some nice warm tea.”

Fred sat up slowly waiting for him to finish stirring in the sugar, and took the warm cup from him when offered. “T—thank you.” She said shakily.

“You’re welcome, honey bun.” He smiled and checked his watch, wondering where Spike and Angel were, if they were still alive.

“I think their ok, Lorne.” She said mimicking his thoughts. ‘At least she hope they are.’

“I hope you’re right.” He replied, rising to his feet. “I’m just gonna be downstairs waiting for them. I’ll let you know when they get her.”

“No, please stay with me.” Large brown eyes looked up at him puppy dog style. Who was he to resist?

“Ok sugar plum.” Lorne said, sitting in the chair next to the bed. “I’ll stay right here.”

She set the tea cup on the silver tray it originated from and lay back down. “Thank you, Lorne.” She murmured, drifting into an exhausted sleep.

He leaned back in the chair and took a deep breath, his head resting against the chair as green eye lids slid down over red eyes. The inevitable images flashed across his brain, visions of Lindsey, of the blood, of the gun in his own hand, and of the man falling to the floor. His mind replayed the scene at least a dozen times before sleep claimed him.



*****



Angel and Spike, blinked as they reappeared in a bright white room, Cordelia standing near them. The confusion slowly faded away replaced by an acute calm that was quite unsettling considering they had no idea were their chauffeur had taken them.

“Where are we?” Angel wondered aloud.

The room was endless and white. Not a stick of furniture whatsoever. There was only one place that Angel could think of… “You’ll see. He’ll tell you everything.” Cordelia’s voice sounded in his ears from where she stood off to the side.

“Welcome.” Angel’s eyes took in a dark haired man with a beard, he was dressed in a white gown. Blue eyes took in the traditional visage of the Alpha and the Omega, before he turned to look at Angel. After a few moments, they both had the same thought. This man approaching them… was God.

‘No, it couldn’t be,’ Angel though shaking his head.

“William…Liam, welcome.” The man’s voice resonated through their heads and graced over their ears.

Angel cringed at the use of his birth name. He’d rather just be called Angel. That was who he was now. “Names Angel…W- why are we here?” Angel stuttered, and then his voice quieted “I mean this looks a little like heaven.”

“Please forgive me, Angel. And you would be correct…this is heaven.” The man responded helpfully.

“Don’t tell me you’re bloody God,” Spike scoffed.

“William.” The man said sternly, shooting Spike one of those looks you get when you swear in front of your mom. Spike looked away sheepishly; his cheeks would have been bright red if they could. He’d offended God.

“I asked Cordelia to bring you here after the battle.” God began. “You both have done a great many things… William you sought out your soul. That is unheard of and you did all for the love of a woman. Ad not just any woman, a slayer… You also saved the world only a year ago today. I am proud beyond belief two ensouled vampires would take up such a task.” God paused. “The one thing that puzzles me,” The almighty said as he scratched his head in confusion. “Why William, have you waited so long to be with her?”

“I honestly don’t know,” answered Spike truthfully. “I couldn’t just walk back up to her after my grand exit. Besides, I don’t think she wants to see me. She’s with the Immortal now.”

“There’s still time.” The Father replied, implying that he knew something he wasn’t saying. “Don’t ever get up hope, William. She does love you.”

The blonde vampire’s eyes went wide at the King of King’s declaration, and Spike mentally kicked himself for not believing Buffy when she’d told him she loved him. Why hadn’t he gone to her when he had the chance? That had been the question running through his mind. He’d be with her now instead of her being with the Immortal. Now that he knew, really knew how she felt, nothing was going to stop him…nothing at all.

The Prince of Piece focused brown eyes on the darker of the two before him. “Angel, you’ve saved the world on a daily basis. I’m very proud of you. I commend you for taking on such a task… You’ve been striving for something for so long, but I will not give you Shanshu. That is still a long way off. But rest assured, in time, it will happen, but I’m sorry, it can only be one.” God paused for a moment. “For your bravery…” God trailed off, waving his hand. “It is now done.”

“Huh? You wanna run that by me again?” Spike said unsure. “I mean, I’d kinda like to know what God’s getting me into.”

“Spike please.” Angel said through gritted teeth. “He’s just given a gift. We should just accept it graciously.”

“Whatever.” Spike mused.

The Almighty was extremely annoyed and began to wonder if he should just revoke everything. He took several deep breaths to calm Himself down, after all, he had created them this way. He was sure that he’d done the right thing; he just had to make them see it.

“Gentlemen, please. Don’t make me regret giving you these gifts— now with that said, you will have to find out the exact details of your gift for yourself.” He turned to the brunette standing quietly off to the side. “Cordelia, would you please escort these two men back to earth.” God smiled at each of them in turn. “Be happy. Be loved. And be well.” The Father turned to walk away, slowly disappearing as he made his way down the long hallway.

Cordelia stepped next to Angel. “Let’s go.”

