Author's Chapter Notes:
Can you believe I'm updating!?!
“You liked him? You can’t be serious,” Spike said eyeing Buffy warily. He was wound up tight; there was no doubt about that. He was ready to snap. Mostly because Buffy seemed determined to put herself in the Lion’s Den.

“The poor guy has had to deal with Lindsey. How would you feel?” She asked as they waited for Chief Stuart to get back to them on a plan after chatting with the detectives.

“Buffy—“ Spike started, a slight whine to his voice that he did not care for.

“Stop worrying so much,” she admonished him.

“The fact that you’re not worrying worries me even more. This is suicide, Buffy.”

“It’s not. He’ll talk to me. I know he will. I’ll never be free of him if I don’t do something to get him. Look at me, Spike. I have fucking amnesia—“

“Yes, exactly. And now you’re putting yourself in more danger—what is it gonna take for you to see?”

“My memories,” she said softly. “Which he stole from me.”

“You’re not going to get them back by doing this, Buffy, I’m sorry—“

“I know that. I know I won’t get them back, but I will be able to take my life back.”

Spike ran a hand through his hair and glared at her, “Thanks. So what has all this been? Just passing time until you could stick it to Lindsey?”

She glared back, “No, and you know it. This whole time has been about me getting my life back, but also living in fear of what he’d do. I don’t want to do it anymore Spike.”

“Can’t you be satisfied with knowing what he had planned to do?”

“No,” she said defiantly.

“Buffy—“ there was that whine again.

“Maybe one day when you have your memories taken from you after being with someone that you let hurt you on a daily basis, you’ll understand,” she said heatedly, her body shaking from anger. “From all the things I’ve heard, my life was not a peach thanks to that man. Instead of being in love, I was in hell and I was afraid. If the fear that I feel not remembering is anyindication on what he’s done to me, then you’ll have to excuse me if I want to seize this opportunity with both hands. I want him gone. Behind bars, in jail, gone. I want him to rot and suffer and spend the rest of his life remembering what he’s done.”

Spike opened her mouth to speak when Angel came barreling in the room with Chief Stuart right behind him.

“Buffy, don’t do this,” Angel pleaded with her, his eyes wild with fear.

“Yeah, like I haven’t tried that,” Spike said irritably. “Bloody stubborn chit if you ask me. How that psycho ever managed to get one up on you, I’ll never know!”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at his outburst and he just shot her a pointed glared.

“Buffy, look, you can’t do this,” Angel started on his plea again.

“So Miss Summers, have you changed your mind?” Chief Stuart asked, looking from Angel to Spike grimly.

She shook her head and stood tall and brave. “Nope.”

The chief grinned, “Good. Look boys,” he started, “It’s gonna be all right. She’s gonna have wires on, she’s going to be protected. I’ve got cruisers from the next two towns on this. They’re lined up at every block. Should he get any funny ideas in that brain of his, we’ll be right there.”

“She’s getting in the car with him?” Spike and Angel exploded at the same time.

“It’s got to be believable,” Chief Stuart said by way of explanation. “If she just goes into his cell to have a heart – to – heart, he won’t talk cause he’ll know we’re all here. If she goes outside this building, he’ll talk. He’ll think he’s alone.”

“How the fucking hell do you know that? He’s . . . he’s a fucking demon. He was going to kidnap her. How do you know he’s not going to hurt her the first chance he gets?” Spike roared.

“Because, Mr. Knightly, Mr. McDonald is well aware of the trouble he’s in. He’s not allowed to leave the country, hell, even this damn city. He knows his goose is cooked right now and he’s not going to do anything to jeopardize that. Especially if he believes he’ll have Miss Summers by his side when this is over.”

“Couldn’t have said it better myself,” Buffy said, smiling, actually smiling at the Chief.

Spike bit back a ‘You’ve lost your bloody mind,’ thinking it wouldn’t get him very far.

“Let’s get you wired up Miss Summers. Can you use your brother’s car?”

Buffy looked at Angel.

“Buffy—“ now he was starting to whine.

“I’m doing this, Angel. If you want that bastard locked up, then you’ll help me right now.”

“You’re so lucky I came down,” he grumbled and dug in his pocket and handed her the car keys.

“Angel!” Spike exclaimed, horrified that Angel had just caved like that.

Angel looked at him apologetically, “I know, I don’t want her to do it either, but she’s not going to quit until she does it.”

“Besides, we just would have let her borrow one of our cars,” the chief supplied.

“Buffy,” Spike said, feeling like ponce because he felt dangerously close to tears. “I don’t want to lose you baby. I almost did once and it killed me. I can’t do it again.”

She walked up to him and placed a hand on his cheek. “You won’t lose me. I promise. He won’t do anything to me, Spike.”

“How do you know?” he asked, and his voice cracked slightly.

“For all the reasons Chief Stuart just said. He doesn’t want to risk this. If he thinks he has me, really has me, he’ll not do a thing to jeopardize that. Besides,” she said with a soft smile, “I know if anything should happen, you’ll rescue me. You already have.”

He shook his head and brought her into his arms, holding onto her tightly and burying his face in her neck. “You rescued me. I need you; I love you.”

She stroked his back soothingly, “I love you too. I’ll be fine.”

“After this, you’re moving in with me, you understand? And we’re getting engaged. I don’t care if it’s too soon and all that rot. You get me?” he demanded urgently, making her look at him.

She nodded, “Yes, yes.”

“I mean it. You’re going to be my wife and you’re never going to leave me.”

She shook her head, “Never.”

“Say it, tell me.”

“I love you Spike. Only you and I will move in with you and we’ll get engaged as soon as this is over,” she recited, tears running down her cheeks.

Growling, he kissed her passionately, unaware and uncaring of the others in the room. She ended the kiss and he held her still.

“Let me go now, Spike,” she whispered. “Have faith in me, please. I need you to have faith in me.”

With a shuddering breath, he let her go.

Giving Angel a hug in which he made one last plea to stop her, she walked out with Chief Stuart.

“We’ll let you know when you can come out. We have to make sure he doesn’t see either of you,” Chief Stuart told them.

Quietly, they could hear him ask Buffy, “Are you sure he’s not abusive?” and then the sound of Buffy’s laughter rang through the halls.