Words: 2,364
Chapter 11
School’s Hard and Three’s Confusion
Spike woke later that day, close to sunset, and rolled over to stare at Drusilla. With a sigh he drew the covers back and got out of the bed, pulling his clothes off he headed for another shower, not wanting Dru to be all over him the next time he saw the slayer.

With a frustrated growl Spike slammed the bathroom door and stepped under the spray. He couldn’t decide who he wanted more. His beloved dark princess, his salvation and lover for 100 years, or the tiny slip of a girl, the slayer no less, who had his wires crossed and his senses going 2 to the dozen. The dark beauty who made his demon scream and obey or the golden goddess who called to the man inside of him, begging him to be better, to be worthy for her.

He grabbed the bar of soap and dragged it along his skin, rubbing it raw in his anger. He didn’t hear Drusilla waking or hear her step into the room after him. She dropped her dress and stepped out of it slowly climbing into the shower behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waste and he fought the urge to step away from her cold skin.

“Dru, pet, what are you doing?”

“Miss my boy, we did.” He rolled his eyes and continued to wash himself as well as he could with her clinging to him. That doll really got on his nerves at times.

“Step back, pet.” He ordered, and as she did he moved back after her, directing them under the spray of the nozzle. Watching to suds run down his body he ran a hand through his mused curls and grabbed the bar of soap and began to wash Dru. Rising her off moments later he grabbed a towel off the rack and tied it loosely around his waist. He grabbed another and draped it across her before he lifted her up and stepped out of the bath, carrying her back into the other room and depositing her on the bed.

He pulled a clean dress out of their wardrobe and helped her into it, the black velvet clinging tightly to her still wet curves. He dragged his towel over his body quickly and yanked a pair of black Levis over his lean hips. Tugging a black t- over his head he smiled at Dru and held his hand out for her to take.

“Come on, luv, let’s go make nice.”

XXX

Two hours to sunset, and Buffy was still holed up in the school library researching St. Vigeous, a research party she managed to escape from the first time around.

“Come on Giles I know the deal! And it’s not like Spike’s going to actually kill me!” She whined loudly.

“Buffy, he is still a vampire, you are a slayer. He will have to go through with some form of plan.” Giles ripped the glasses from his face and began to furiously rub them as Buffy began to pout.

“At least I’m not on Parent-Teacher duty.” She finished with a triumphant grin, which soon faded away to a desperate plea, mouth hanging open in shock.

“Miss Summers, just the delinquent I was hoping to see!” Principal Snyder announced, no care that she had been comatose for the past 3 ½ months. “Thursday is Parent-Teacher night; you will be decorating the lounge, preparing the refreshments, with no help from your… friends.” He finished giving Giles a once over, and a glare. He turned with a smug grin and walked out of the library leaving Buffy staring at his retreating form stunned.

“You were saying?” Giles asked with a small laugh.

“At least he didn’t use the same speech.” She looked up at Giles then stamped her foot. “Urg!” Before turning and marching back to the table, plopping down into one of the chairs, she grabbed the closest book and began to violently turn the pages.

XXX

The weekend went by without much news worthy occurrences, a few fledglings here and there as well as a demon or two. Joyce and Buffy acted like their conversation had never happened when Buffy came home that night, and the slayer took great pains to hide her bite mark.

The next week was spent catching up at school, only having missed two weeks worth it was easy enough to copy Willow’s notes. The rest of the school time was spent painting banners with a huge sense of déjà vu. Only without covering for Sheila this time.

Not once in the entire week did she see Spike again. She felt him a few times on patrol, but when ever she called out to him he seemed to vanish, leaving her standing there alone close to tears. She had believed he was close to falling in love with her, maybe he already did just a little, but with the pains he was taking to avoid her she wasn’t so sure. He was either trying to let her down gently without a confrontation because he chose Du or was planning to kill her Saturday. Either option wasn’t too appealing.

Soon enough, Thursday rolled around, and Xander made the same mistake in this reality as in the other. And of course, something did go wrong. Cue the vampires smashing through the window.

Spike in the forefront leading an army of vampire minions to kill the people at her school and her. He gave her a grin and leered at her for a moment, before speaking.

“What can I say, I couldn’t wait?” His eyes rake her up and down and he smiled at her again, but she just looked away leaving him confused and hurt. He had no idea what he’d done to upset her.

As Spike moved forward Buffy grabbed a chair and flung it at him, once again overwhelmed by the déjà vu-ness of this whole event.

“Nobody gets out. Especially the girl.” Spike called to the minions, mostly for show as he walked leisurely after Buffy. She wouldn’t run from him, she must have known it was all a set up right?

“Bollocks!” He cursed as he thought about it, it made sense, the way she wouldn’t look at him, the way she ran away!

XXX

As Buffy rounded the corner moments later Spike grinned at her.

“Fe, fi, fo fum. I smell the blood of a nice, ripe girl.” He sing-songed at her then he dropped the metal bar on the floor as he walked towards her. He looked around to check for minions and seeing the coast was clear grinned again.

“Hey, pet. Is this enough to convince The Annoying One that I’m on his side still?” He asked cheerily bouncing on the spot in happiness.

Eyeing him suspiciously, Buffy frowned. “What’s your angle Spike?”

“What? Buffy, I--” He started to protest but her hand cut him off.

“Just don’t Spike. I don’t want to know, really, I can’t know, please…”

“I have no bleeding idea what you’re prattling on about slayer.” He growled at her, moving closer to wrap his hands around her forearms.

She flinched away from him. “So kill me already?” She tilted her head to the side, unconsciously revealing her bite mark.

Growling Spike threw her away from him. “What the hell is that?” He hissed.

