Thanks to ~*~Tasha~*~, Lindsay, Spikeschilde, BuffyandSpikeForever, Seraiza, Jessica, Bree and Cordykitten for the reviews. Love you all.

-------



-------Banner by Kris

Words: 2,216
Chapter 8
Once More in Detail
Xander leaped forwards, stopping directly in front of Spike. With a stake aimed towards his heart, Xander grabbed Buffy with his free hand and dragged her away from the ‘threat’. Then he pulled out a cross and waved it dangerously close to the vampires face.

“Back evil vampire. Get back! The power of Christ compels you!” Xander shouted, while waving the holy artifact. Standing behind him, Buffy’s mouth dropped as she watched her best friend make a fool out of himself, in front of what could still be considered, a dangerous monster.

“Xander, we’re not exorcising him!” Angel snapped irritated to have his Childe still sat there, stake free.

As the words left the older vampires mouth, everything seemed to dawn on the blond, who promptly burst into fits of hysterics soon followed by Buffy. Once again placing her on his lap.

“Were they like this in your world pet?” He asked her with a smirk. She nodded frantically, her hand flying to cover her mouth and stifle the giggles.

“Your world?” Willow repeated confused.

“Xander, sit down. Leave Spike alone all of you, and I’ll explain.” Buffy directed her friends, who all did as they were told with only a minimal amount of resistance. Angel directed Giles’ drunken ass into one of the chairs around the library desk, while Willow and Xander took the other two spare ones. Angel remained standing, stake clutched tightly in his hand just in case.

“My name is Buffy Summers, and I am 20 years old.” She started her voice and face completely serious. She noticed the looks on everyone’s face but Angel and Spike who had heard a bit already and frowned. “I was born to Hank and Joyce Summers in 1981. I became the Vampire Slayer in 1997, before that I was a Valley Brat. In 2000 I died protecting my sister, Dawn Summers, and the world from a Hell God. Questions? Complaints? Please don’t think I’m crazy!”

“Yeah, Buff you’re funny, really. Now seriously, what’s with the blond menace?” Xander laughed at her, his eyes narrowing slightly when she didn’t smile or laugh or do anything else to give away the joke.

“I’m not joking Xander. I died and now here I am… 3 ½ months after I killed the Master, not which ever one of you did it in this reality.” Giles cleared his throat, the conversation being enough to sober him slightly.

“So, you’re telling us that… what? That you’re not Buffy?”

“And I repeat Giles, ‘My name is Buffy Summers…’ of course I’m Buffy, just from somewhere else.”

“My guess is Alternate Dimension, luv. If it was the past, plain and simple, it would have turned out the same way.”

Buffy swiveled on his lap to face him; one hand traced his cheekbone while the other gripped his bicep. She leaned forward to press her lips against his in a sweet, chaste kiss. “I think that’s the idea. He didn’t want it to turn out the same.” She whispered before pressing her lips against his again, in their third ever kiss. His arms wrapped around her waist and drew her tight against him. Giles’ coughing drew them both out of the haze their kissing had created, firmly back in reality Buffy turned back to face her friends.

“Why wouldn’t ‘he’ want it to be the same?” Giles asked, hesitantly walking to his office to retrieve a note book.

“I died.” She stated simply, causing Spikes grip on her to tighten further.

Ignoring the conversation between slayer and her watcher, Xander sat eyes riveted on the blond pair, his mouth hanging open in shock. “Good God! Tell me you two aren’t…!” He exclaimed, throwing desperate looks around the room.

“Are you… together? In the other dimension I mean?” Willow asked, from behind her hair shyly.

“No, we would have been if I hadn’t died.” She told her red haired friend sadly.

“Why?” Angel asked suspiciously.

“Because I’m dead.” She blinked at him, trying to push back the tears.

“No, I mean… why not before?”

“Long story and it has nothing to do with you.” She snapped, leaning back into Spikes comforting embrace.

Giles returned with a pen and notebook, and took his seat at the table again. “From the beginning please?”

“Basically, Xander did CPR and I woke up, killed the Master went to the Spring Fling, stayed with my dad in LA for the summer, came back as Miss Bitch Extraordinaire and ground Master ‘bones to make my bread’ had a nice long cry on Angel and then was over my dying.

“Spike showed up before parent teacher night, tried to kill me before St Vigeous, which should be in a week or so, and inadvertently save me from ‘grounding by mom’. Spent half a year trying to kill me, until I dropped a church organ on him for kidnapping A…” She froze. Sure she didn’t love him anymore, but did she want Spike to kill him? “Somebody to cure Dru, Angelus came back and took Dru from Spike, spent the rest of the year trying to kill me and annoying Spike to the point of torture, and tried to bring Acathla forth to swallow the world.

“Dru killed the slayer and Spike rescued me from the police and helped me send Angelus to Hell, in return for him and Dru being allowed to leave town. Angel went to Hell, Spike went to Brazil. Spike came back half a year later and kidnapped Willow because Dru left him and he wanted a spell. Angel was back from Hell Spike left again, and then came back a year later. Angel was in LA for good by then, Spike got the Gem of Amarra and I got it off him and sent it to LA, Spike went after it. And came back and got captured by the Initiative, joined us unwillingly then by choice. Fell in love with me and I hated him. We almost got married once; it was a spell, and… never mind.

“He told me he loved me, in a way which was not the best way. I uninvited him from my house after like 3 years and then invited him back in a few months after my mother… after Dawn was taken by Glory. We got Dawn safely back and I jumped. He was supposed to protect her and he fell, Doc threw him off the tower before I could get there, and I died and he blames himself. I never told him I loved him.”

