Author's Chapter Notes:
Minor Spike/Dru.
Thanks to Livia, Carol, Bella Morte, BuffyandSpikeforever & Lindsay for the reviews.. Keep them coming.

Banner by Kris

-----



-----

Words: 1,209
Chapter 3
Welcome to Sunnyhell
The black sportsman Desoto sped through the ‘welcome to Sunnydale’ sign and into town. Pulling up outside the abandoned factory, a bleached blond man got out of the drivers side. Hair slicked back, black t-shirt tight across his well muscled chest, jeans clinging to his legs leaving nothing to the imagination. Everything else hidden by the long black leather duster he wore over the red button down shirt, left hanging open.

Walking around to the passenger side, he flung open the door, reached inside and pulled out a beautiful young woman. Her raven hair and pale skin combined with the old red Victorian style dress made her look like the porcelain doll she carried under one arm.

“Home sweet home, Dru.” He told her lovingly.

XXX

Entering the factory Spike surveyed the group of vampires assembled in the main room. He spotted a child sitting on a throne at the back of the room and figured this was what all the hubbub was about.

‘Shouldn’t be hard to take over.’ He figured. Leaving Dru to rest in one of the rooms he had come in here hoping to get into good fortunes with Sunnydale’s big bad. Who happened to be an ankle biter.

They were spouting nonsense about St. Vigeous and the slayer. Completely disregarding the other minions Spike sauntered up to the front of the throne and eyed the kid contemplatively.

“You know what works good with slayers?” Colin looked at the man, he obviously didn’t know. “Killing them.”

“Can you?” Colin looked at him hopefully; someone needed to get to her.

“A lot faster than nancy boy there.” He pointed over his shoulder at the vampire who was still sprawled across the floor.

The fallen vampire got to his feet and growled at Spike, then began laughing. “You any good with magic?”

“What’s magic got to do with anything? I’m the slayer of slayers not a bleeding Merlin.”

“Well, then, I suggest you give up and go home.” Spike tilted his head to the side and regarded the minion closely; he didn’t seem to be lying. Taking a glance at Colin, he noticed he wore the same crestfallen look as every other vamp in that room. “The slayer’s in a coma.” Spike opened his mouth only to be cut off before he could start speaking. “Her friends, they placed a barrier around her room. Only people she trusts can get in. Her subconscious chooses those who enter. Good luck.”

He let out a sharp laugh and turned to point at the door. Spike thought about leaving but before he could make up his mind he remembered he was here for more reasons than to bag a third, he had to cure his Drusilla.

Speaking of, the moment her name entered his head, she appeared in the doorway, Miss Edith in hand. Practically floating over to him, for it seemed her feet never touched the ground; she began to coo in his ear.

“The sunshine won’t burn my Spike. Go, luv, bring back my dear darkness.”

He listened calmly as she babbled at him; finally tiring of trying to decipherer her meaning he lifted her into his arms and turned from the room.

“The slayers mine, even if I have to shake a bleeding gourd and do the hokey pokey.” He muttered to Colin before walking through the threshold and heading back to their room.

“Interesting vampire.” Colin told the others, eyes locked on the one Spike had knocked to the floor. “Very interesting.”

XXX

Fighting Glory. Chasing Glory. Being chased by Glory. Hitting Ben. Leaving Ben. Running to Dawn. Watching Spike fall. Throwing Doc after him. Cutting Dawn free. Dragging her down the platform. Dawn trying to jump. Stopping her. Jumping in her place.

*Flash*

*Flash*

*Flash*

The Pain, so bright and colorful. It hurt my eyes so I closed them. I tried to scream but there was no sound. No more pain. I remember falling, falling from the sky as the color faded away. Blurring into the blue and gold of the approaching dawn.

*Flash*

*Flash*

*Flash*

I think I hit something then, it wasn’t hard, just a soft ‘thump’. I remember voices, crying, sad voices. Spike… he was there! I remember him. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn’t see. I tried to tell him I was ok, and that he shouldn’t cry for me but I couldn’t speak. I tried to touch him but I had no hands. I just… wasn’t. But I was happy.

*Flash*

*Flash*

*Flash*

Hitting Giles. Talking to Jenny. Walking with the anointed. A cavern. The Master. Firing a crossbow. He caught it. He… he… I drown. There was water. Lots of water. I made a joke. I drown, he liked my dress. My dress… my mum bought that. Spring Fling. I went to that with Angel… No I didn’t, I drowned. I drowned. I drowned. I drowned. Voices… Xander? Angel? I think I woke up now, in time for the dance. No! I drowned. I died. I… I… I…

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

“Miss Summers, can you hear me?” He looked over her for a response, any response. She’d been the same since she was brought in a little less than four months ago. Never moved, or twitched, she was barely breathing, her chest moving in the slightest. Skin pale and stretched across her bones as she continued to lose weight.

He looked over to the man in the door way, “I’m sorry, still no reaction.” Angel merely nodded and went to tell the others. Dr Crowell sighed, it wasn’t right. She was a child still, she had no place here. Running a hand lightly over her hair he prayed for help, that someone would come and wake this girl up, she seemed to be waiting for something but no one knew what. He prayed someone knew, for her sake, and that of her family and friends.

Leaving the room, Dr Crowell took one last glance back inside and sent up one more prayer to Heaven. He shut the door as loudly as possible, hoping he could make her jump, but nothing. Nodding his sympathies in the direction of the group of friends he turned down the opposite corridor to continue his rounds.

“Giles, would you check the barrier.” Giles nodded and walked up to the door, standing just outside the room he began chanting. Lowering his voice towards the end until he trailed off, he turned to the group and nodded.

“She’s safe.” Now that she was safe to leave for the night, everyone turned to go home.

“I’ll come back later, you all should rest.” No one provided an argument to Angel’s comment, all too tired to think of anything to say in response.

XXX

Spike paced his room at the factory; Dru was asleep but her words still rung in his ears.

The sunshine wont burn my Spike.

What was that supposed to mean? He had an idea but not one he’d place a bet on. Shrugging his shoulders he left the room and the factory, he was going to try his idea, if it didn’t work, better luck next time.

If it did… then he’d get half of what he came here for.

XXX

Keep the reviews coming... :D :D Luv you all xxx