Later that evening Angel pulled his car into his parking spot in the lower garage. He had just left the hospital, where he had been checking on Nina. She still hadn't woken up and the doctors told him the longer she was in a coma, the less chance there was she would wake up.
Angel believed that if she were in her wolf state she would be able to heal better, but the next full moon was a good 10 days away. He was hoping Wesley would be able to look into other spells that would cause a werewolf to transform.

Angel exited his car and made his way across the dark garage to the elevators. He hadn't had much luck dealing with Giles and the rest of Buffy's friends, either. They never gave him any more answers on where Buffy was or any more information about the demon they were here to “help” him with. It took several hours of arguing before they had finally come up with a plan that both sides could agree to, as far a setting a trap for it.
And even now, Angel was certain that Giles had other measures in place to make sure he, and the rest of his team, did not have access to the demon after he played the part of bait.
However, Gunn had also arranged a counter plan trying to anticipate their betrayal. Now it would just be a matter of who outwitted whom. The whole thing had Angel exhausted, he just wanted to find this creature and find out why it was hunting him. And hopefully Angel would get the chance to pay it back for what it did to Nina.

Angel approached the well-lit vestibule that contained four elevators that went up to the executive floors. Across the parking lot was another set of elevators for the regular employees to use.

Angel slid his identification card through a slot in the wall, so he could access the elevators. As he watched the lights above the elevator descend, lost in his thoughts, he never seemed to notice the dark shape slinking up in the shadows behind him.




She watched her prey carefully from the darkness behind the cars. Her eyes took on an evil glow as she plotted his demise.


This was personal.

This was the vampire that had been responsible for much of the pain her human side had suffered. This unworthy creature had seduced and despoiled her humanity, and she wanted to make him pay for the anguish he caused.

The dinging that signaled the arrival of the elevator had her tensing in preparation to attack. When the doors slid open she leapt through the air towards her prey.
She was planning on knocking him into the elevator when it got here, there would be no place for him to run and she could take her time and play with this kill.


She was already in the air, when she realized that all four, elevator doors opened at once; too late the creature sensed the signatures of Slayers. She cut her leap short, so instead of landing on top of the vampire, she landed in front of Angel, who was just turning to face her.

She kept her head bowed, looking up and around through a curtain of matted hair. She could see and sense the Slayers surrounding her in a circle, in the vestibule, and there were other familiar life forms behind them. She sensed the power of the witch, but knew her magical powers were useless against her. She could also smell the Watcher and the one-eyed human.

Then the creature sensed something else, farther away. Someone she knew, one that shouldn't be there.
She extended her senses outwards trying to find the source.

"Who are you? Why do you want me dead?" Angel's demanding voice brought her attention back on the situation in front of her.

She let out a growl of rage; while she couldn’t understand the words he spoke she could understand his tone clearly.
How dare this foul creature challenge her like that!! This vampire that thought he was so far above the rest of his kind, but in reality was among the lowest of them.
She sized up the girls surrounding her, while she didn't want to harm the, she wouldn't let them get in her way either. She knew she needed to incapacitate them so she could concentrate on the vampire.

She threw back her head and leapt straight up into the air.

"BUFFY!!" Angel gasped. When she lifted her head as she jumped Angel could see her eyes were glowing gold and she had grown fangs, similar to that of a vampire, but what he sensed was in no way a vamp. Her hair was so dirty and matted it looked dark brown almost matching her dirt encrusted skin. What had once been clothing was now filthy rags that hung in tatters from her body.

The Slayers moved in quickly to try and grab her, but they were no match for her speed. Buffy grabbed a hold of a metal bar that ran along the ceiling and used that to propel her forward. She flipped through the air, over Angel's head; landing now crouched on the other side of him. She grabbed two of the Slayers and threw them into each other knocking them both to the ground. Then she immediately followed up with a roundhouse kick, taking down another Slayer. The last one in front of her she simply punched, it was enough to send the girl flying out of the vestibule.

And that quickly, the Slayer's were reduced by half.

Then she turned back to Angel, there were only three Slayers left with the two humans and the witch and she knew they were no threat to her.

"Uh guys, you better get in here." Angel said to his sleeve. Buffy tilted her head to the side, she could feel others approaching.

That familiar feeling again. The one who was gone now.
She shook off the feeling assuming it must be some sort of trick the witch thought up to distract her from her mission.

She could sense more humans approaching now. She didn’t need to turn around to see them surround the vestibule. They were wearing bulletproof vests and toting weapons with them. Buffy growled in frustration, knowing she was trapped.
Not that it would make a difference. This would make it more difficult, she would have to fight her way out, but nothing was going to stop her from taking this vampire down.

Angel must have read her intentions in her eyes, because, like the true coward he was, he started backing away from her, towards the remaining Slayers.

She shifted her weight feeling the stake she had hidden in the remains of the cloth on her. She prepared herself to attack, determined to destroy the vile thing had betrayed her and her calling, even if it meant her death.
Capture would not be an option.




Spike had been with Wesley, Gunn and Illyria waiting impatiently for Angel's signal before rushing in with the reinforcements. They had told the Scoobies that they were going to let them handle this, and whether they were trusting fools or they also had another plan up their sleeve, they appeared to believe them.

So they had assembled at the entrance to the garage after Angel had pulled in.

After only a few moments Spike was struck with a feeling inside him. It was a feeling he recognized immediately.

Buffy.

She was here; he could feel her, sense her.

"The creature has returned." Illyria informed them, but Spike's mind was on Buffy. When did she get here? Did she bring that ponce, the Immortal, with her? Where was she that Willow and the others had to cover for her?

He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice Illyria staring at him. "Your emotions are scattered and apprehensive. You are fidgeting like you are infected with parasitic insects." She told him.
Spike's only answer was to shoot her a glare, but he tried to focus more on the situation at hand.

