Thanks to BuffyandSpikeForever, Cordykitten, Seraiza, Bree, Jessica, Lindsay, ~*~TAsha~*~ for the reviews.. means so much to me :D

-------



------- Banner by Kris

Words: 1,178
Chapter 9
What a Night
The two blonds walked through one of the least busy cemeteries hand in hand. Spike smiled at his girl leaning over to give her a chaste kiss.

“This is weird.” She told him. He raised his eyebrow at her and frowned. “I mean, before we didn’t do anything like this. We fought, you insulted me I insulted you and ran off after punching you in the nose.”

“This is nice though.”

“Very nice.” She agreed.

After staking a few stray fledglings and one praxis demon Spike walked Buffy back to her house. He wanted more than anything to go inside with her and watch her sleep in his arms, but he still had loyalties to Dru and she needed him right now.

“Go to her, I understand.” He smiled gratefully and kissed her again. This time he let the simmering passion between them rise to the surface and engulf them in wave after wave of emotion. His tongue swept against hers as the appendages dueled for dominance. His arm wrapped around her waist and drew her close to him, his erection pressed against her cloth covered mound. She moaned into his mouth and he let her go to breathe.

“Bye Buffy.” He kissed her softly again.

“See you tomorrow?” She asked hesitantly. He nodded at her and disappeared into the night. She walked into her house taking shaky breaths trying to calm her erratic heartbeat. “Damn he can kiss.” She whistled in appreciation instantly blushing as her mother appeared before her.

“Buffy?” Her mother asked in worry.

“I’m fine. He had to make sure Dru’s ok.” As if that explained everything Buffy turned and headed upstairs to bed. Her mother stopped her calling her back down the stairs.

“Buffy, I want to know.”

“I should have just taped it and hit rewind.” She grumbled before throwing herself onto the couch with a sigh. Joyce frowned at Buffy, until she started telling the story again. Everything she had told Giles and the others she now told her mother. Except this time she didn’t cry.

“Buffy… Dawn is…? Will she be here?” Joyce asked looking around the room as if she was already there but no one could see her.

“I don’t know mom. I doubt it; I mean I’m in ‘Heaven’ why should I save the world here? So unless she lives with dad, then I don’t have a sister.” She answered sadly, sure she was a brat, but Buffy loved her anyway. “Also you won’t get si-” Buffy threw a hand over her mouth in shock, as her mother gasped. “What I meant was that…”

“I’m sick?” Joyce asked uncertain she wanted to know. Buffy shook her head frantically, and at her mothers instance told her everything about the shadow, cancer and the aneurism. By the time Buffy had finished, Joyce sat stiffly in her seat tears running down her cheeks as she stared directly at Buffy. As her daughter began to cry as well Joyce snapped out of her daze and drew Buffy into a hug, crushing her against her chest Joyce whispered into Buffy’s blond hair.

“It’ll be alright, I’ll see a doctor. I won’t leave you. I swear.” She ran her hand softly through the mane of golden locks as she tried to fight her fears and hush her daughters simultaneously.

“Mommy…” Buffy sniffled and looked at her mom, eyes puffy and red. Joyce just shook her head and told her to get some sleep. Following her mother’s advice, Buffy stood, and after kissing her mother goodnight headed upstairs for the first sleep in her bed in over 3 months.

XXX

After leaving the slayers house Spike practically floated back to the factory. As he entered the building the bounce in his step gave him away to the minions, they, drawing their own conclusions, began to spread word around the factory that Spike had somehow killed the slayer. It was only after his shower that Drusilla cornered Spike in their room that he heard about these rumors.

“Oh, my William. Killed the bad slayer for mummy, he did.” She told Miss Edith lovingly, the doll dangling by her side, held up by the scrap of her dress clutched in Dru’s hand.

“Never said that, pet. Who’s telling you lies?” He frowned at her when she tilted her head to the side. Feeling the familiar tingles of her trying to pick his brain apart, he closed himself off to her. “Tell me, luv. Who lied to you? I’ll kill the bad man.”

Dru growled at him, at first she sounded like she was mewling then gradually she became angrier. He reeked of slayer, even after his shower Drusilla could see the slayer floating all around him. In his head ad his heart, he was blinded by her. Drowning.

Suddenly she leaped at him, arms outstretched to grip his throat painfully tight. His hands came up to claw at her arms, trying to pull them off of him. He disregarded any thought of hurting his Sire as he felt her nails begin to draw blood; large gashes made into the tender flesh of his neck that poured blood, the crimson liquid ran down onto his color bone and his shirt. With a snarled Spike vamped out and flung his Sire backwards into the door. The door rattled from the force and as Dru slumped against it, slowly creaked open. A minion poked his head inside.

“GET OUT!” Spike roared, breathing erratically as he tried to calm his demons need to grovel.

Dru looked up at him, the sudden anger missing from her eyes, whimpering in pain she tried to stand only to fall back to the floor seconds later.

“Oh baby, I’m a bad rude man, forgive me?” His eyes blue once more as they looked at her filled with guilt and begging her to accept his offered hand. As she placed her frail hand into his he stepped closer and swung her up into his arms. Cradling her close to him he pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead and moved closer to their shared bed.

As he laid her beneath the covers and drew them up over her, his mind drifted to Buffy. He had really wanted to spend more time with her, but he had to take care of Dru, now he’d be lucky if he got to leave the room tomorrow night, let alone the factory.

Drusilla felt her Childe drift, his mind suddenly filled with the golden angel she could never be. Whimpering louder she clung to his arm and pulled him down to lie behind her. Spike gathered her into his arms with a frustrated sigh, wishing he knew what made her angry in the first place.

As he drifted off, Buffy’s face swam behind his closed eyelids. Suddenly she was replaced by Drusilla.

Turning in his arms to face him, she kissed his full lips softly and whispered ever so quietly. “I see the slayer, floating all around you. Why don’t you push her away?” His eyes shot open.

‘Bollocks.’

XXX

------

Please review... check out my new fic Midnight if you like Vamp!BUffy stories