Summary: AU. Buffy has been living in New York for 5 years. What happens when her past comes back to haunt her? What secrets will be uncovered?
Disclaimer: I own nothing, I just borrowed them. Joss, ME and FOX own them.
Rating: NC17 baby!
A/N: Thanks to the wonderful Kirsty for being a super Beta!



“See you tomorrow Buffy.” Anya shouted to the retreating blonde.

“Bye Anya.” Buffy unlocked her car then climbed in. She had been working for Anya for 5 years now. Anya was one of the best lawyers in New York. Buffy was her secretary, well she was more than that! More like her personal assistant. Anya was also her best friend and had been ever since Buffy moved to NY.

As Buffy drove home her thoughts drifted to Sunnydale and the life she’d left behind, or more specifically the love of her life.

It had been 5 years since she’d packed her bags and left. Her friends, her fiancé and her soul mate. She spoke to her mom once a month and wrote letters and sent pictures. She never returned and she didn’t plan too.

Buffy arrived at her small town house. She kicked off her shoes as soon as she walked through the door. She switched on her computer then went to feed the cat.

As she made some coffee she heard the electronic voice telling her she had company.

She sat in the chair to see who it was, her heart beat furiously and she wondered what to do. She had remembered the address and added it to her buddies list to see if the person ever came on the same time she did. This was the first time.

She got scared when she saw a message window pop up.

WillowRosenberg@hotmail.com has sent you an instant message.
Do you wish to accept?

Her cursor hovered over the decline link then she decided to push accept.

Willow says:
Hey! I noticed you added me to your buddies list and I was just wondering who you were?

Well what do you say to that?

PrincessB says:
Hi, umm not sure where to begin.

Willow says:
Do I know you?

PrincessB says:
Yeah, you do.

Willow says:
What’s your name?

PrincessB says:
I’m not sure I’m ready to tell you that.

Willow says:
You’re not like a rapist or a killer are you?

PrincessB says:
Oh god no! I’m perfectly normal. Well as normal as I can be but seeing as I haven’t told you who I am yet you probably think I’m crazy. And I’m babbling.

Willow says:
Lol! That’s ok, I babble too, more so than that. Could you maybe give me a few clues as to who you are?

PrincessB says:
Well, I used to live in Sunnydale. And we used to attend Sunnydale high together.

Willow says:
Thanks that helped a lot. Sarcasm.

PrincessB says:
Sorry but any more and it would give it away. I’m not ready for you to know who I am yet.

Willow says:
So if you went to SH, then do you know the group I was friends with?

PrincessB says:
Yes, I do

Willow says:
Did you used to go out with one of the guys? Xander? Oz? Spike?

Willow says:
By your silence do I take that as a yes?

PrincessB says:
Sorry.

Willow says:
That’s ok. Can you at least tell me the last thing you said to me? I remember weird things like that.

PrincessB says:
I’m sorry Will.

Willow says:
That’s ok, but for what?

PrincessB says:
That was the last thing I said to you.

Willow says:
Ok, it’s safe to say I have no idea who you are.

PrincessB says:
That’s ok. I didn’t expect you to remember me.

Willow says:
Can you tell me what you were sorry for?

PrincessB says:
For the things I said to you, the way I treated you, for lying to you.

Willow says:
Nope, it’s still not coming to me.

PrincessB says:
Well it has been 5 years.

Willow says:
Wait a minute, 5 years? Oh my god! No it can’t be you!

PrincessB says:
Who?

Willow says:
Buffy?

PrincessB says:
Out of all the things I said you pick up on that! Hey Wills.

Willow says:
Oh my god! I can’t believe it’s you! It’s been so long.

PrincessB says:
Yeah, I know. I’m sorry I didn’t get in contact with you sooner.

Willow says:
That’s ok, I understand. So, where are you?

PrincessB says:
I’m in New York.

Willow says:
God, that’s so far away. Are you ever coming back to SD?

PrincessB says:
I don’t think so, no. I have a new life now and I’m needed here.

Willow says:
We miss you.

PrincessB says:
And I miss you too. I have to go now.

Willow says:
Ok, but can we talk again?