She sniffled as the tears she had been fighting once again spilled down her cheeks. Spike rested his head against her neck, tucked into her shoulder and nuzzled at the soft flesh, purring lightly to calm her. The entire time she was talking, Giles had been jotting notes. Now she was done he looked at her carefully, tearstained face and puffy eyes. The way she looked against William the Bloody, although a mass murdering vampire, they look good together. There was no denying that.

“If I may, could I ask some questions?” Buffy nodded. “Are you certain you should have told us about the future?”

“It’s not your future. It’s my past. Spike said I would be here, because I have no body to go back to so I doubt it would happen the same or they’d have taken my memories.”

“Spike? That Spike? As in the vampire at your neck?” Xander snorted in distaste.

Giles gave a start as he noticed how close his slayer was to be bitten. “Not this Spike, my Spike. He’s my messenger. The link to my old life so I’d know how my friends are. I’d worry otherwise.”

“Earlier you mentioned ‘he’? Who would that be?”

“My Spike, again. As my link he gets to be a part of my Heaven, or this world as he called it. In my dreams and in his he’s always here, he talks to me…” She smiled thinking back on when she told him she loved him in one of those dreams. “He wanted to choose factors in my Heaven with me, because he wanted me to be with this Spike. That’s why I’m giving a Spike I don’t know a chance. Because the Spike I do know believes he can love me, and that I can love him in return. I don’t doubt it!” She grinned widely at the awe filled look Spike sent her before he returned to nuzzling her neck.

“Ok. Who is The Initiative?”

“A military organization that specialize in HST’s. Hostile Sub-Terrestrials. They capture and experiment on demons; they tried to make an army out of Frankenstein like creatures. They used lots of demon parts and human and computer parts. He was called Adam; he killed the Initiative leader and took control. Spike was working for him for a while. They put this chip in Spikes head; it gave him electrical shocks strong enough to concuss him if he tried to harm a human. Adam promised to take it out, if he got me to the lair. I got there and killed Adam. The Initiative closed down, but they hung around just in case. My ex was one of them; he left half a year later to hunt in South America somewhere. No big loss.”

“One last question, please?” Again Buffy just nodded. “You have a sister? Why chose Spike to protect this ‘sister’ of yours?”

“She’s not my sister Giles. More like my daughter. The monk made her out of me, my blood, and my protection. They had to make her human so I’d look after her, protect her from Glory.”

“Sorry, another question. Glory is?” Willow asked her eyes wide in interest.

“A Hell God, she ruled with two others, until she became too powerful and they had her expelled. She was sharing a body with a mortal man and he was the only way to kill her. I think he’s dead now; I beat her pretty bad so I’m sure it looks worse on him. The hammer of a God to defeat a God.”

“Back to this sister again, why Spike?”

“Because he was the only one I could trust with her. I told you Giles, and my mom figured it out for herself, long story. We told Willow, Xander, and two more people and no one thought to tell Spike. So when Dawn figured something was up, she snuck out and went to find out. Spike found her and went with her so she didn’t get her or attacked and he found Giles’ diary and read some. They both found out what Dawn really was, and I blamed him.

“It wasn’t his fault because he didn’t know. He still treated her like Dawn, when we all stopped talking when she walked into a room, he talked more.” She smiled softly. “He almost died to keep her safe, and to keep me from losing her. He risked everything for us both; he was the only one I counted on. The only one strong enough.” She finished with a wistful smile and the Spike whose lap she sat on felt pangs of jealousy from hearing how highly she talked of this other Spike of hers.

He clenched his fists against her hips and pulled her back against him tighter, growling softly in jealousy. She turned to face him and smiled regretfully. “Sorry.” He just nodded at her.

Giles closed his notebook, with a grimace. “If that is all?” Buffy nodded once more. “I suggest you go home. For someone who has both woken from a coma and died recently, you aren’t getting enough rest.”

“Both times, I’ve been flat on my back asleep, I don’t need that anymore. I might patrol.” Giles opened his mouth to protest, but she cut him off. “Who’s been doing it while I was away?”

“I have.” Angel looked at her, and then glared at Spike. “I’ll go with you if you want.”

“She doesn’t want, I’m going.”

“What about Dru Spike?” Angel snarled, looking at Buffy to gauge her reaction to her rival.

“What bout her? I have minions to take care of her when I’m away.” He glared back before pressing a wet kiss to Buffy’s jaw causing her to giggle.

He lifted Buffy from his lap to stand on the floor, getting up after her he let go of her long enough for her to fling her arms around a still seated Willow and tell her she missed her. Spike grabbed her hand and began to drag the slayer out of the library. As they got to the door, Buffy stopped and looked at Giles.

“Am I still in school?” She asked slowly, terrified of the answer. She really didn’t want to go to school again, but she needed to if she was going to get a job here, later.

“Yes, Buffy, dear. I’ll see you on Monday.” She smiled in thanks ad went to leave again.

“Wait! What day is this?” She exclaimed.

“Friday. You have a whole weekend to catch up.”

“Yay for me!” She waved her hands in the air unenthusiastically. Following Spike out of the library she missed the stake that was hurled against the door once it was closed, followed by a muttered curse.

XXX

------

Please review. Also i was thinking of adding another fic and was wondering if anyone would be interested...?

It's called Different Turn of Events and is a Spuffy re-write of Season 2, cause i don't like Angel. Also.. no vampire!Buffy for people who like her human, she stays human :D :D And i've been told it's at a good pace. I'm at What's My Line pt2 right now, and only doing the really Spuffy episode ok?

Let me know if i should add it here... cya xx