Author's Chapter Notes:
I have the next chapter already written. Show me how much you want it and review!
For the next two months Buffy and Spike had fallen into a nice routine.

Buffy treated him like shit in school, making nasty comments whenever she got the chance while he glared and sneered and called her names in return. Then at night they would meet up in the cemetery and just talk for hours about everything and anything.

Everything worked out perfectly.

Buffy hated to admit it but the school’s social outcast had become one of her two only true friends.

It was just talking to him was so easy. He never judged her though he had a tendency to snort of scoff and mutter something along the lines of ‘stupid wanker’ when Riley was brought up.

He was holding back though. She could tell he was trying his hardest to keep something a secret. She got a cold feeling that it dealt with all of the rumors about him that were so commonly heard. But then again, so was she. A person could only open up so much so fast. She had no intention of telling him all of her deep dark secrets. Yet.

“Ewww,” Cordy said in disgust as she ran her fingers over a long puke orange and green dress that Harmony was wear, “You can't even pass this off as couture. There is just no excuse.”

“Shut the fuck up Cordy!” Harmony whined at her, “I think it’s pretty.”

Buffy laughed and rolled her eyes, “Yeah, pretty nasty.”

Cordy just happened to me the other of the two real friends.

Harmony of course wasn’t.

“Face it Harm, this dress is horrendously bad. Did daddy dearest like secretly lose his job and you had to go bargain shopping?” asked Cordy as she started to take out one of her curlers.

“You are so vain Cordy,” Buffy laughed.

Cordy turned and gave her a look, “And you aren't. Sometimes I think you're a bigger self-centered bitch than I am.”

Buffy stopped and smiled at Cordy, putting her hand to her heart in a sarcastic gesture, “Oh thank you Cordelia. You don’t know how much that means to me.”

They were both in Buffy’s room getting ready for the homecoming dance. This year’s theme just happened to be Midnight Masquerade.

And to think a week ago they’d been out for each other’s blood during their cut throat homecoming queen campaigns,

Cordy smirked at her, “I do love you bitch.”

“And I love you too whore,” Buffy replied lovingly.

Buffy turned and admired herself and her dress in her vanity mirror.

Her dress was a long flowing iridescent purple silk strapless gown with a gathered back held together by an amethyst butterfly that clung to her body. Her hair was gently curled and resting on her shoulders looking extremely soft. Subtle makeup of mascara, her glitter bronzer that made her skin glow and light, almost clear pink lip-gloss made up her face.

Tonight she was going to take Riley Finn’s breath away.

Over the last two months the balking football player had grown on her just a little. Sure, he wasn’t Mr. Perfect Lets Spend The Rest Of Our Life Together And Have The Perfect 2.5 Kids And Country Club Membership. She seriously doubted she’d even find that Mr. Perfect. Life didn’t work like that. Besides she so wasn’t into the suburban scene. She wanted a little excitement in life. Who wanted to be stuck in the boring forever?

She opened up her jewelry box and went right past all of the expensive jewelry her father brought home to her to pick up a silver fairy charm on a chain.

Her mother had always told her to believe in fairytales. She’d given her this necklace on her 15th birthday. The last birthday she’d ever had with her mother.

Buffy hadn't believed in fairytales since that.

Why should she? Life was one big disappointment. There would never be a Prince charming on his noble fucking steed coming to save her. Like she needed saving. She’d kick the bad guys ass herself.

Cordy pulled out her last curler and grabbed her black and jade green feathered mask to match her dark green silk halter wrap dress that was slit up both sides to mid-thigh and put it on her face, giving Buffy and Harmony a wicked smile, “Ready?”

Harmony ruffled her hair and grabbed her purse going to Cordy’s side.

Buffy stared at herself in the mirror for another second before sliding her mask with multiple colors of purple on and smirked, “Let’s hit it.”

Fuck happy endings. There was no such thing.

******

Willow turned to look at Spike and smiled at him before stating, “You wanted to go tonight.”

Spike’s head snapped around to look at her. He then grumbled, “Did not.”

“Yes you did. You could have gotten Angel to patrol tonight and gone,” she continued, “And I know who you wanted to go with.”

“I do not want to go anywhere with bloody Summers!” he snapped at her.

Willow smirked, “I never said anything about Buffy. Face it Spike. You wanted to go to homecoming with Buffy Summers.”

He glared at her for a second before turning away with out replying.

They walked in silence for a minute before Spike sigh, “I’ve stopped hating the bint for two fucking months and she’s making me want to go to a bloody dance with her!”

“Ooh poor Spikey is having warm fuzzy feelings,” Willow laughed lightly at him.

Of course he ranted on, “I should still hate her you know! She’s an irritating bitch half the time. Ashamed to be seen at school with me she is. Well I don’t want anyone to see me with her either! It would kill my rep. And I hate the way she looks at me with those big green eyes of her and pouts when she can't get her way or the way that she giggles. Bleedin’ annoying!”

“Spike,” Willow said slowly, “You don realize that you like her right?”

“Of course I know I do!” he finished with exaggeration. He went dead silence, his body stiff for a moment before uttering, “Bloody hell.”