PrincessB says:
Sure, but please don’t tell anyone you spoke to me. I don’t want them to know.

Willow says:
Not even Spike?

PrincessB says:
Especially not Spike.

Willow says:
He’s missed you so much!

PrincessB says:
And I miss him, but that’s not the point.

Willow says:
Can you tell me what happened between you two?

PrincessB says:
You don’t know?

Willow says:
No, he wouldn’t tell us. He said it was his fault that you left.

PrincessB says:
He was one of the reasons but it was my decision. I had to do it.

Willow says:
Ok, I understand. Can I ever see you again?

PrincessB says:
I don’t know. I have so much going on here at the moment.

Willow says:
Ok, well I’ll let you go then. And don’t worry I won’t say anything.

PrincessB says:
Thanks Will, bye!

Willow says:
thebigbad@hotmail.com if you ever decide to contact him.

PrincessB says:
Thanks, bye.

PrincessB has signed off.

Buffy sat there looking at the screen. She had his email address. The first bit of info she had. Was it time to tell him?

She looked at the clock and saw it was just after 11. She had completely missed dinner and needed to go to bed. She switched off the computer and climbed upstairs.

Her bedroom was decorated in a light blue. In the middle of the room, against the far wall was her bed. A four poster, with mesh nets in the same blue as the walls.

She stripped off her clothes then got into bed. She was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.


Buffy was sitting in her office typing up a prenuptial agreement that Anya was supposed to do, when the ringing off the phone stopped her.

“Anya Jenkins office, Elizabeth speaking.”

“Miss Summers?”

“Yes this is she.”

“It’s Dr. Miller here.”

“What’s happened? Did it work?”

“I’m sorry Miss Summers, but no, it wasn’t a match.”

“Right, well thank you for trying.”

“Might I suggest you contact the father? There’s no doubt that he would match.”

“It looks like I might have to. Thank you Dr. Miller.”

“Good day Miss Summers.”

Buffy replaced the phone and let the tears finally fall. This had been going on for 6 months now. Maybe it was time to contact Will’s father. The only thing was, how do you ask someone, who you haven’t spoken to in 5 years, to take a test to see if your bone marrow matches your son’s? You just don’t do that! But it looked like Buffy was gonna have to, cause time was running out.


As soon as Buffy turned on her computer she saw that Willow was online. Just as she was opening up her email, a message window popped up.

Willow says:
Hey Buffy, how’s it going?

PrincessB says:
Not good, I just got some bad news.

Willow says:
I’m sorry. Do you wanna talk about it?

PrincessB says:
It would be nice, yeah.

Willow says:
How about if you call me?

PrincessB says:
I don’t know Wills.

Willow says:
Buffy, do you remember what my resolve face looks like?

PrincessB says:
Umm, would you believe me if I said no?

Willow says:
Buffy I have my resolve face on!

PrincessB says:
Fine, give me your number.

After getting the number, Buffy hesitated to call. Did she really want to talk to Willow after all this time? The answer was simple, yes she did.

After dialling, Buffy waited anxiously for someone to answer.

“Xander Harris, man-whore, speaking. Would you like a list of my services?” Oh my god! What was Xander doing answering the phone? Buffy thought to herself.

“Xander, give me the damn phone!” Willow shouted.

“Calm down Will’s, just let me see who the caller is.” Xander replied.

Well, Buffy thought, what do I do now?

“Hey Xander” Buffy said hesitantly.

“Who is… oh my god! Buffy?” Xander asked, shocked.

“Yeah, it’s me. How you been?”

“Well, it’s been nearly six years, Buffy. It’ll take a long time to catch you up.” The sarcasm was evident in his voice. After that was said Willow snatched the phone off him, while shooting him a scathing look.

“Ignore him, Buffy, he’s just upset.” Willow said trying to calm the sniffling blonde.

“Well he has every right to be. I just left without a word. I would’ve stayed if I could but I just couldn’t.” Buffy cried into the phone.

“It’s ok, I’m sure you had a good reason for it. Now do you wanna talk about what happened with you today?” Willow poured herself a glass of wine then walked into the living room closing the door behind her.