A hand flew to her neck, the other behind her propping her up. “I got bit, I staked him, the end.”

“Who?” He hissed again.

“I staked him, it doesn’t matter.” She protested her head held high.

“I want to know who bit what’s mine.” He said possessively.

“I’m not yours! You chose Dru!” She cried at him, tears beginning to pool behind her eye lids again. Blinking them away she jumped up from the floor and got ready to fight him.

“What? Pet, I couldn’t see you because Drusilla would suspect something. I have to keep the Anointed One’s trust. Buffy, I’m sorry. I thought you’d know.” He told her apologetically, hand reaching out to grasp hers.

She tugged her hand away from his and cradled it to her breast. “How would I know? I haven’t seen you in a week! I was waiting for you Saturday.” She sniffled and looked at the floor.

“Dru had an episode I couldn’t leave her.” He tried to reach for her again only for her to draw back once more.

“Please, it would have taken five minutes to say “sorry can’t make it, got a loony tune to care for’.” She snarked at him.

“That’s not fair!” He shouted. “You told me to go to her!”

“And you told me I’d see you again soon!” She screamed back. “Some time when you weren’t trying to kill me.” She whispered the tears freely flowing down her cheeks now. It seemed all she did since she’d gotten here was cry.

‘Some Heaven this is turning out to be!’ She thought bitterly, wishing her Spike would show up soon and make things better.

Rushing over to her at the site of her tears Spike wrapped his arms around her and cradled her to him. Murmuring comforting words into her hair. He began to purr as she just sobbed louder, his hands rubbing up and down her back trying to sooth her.

Unknown to them Drake, a minion loyal to The Anointed One, stood peering from around the corner. With a snarl he looked away as Spikes lips crashed against those of the slayer. No matter how unbelievably hot the good guy was, she was still the good guy! He ran back to the factory to inform Colin of Spikes disloyalties.

XXX

Joyce had been scolding Buffy and sending her home when the vampires attacked, even though she had been told about them it didn’t make it any less terrifying. And what was worse was that, when the leader spoke the familiar sound of Buffy’s sort of boyfriend drifted across the room petrifying her. She cast a quick glance around the room taking in all the panicking people she looked at her daughter. The shattered look on her face as the vampire spoke to her wrenched Joyce’s heart out of her chest.

“Everybody, this way! Come on, come on!” The slayer called waving her arms in the direction opposite to where the vampires where standing.

Watching the leaders face as Buffy ran from him, Joyce swore she saw a look of hurt flood his features followed by confusion.

Now though, seeing him with his arms wrapped around her daughter after coming there to kill her, and hearing Buffy’s sob Joyce was overwhelmed with panic. She quietly picked the axe off the floor where Buffy dropped it and smashed it around Spikes head.

“Get the hell away from my daughter.” She shouted, as Spike fell to the floor clutching his head in pain.

“Women!” He growled as Buffy gasped and dropped down beside him.

“Spike, are you ok?” Nodding he was fine, they both stood and he pressed a hard kiss to her lips, smiling his apologies to her mother he leaned close to her ear and then ran for the window and dived out through the broken glass.

“See you tomorrow, pet, I promise.”

“Buffy?” Buffy smiled and shook her head, taking her mothers hand in hers she started to lead her out of the school, smiling again as she noticed the safe forms of her friends standing outside on the grass waiting for her. The previously infested building now devoid of vampires.

XXX

Arriving in the mansion, he was confronted by Dru who wrapped her arms around him and cooed.

“Slayer with friends and family, that sure as hell wasn’t in the brochure.” He told her sulkily; secretly glad her mother had given him an excuse not to succeed.

She told him about the fairies and how they promised he’d get her next time as the walked into the main room, Colin sat on the throne obviously meant for someone bigger than him. Beside him, waiting smugly stood Drake.

“You have failed!” Colin boomed in a childish voice.

“I, uh… I offer penance?” Spike fought back the urge to laugh; the night had gone better than expected.

“Penance? Traitors are killed!” Drake spoke up for the first time since he had spilled Spikes dirty little secret to his master.

Drusilla began to whine as Spike shot Colin a confused look. “They see her too my knight, the sunshine, bright and so, so yellow. All on our heads. A tissue, a tissue, we all. Burn. Away.” Her head tilted to look at Colin and with a big grin she pointed. “Starting with you.”

“Silence her.” Colin roared terrified of her prophecy. At his words three minions came to grab her. As one of them touched her he turned to dust as Spike grabbed his head and twisted it off his shoulders.

“There will be no touching, no silencing and no…” He looked at Dru, “interrupting. Why am I a traitor?”

Drake grimaced at him. “I saw you with her, all over her. The slayer… it’s disgusting.” He spat as Dru whined again, the images of both blonds filling her head.

“Actually she’s quite a delectable creature. All soft curves and toned skin, so very tasty.” He mocked them, a proud grin washing over his face. As Dru whined louder he suddenly realized what he said and who he said it in front of. “Bollocks!”

Before anyone could act, Spike grabbed Colin and hoisted him over his shoulder. Throwing him into a metal cage he slammed and locked the door, raising it up into the direct sunlight. Spike watched gleefully as the young vampire burned, as told by Dru’s vision. After all that was left was smoke and ashes, he turned to face the minions and smirked.

“All those who obey without question, lives. Those that do not, get in line.”

A few rushed him, and he killed them all, as dust littered the floor, he swept Drusilla into his arms and called ‘good morning’ to the remaining loyal minions. Taking his dark princess out of his room, he sighed. He’d have to confront her about it sometime.

XXX

* * *

Please review... that's all for now :P