Through a listening device they heard the elevators arrive and Angel confront the demon that was hunting him. They waited for him to give the code so they could go in and take possession of the creature from the Scoobies.
Spike heard Angel say Buffy's name, then came the sounds of a fight.

Spike assumed that must have been the Scoobies ace in the hole; send Buffy in to take care of the demon, knowing that neither vampire would argue with her. However, it sounded as though the demon had decided it didn’t want back down from a fight with the Slayers like they had told them it would. Spike couldn't help himself; he started moving
in, wanting to see the sight of his Slayer as she saved Angel's skin from this formidable foe.

When Angel's call finally came, Spike was already almost to the vestibule. Illyria kept pace with him in the front while Gunn and Wesley brought up the rear, with Wolfram & Hart’s security behind them.
Once they arrived, Spike stood facing Angel; the creature was crouched on the ground in front of him.

Spike was confused when he scanned the Slayers still standing and the ones on the ground and saw no sign of Buffy. He knew she was here he could feel her stronger than ever.
Then the creature growled and somehow Spike knew. The creature before him was Buffy.

He could feel her still, it was his Slayer, but now she was like concentrated Slayer. Her essence was as strong as the blood he knew ran through her veins. Spike had never encountered a Slayer with this kind of power before, but he now understood why Angel thought she felt so familiar and yet different. He had never made a point to devote any time to studying the creatures that were created to hunt them, not like Spike had.

Spike saw her shift slightly and knew he had to do something; she was planning on attacking Angel even though she was surrounded. He knew that if she ever came back to herself she wouldn't be able to live with the guilt if she killed Angel.

Just before she launched herself at Angel, Spike let out a growl and jumped into the vestibule.

Buffy spun around as she sensed his presence.

Everything and everyone seemed to freeze at that moment.

Spike stood in front of her, his eyes drinking her in. She was filthy and obviously feral, but to him she was the most beautiful thing in the world. He couldn't help the grin that came to his face as a feeling of pride swept over him. She truly was magnificent, now if only she could get her powers under control and let her human side back out.


Buffy tilted her head from side to side.

She recognized this vampire. She KNEW him.

But that wasn't possible. She knew he was gone.

Yet, he still felt like the vampire she knew. The one who fought by her side. Her equal. She sniffed the air, and was amazed to discover that he even smelled like the one she knew. As she stared at him, all thoughts of Angelus and her revenge were forgotten. She let out a low growl, a warning, she was uncertain what was going on now and that put her on edge.

Spike didn't move, didn't say anything. He could tell she recognized him, but at the same time she seemed uncertain. When she growled he instinctively understood she believed him to be some sort of trick.

Spike gave her a cocky grin and slipped into game face. "Come on now Slayer, why would you want to play with grandpa? He's no fun. How about a real dance?" He purred at her, as he bounced on the balls of his feet in excitement.
Then he moved quickly, directing a spin kick towards her. She matched his movements easily and deflected his kick. She tried to retaliate with a punch to his face but he caught her wrist. For a few seconds they stood toe to toe looking at each other.

"I've missed you pet." Spike whispered to her. He saw her eyes flicker, for a fraction of a second they lost their glow and he could see her hazel color underneath.

Unfortunately, just then one of the Slayers who had previously been unconscious on the ground below them regained consciousness and tried to attack Buffy with a hypodermic needle that contained a strong sedative.
Buffy sensed her movements, however, and her eyes regained their luminescent glow
as she kicked the needle out of the girl's hand.

It made the other Slayers move into action and they all began to attack en masse. Buffy wrenched herself free from Spike's grasp and turned to face her attackers.

Spike glanced back towards Illyria and saw the Wolfram and Hart security officers with their weapons raised. Spike knew they were only tranquilizer darts, but he realized that he couldn't let either the Watcher's Council or Wolfram and Hart get a hold of her. He knew that neither team would be able to help her and both would probably just use her for their own agenda and Spike wasn't about to let that happen to her.

No one was going to use his Slayer as their tool anymore.

Seeing that they were about to fire, Spike grabbed Buffy roughly and threw her against the elevator doors, before leaping out of the way himself. He heard the darts flying through the air; two of them struck two of the Slayers.
Another one hit Giles, who collapsed onto Angel, and they both tumbled to the ground.

Buffy stared at Spike in shock. First the trap; the Slayers and these humans, then the appearance of this vampire who should be ashes. She knew it was time to fall back and regroup. She gathered all of her energy and launched herself straight at the gunmen, who were trying to quickly reload. She knocked the guns out of the hand of the humans as she moved quickly through them, escape being her only concern at this point.

She slipped past Illyria, sensing the power coming off of the Old One, before she could reach her.

Once clear of the would-be attackers she sprinted at full speed towards the entrance of the garage.

Spike had watched, in fear and fascination as Buffy glided through the security team. She even managed to dodge Illyria who had moved towards her at an accelerated speed. Buffy seemed to sense where she was going to cut her off and moved to avoid the blue demon.

Once she was out of their reach she began racing forward and that's when Spike moved, he wasn't about to let her get away. He raced after her, moving at a speed he didn't even realize he was capable.
He heard Angel yelling for him to stop as he struggled to get up from underneath Giles’ dead weight. But Spike wasn't about to listen to Peaches when it came to Buffy.
Not anymore.

Spike ran back to the entrance they had come in at and stopped for a moment to get his bearings, even though she had already gotten a head start on him, he could still sense her out there. He concentrated on that and her scent in the air, before chasing off after her into the night. Behind him Angels voice was now bellowing behind him, sending everyone else after them and calling his name.

Spike didn’t pay any attention; the only thing on his mind was to get to Buffy.
He would chase her until his legs gave out from under him; he wasn't going to lose her again.