“I don’t know if I can. It’s hard doing it over the phone.” Buffy replied trying to control her tears.

“Do you wanna met up somewhere?” Willow asked.

“I don’t know. I can’t leave here. I have too many things to do.” Buffy answered.

“Well that’s ok. If you want I could fly out there. The company I work for has its own plane, because we have to travel quite a lot. So I could come in a couple days as there’s a trip scheduled for NY. And I think I’m on it. Or I will be on it. So, we could meet up?” Willow crossed her fingers hoping Buffy would agree. Willow had missed her so much.

“If you have to come out here, then I think that would be okay.” Buffy was surprised by how excited she was. She didn’t realize just how much she’d missed Willow. Maybe they could re-build their friendship.

After Buffy gave Willow her number, with instructions to call with the flight details they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Buffy went to bed slightly happier than she had been.


After three days of waiting the day was finally here. Willow’s plane would be landing in 20 minutes. Buffy was a mixture of emotions. She was excited to see Willow, but also nervous.

Buffy walked over to Starbucks to get a cup of tea that usually calmed her down. After paying for it she sat down to wait. Her eyes kept flicking to the clock, counting down the time till Willow’s plane arrived. When she finished her drink, she got up to put it in the rubbish. As she turned to go back to her seat, she noticed a red headed woman heading her way. The smile on her face was a dead give away as to who it was.

The moment Willow saw Buffy she couldn’t stop the smile from forming. The two friends rushed forward and enveloped each other in a hug. Tears formed in both their eyes and fell down cheeks.

“Oh god, I’ve missed you so much.” Buffy whispered.

“Me too. I can’t believe it’s been so long.” Willow replied.


After leaving the airport, Buffy drove them to her house. Once Willow was settled into the guest bedroom they sat in the living room with a glass of wine each.

“Ok, so you wanna tell me why you were upset the other day?” Willow asked. She watched the blonde closely as a look of pure sadness washed over her face.

“First of all, I think it’s finally time I told you why I left.” Buffy made sure both glasses were full then sat down on the sofa next to Willow.

“Oh thank god! It’s been driving me crazy trying to figure out what went wrong!” Willow said with a sigh of relief

“Ok, a couple of months after Riley and I got engaged, we went away for the weekend. College was really getting to me and I needed a break. We went to Sunnydale Inn. Well the first night was amazing. We had such a good time. I just let Riley sweep me away. The next day we went for a walk through the woods. After about two hours we decided to go back. When we got back to the hotel we sat in the bar for a bit, after a while Riley went to bathroom. As soon as he left this guy came and sat in his seat. We were chatting for a bit and the next thing I knew the guy put his hand on my leg. I didn’t really pay attention to it. Until, Riley came back. He punched the guy a few times before the manager came over and pulled him off. The next thing I knew Riley was dragging me up to our room, while calling me all kinda names. When we got inside he pushed me on the bed. He hit me, twice. Then tried to force himself on me. While he was unbuttoning his pants I kicked him in the balls. I didn’t know what else to do. I was so scared. I ran down to the lobby and phoned Spike and asked him to come and get and me. When he got there I was a wreck. I couldn’t stop crying. We went back to his place where I cried myself to sleep. The next day I woke up in Spike’s arms feeling so happy and contented I forgot everything that happened with Riley. Well one thing led to another and we ended up making love. God, I remember everything about it. The way he touched me, kissed me, everything. It was so wonderful. I realized something after it happened. I loved Spike. With all that I was.” Buffy gulped down her wine then sat the glass back on the table. She looked over at Willow and saw the shock on her face.

“Wow! Well…… That’s just……Is there more?” Buffy nodded in reply and Willow made a gesture for the blonde to continue.