“Do you know what he meant?” Angel asked, looking down at her.

She clasped hands with both men. “Yes, but I’m not telling.” She said coyly. “Let’s go.” With that they were again treated to another flash of light before the arrived unscathed in the lobby of the Hyperion. “I do miss this place.” She walked around the main lobby reminiscing of the past, sitting on the round chair in it’s center for a moment. There were so many things she had regretted doing, mainly the thing with Conner. She cringed at the thought, her brow furrowing.

‘Why wasn’t Cordy leaving?’ Angel wondered, he knew she had no place here, she was after all, nothing but an escort. ‘Right?’

Spike had apparently been thinking the same thing. “Don’t you gonna be somewhere?”

“Nope!” Cordy said smiling broadly. “I’m here to stay!”

“What?” Angel asked surprised. “Why don’t you have to leave?”

Tilting her head, Cordy answered. “I get to stay.”

Angel froze for a moment, letting this news sink in. Moments later he was by her side lifting her from the sofa, arms wrapping themselves about her waist, pulling her flush to his body. “For good? Are you serious?”

Snaking her arms around his neck, Cordy said with an arched eye brow, “For my reward, I get to be with you.”

“Reward?” He asked warily, one dark eyebrow arching.

“Does that really matter?”

“Well, no it doesn’t.” he conceded.

“Good!” She leaned in closely and kissed him, delight running through her as he returned the kiss, both unaware that Spike still stood in the lobby.

“Bloody hell, there’s a hundred rooms in this old hotel, go find one.” Spike shook his head as he walked away.

“Oh wait, Spike,” Angel broke the kiss with Cordelia to catch up with his grandchilde.

“What?” Spike asked.

“I meant what I said, go get her.”

“She’s with the Immortal.” Spike grumbled as he settled into a nearby bench. Still, after everything that God had told him, Spike was procrastinating. ‘Why?’ He’d had a good excuse for the first few months. He couldn’t leave LA, but then when he’d been made corporeal, why didn’t he leave then? Why’d he stay and drown his sorrows in a bottle of whiskey? Why not at least call her to let her know he was alive? The answer to those questions was simple: He was afraid she’d turn him away for not coming sooner. His heart had been stomped on too many times by the petite blonde and he was sure this was doomed yet another stomping. He couldn’t handle that again, yet, if he didn’t go, he wasn’t going find out. He knew had to, had to suck it up, be a man and take his licks, no matter what they may be. He just couldn’t muster enough strength to go.

“It really doesn’t matter, Spike. It’s not like she loves him or anything.” Angel sat down across from him. “Look, she loves you, you know that. You love her. That’s what matters. Just go to her. That’s why I gave you that damn ticket.”

As Spike was considering what Angel said, Cordelia walked approached, curious. “Hey, what’s going on?”

“Think about what I said, Spike. If you don’t do this now, you’ll never do it.” Angel looked up at Cordelia. “We’re finished. Spike knows what he’s gotta do.” Angel stood up, slipping his arm around Coredlia’s waist. “Now, you and I are gonna have a little chat, come on.” He pulled her along and up to his old bedroom. His hand was on the knob when he saw Lorne exit Fred’s room down the hall. He was surprised to see his friend and smile spread across his face.

“Angel cakes...” Lorne said, as he got closer. “Cordy? Oh my god it is you! What?? How?” He enveloped her into a hug, he’d missed her so much. “Boy, Fred’s not gonna believe this.” He stepped back, checking Cordelia out. She hadn’t really changed much since they seen her last, in a coma.

“Fred?” Angel asked confused. “How? I thought that…What about Illyria?”

“The way I understand it, the shock of losing Wesley and Gunn brought her back. It’s a miracle, Angel. We sure as hell needed one. And it seems like we’ve got two.” Lorne hugged Cordelia again. “It really is good to see you.”

“It’s good to see you too, Lorne.” Cordelia said. “I’m so sorry about Gunn and Wesley. They were good men.”

“Lorne, I hate to interrupt, but I need a shower and Cordelia and I need to have a chat.” Angel looked pointedly at Cordelia and then looked back at Lorne as he opened the door to his room. He really wasn’t into doing the reunion thing right now. Both of his friends had died and he was partially to blame. It hurt so much that it brought the memories back of losing Doyle back again and he had to find some release. He considered punching a wall or some other immoveable object.

“We’ll talk later.” He ushered Cordelia into his room. “Keep an eye on Fred, will you. I want to know how she’s doing.”

“Oh sure, Angel, I’ll just be downstairs. I’m in dire need of a stiff drink.” He replied.

Lorne headed downstairs, picking up the tension from Angel. His eyes registered on the peroxide blonde heading out the door. “Hey Spike, where ya going?” They had this annoy-befriend relationship that was always under stress, but he still worried about him..

“Doin’ something I should have done a year ago.” Spike headed out the door and to his future.

“Good for you,” Lorne whispered, smiling.

TBC