Author's Chapter Notes:
*takes deep breath* I'm back again because I need some kind of outlet for everything going on. Me and by wonderful beta Beth who has helped me through all of this and has been my voice of reason were talking and I had just a gush of emotion that was followed by inspiration. And you know what else? Fuck Tyler and fuck Kim. Can't break someone who was already broken right? Sorry, being a sympathy whore again...
the conversation that Buffy and Gunn have in this chapter is based off of a real convo I had with my friend Tony a while back : D. Tony is a total pimp. Well not really but you get what I mean...
******

Ah, the first day of school. What a glorious time.

Sure, Buffy hated school but only the academic part. If she could just go to school for the social and not have to sit through the inconveniences that were her classes, it’d be all good.

Besides, this year was her senior year so she had to live it up. Not that her life ended after high school like for so many such as for the jocks that are only passing because they’re having some little nerd do their homework.

Please, she was the fucking Paris Hilton of this school. She was smart and she knew what she was doing, she just didn’t let it show. If she wanted to get straight A’s, she so could. She could do anything if she wanted to, that was a proven fact.

With a sigh, she turned her attention back to her ‘friends’.

“So then,” Harmony rambled on, “I was like ‘and you're dissing my outfit when you're wearing that? I don’t think so bitch’ and then she turned all red and…”

“Harmony!” Cordy exclaimed shaking her head, “Please. We don’t care. How do you not comprehend that?”

“Because she’s Harmony,” Buffy explained as she walked up to the group of girls by Cordy’s locker, “Need I say more?”

A brief flash of hurt crossed her face before she flipped her hair and said coldly, “Whatever.”

Cordy smiled and laughed, “No, I do think that covers it. It’s the first day back in this hell hole and it isn't about you Harmony. It’s about me and my Buffy.”

Harmony just glared in response.

After a while of standing and talking, well more like bad mouthing people really, Buffy spotted Spike and his friends coming down the hall.

Now she had two options here. She could just let it go and be nice or she could make a big deal of it and claim that he’s stalking her.

Of course, Cordy beat her to the punch by commenting on Willow’s outfit, “Oh do tell us Willow. Where does your mother buy your clothes? That is way chic.”

Buffy forced a giggle and started in, “Cordy, do be nicer. I mean she isn't the freak that stalks me now is she Spike?”

Cordy stood back and raised an eyebrow, “Oh really now?”

“Yup,” Buffy smirked, her inner bitch coming out full force, “It’s fucking creepy really. I just hope you don’t burn down my house like you did that gym…”

Spike clenched his jaw, his hands balling into fist. Would it be that bad if he hit her? Really would it? The bitch deserved it.

“It’s just so sad,” Cordy laughed and turned to Buffy as though Spike wasn’t standing right there, “I mean that he felt the need to stalk you to be with you. He could have just…Oh wait, that’s right. He’s trash and you're class. My bad.”

Buffy gave Spike a nasty smile, “That’s right. You're beneath me.”

Okay yes, that was a little harsh there but when had she ever let that stopped her. Being a bitch was in her job description. She came to school daily to squash other people’s feelings. Why the hell did she feel bad about it this time?!

The warning bell rang and Cordy grabbed her arm, still smirking, “Come on Buffy darling. It’s time we get to class and leave the losers to feel sorry for themselves.”

Buffy forced another laugh and nodded, walking away with Cordy and gang.

She felt horrible about what she’s said and she had no idea why.

Once they were out of sight, Spike let out a roar of frustration and punched the locker, making Xander and Willow take a step back. Everyone left in the hall turned and stared.

Willow touched his shoulder gently, “They’re not nice Spike. Don’t listen to Cordelia or Buffy. What do they know?”

“Yeah,” Xander smiled, trying to lighten the mood, “And instead of setting Buffy’s house on fire, she could set her on fire. Now that would be funny.”

Willow gave him a scolding look and Spike smiled just a little.

It would be rather funny to watch all of that golden hair burn, Spike thought with a little smirk.

Yes, he hated the stupid bitch that much.

“Come on,” Willow said, “Let’s go to class. Can't be late on the first day!”

******

“Hey Gunn,” Buffy smiled at him as she caught up with him in the hall, “I have a request because you are the closest thing to a thug I’ll get around here.”

He stopped to look at her with a raised eyebrow causing her to roll her eyes and explain, “I want to be ghetto fabulous you see.”

Gunn burst out laughing, “Buffy Summers, cheerleader, wants to be ghetto fabulous?”

Buffy pouted, “Yes! Now make me ghetto fabulous!”

“I can't make you ghetto fabulous,” he shook his head, “It would take a miracle.”

She glared at him, “Do it now.”

“Well I’m sure I got some friends who wouldn’t mind tappin’ that ass of yours…” he told her with a smirk, “But be careful Buffy, you know what the say. Once you go black…”

“Don’t even finish that sentence,” she told him, still glaring, “Don’t think I didn’t hear that one dude calling me a cracker ho.”

Gunn laughed, “Okay, give me your best ghetto fabulous impression.”

Buffy bit her lip for a moment before nodding and sticking her hand in her crotch and saying, “Yo, yo, yo, hommie, lemme imitate Nelly.”

He started for a moment before he started to walk away, shaking his head.

“Wait!” Buffy called after him, “How about 50 Cent then!”

He just kept walking.

Buffy laughed and turned back around not watching where she was going only to run into someone.

Willow, Spike’s little freak friend.

“Watch where you're going,” Buffy snapped at her, totally ignoring the fact that she ran into her.

Willow nodded urgently, mumbling her apology as she bent down to pick up her split books.

Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes, taking pity on the redhead. She leaned down and helped her pick up the books, “Just watch where you're going. Next time I won't be so nice.”

She was about to turn around and walk away when she heard, “Why did you say those things to Spike?”

Buffy looked up heavenwards, “Because it’s in my nature. I know he’s not stalking me okay? But really, it was too good to pass up.”

“Yes, but why do you have to be like that?”

Buffy groaned and turned around, “Who are you to be asking me these questions anyways? You're not even a blip on my social radar most of the time!”

Willow couldn’t help but mentally smile. She was avoiding the question.

“Whatever,” Buffy snapped at her, “Like I told you, next time I won't be so nice.”

Buffy watched Willow disappear down the hall. When she was out of sight, she let out the breath she’d been holding. The little geek had gotten way to close.