“After it happened we never talked about it. Spike acted like it never happened. It crushed me that he so obviously didn’t feel the same. After two months of his indifference I’d had enough and decided to go and see him. I found him at the Bronze playing pool with Riley. Well I flipped. I went over and started hitting both of them. I could see the confusion in his eyes and I remembered I never told him what happened. So I just hit Riley instead. He was laughing the whole time. Spike was so pissed off. He didn’t have a clue what was going on. Somehow we got outside. Riley started saying how it was my fault and if I wasn’t flirting with the guy nothing would have happened. Spike asked what happened and I told him. You could see the rage on his face. The next thing I know, Spike’s kicking the shit out of Riley and I did nothing but watch. Even when I saw blood I just stood there. When Spike had had enough he looked at me. He told me he was sorry then he carried me home. I wouldn’t let him leave. I threw myself at him in anyway I could think off. He worshipped me that night. It was the best night of my life. I haven’t been with anyone since.” Buffy could feel the tears collecting in her eyes.

“So that’s why Riley left and joined the Military?” When Buffy nodded Willow continued. “So why did you leave?”

“Well after that night with Spike I was on cloud nine. I kept thinking of how well we fit. He was my soul mate Will! I felt like my heart would burst. I needed to tell him but he had to make the first move. He didn’t. Instead he went out with Drusilla. After 3 months I couldn’t take it anymore. Seeing him and not being able to have him was destroying me. I was constantly eating junk food. It got to the point where my mom was so worried she took me to the doctors. They did some tests and then found the reason behind it. I was pregnant. I couldn’t stay after that. So after we got home I packed my bags and went to the airport. I got the first plane leaving Sunnydale and ended up here.” Buffy could tell Willow was dying to know what happened next, however the ringing of her cell phone prevented Buffy from answering.

“Willow Rosenberg…… Hi…… Yeah…… I got the New York case……So you’re coming here?!…… Is it that bad?…… Yeah I suppose…… Umm I’m not staying in a hotel……With a friend…… Is it any of your business?…… No I’m sorry, look call me when your flight gets in and we’ll talk then…… Ok then, Bye.” Willow put the phone on the table then looked at Buffy. “Continue.”

“After settling here I met Anya. She’s a lawyer and we became friends. She let me stay with her until I could find a job and then somewhere to live. She finally got the ok to start her own business and asked if I wanted to be her secretary. I did and I still work there now. It was hard at first being in a new place with no one I knew and being pregnant but I managed. After six and half months I had a little boy. There was no question as to who his father was. Just looking into his eyes you could tell. Well the first three years were great. I had saved enough money to put in a bid for this place and I got it. Well one day my boy was so sick I took him to the hospital. They ran so many tests. It was horrible, putting a 3 year old through that. After a week they got all the results back. He had Leukaemia and needed a bone marrow transplant. I wasn’t a match. I didn’t know what to do. The hospital had some people who they tried and they still couldn’t find a match.” Buffy stopped and cried three years worth of tears.

Willow watched her friend crumble before her eyes and made an instant decision. She jumped up and wrapped her arms around the blonde. They held on tightly to each other until Buffy’s tears stopped.

“Do you still wanna talk about it?” Willow asked quietly. Buffy nodded her head and wiped her eyes.

“They still haven’t found a donor that’s a match. When I last spoke to you they had phoned and said the last one was a bust. They told me I need to contact his father now as he’s the only person they can think of as being a match. But I just don’t know how to do it. How do you contact someone and ask them to fly to NY to see if they can help save my baby? I can’t do it! But I know I have too.” Buffy smiled sadly at Willow.

“Who’s the father?” Willow couldn’t hold back. She had to know.

“Spike.” Buffy couldn’t meet Willow’s eyes. “You have to understand why I never told him about the baby. He didn’t love me. He was enjoying his life. I was 20 years old and he was 21. Why would he wanna be stranded with me and a baby? The last I heard he was engaged to Drusilla and that’s when I gave up hope.” Buffy grabbed another tissue and wiped her eyes.

Willow was about to reply but once again the ringing of her phone stopped her.

“Willow Rosenberg…… Now? …… But we don’t start till tomorrow…… Why does he want us both here? …… Serious? …… How do you know?…… Oh god, well I can’t do it.…… Ok well I’ll see you in about six hours.” Willow put down the phone then gave Buffy a sheepish grin. She then said 5 words that would change Buffy’s life forever.
“Spike’s coming to New York.”


TBC

Please review if you like it and want me to continue. I love getting reviews!