Author's Chapter Notes:
new summery
Prologue: 5 years after chosen

Destiny...,Fate,..Champion,...Heroes, and Villains..., Good...and Evil.... Words, what do they mean anyway? Men make words, let actions speak instead. If history is written by the victors,cannot the same be said of the righteous? Who decided between sins and sainthood, or the nature of *right* and *wrong*. Would the taking of an innocent be considered evil, if that innocent was destined to destroy the very nature of existence? Is it evil to try to change the world for the better? And Fate? Are we really doomed to play out some pre-ordained script? Are we marionette?. To be wielded and fondled by some absentee puppeteer?

'No.' thinks the witch, she knew full well the nature of good and evil, and the paths of destiny. Destiny was not guarantied, not by any means. Fate merely a huge maze of doors, each leading down a different path. Sometimes, if you are blessed enough, there may come a time when a glorious path will be presented to you. But to go forth though this door; Ahhh, that is the beauty of free will. Because these doorways always come with a price. As you push forward though the opening, the background dissolves. The old maze giving rise to a new one with no way of going back. The old way closed to you forever. If you choose not to go forth. To even hesitate. The way will be dissolved, gone forever, given up to another or merely lost into the abyss.

The witch knew where she wanted to go, having been given a glimpse to an incredible destiny. Now, she was eager to move toward it. She knew that this was a gift, and if not accepted soon, the powers would find another. Someone would eventually restore the way. The one was too strong, too mighty, to stay buried forever. And if her plan came to fruition, then she would evolve into so much more than she was now. She would be a Queen. a Goddess. Then the world would change forever. Wouldn't then, the victor's, crown her as champion, and her efforts be deemed as good?
The plan was in motion now, Soon, so soon the time would be at hand, and all her dreams would culminate and blossom before her. The world would be stained crimson with the blood of the unworthy, and the righteous will overtake the lands and seas, marking, burning, plunging, everyone and everything into perpetual darkness. It will be glorious.
What was the death of one boy compared to all that?

Prologue Part two:

2.5 months after chosen

The dream came unbidden in the night. Somewhere in her unconscious she recognized it as a dream, even though she knew very well where she was. She had been her before, in this cave, in this desert.

"Death was you gift!" The other women/creature hissed.

The blond women looked on more than slightly annoyed as she spoke "Yeah, that really didn't work out well did it?"

The first one merely nodded.

"Besides lucky for you I was around. Since you needed me to save the world,... again, and kick a little first evil non-corporal ass.." she said.

"If not you, it would have been another." the dark creature announced.

The woman stared, seething, hands twisting tightly around herself in an attempt to remain in some sort of control. She didn't want to be here. Why why was she here again? The other's eyes were upon her as her anger began to seep forth, "Oh great! So were all, just ...switchable now! My actions have no meaning? Is that what your telling me now?"

The creature crept closer, her movements graceful but sinister, like a panther, ready to strike. Her words were harsh, but softly spoken,"The script was laid out eons ago. It was the players, that went uncertain."

The current slayer stood there feeling tears of fury welling up in her eyes. All those months of suffering and loneliness. All the fighting and the pain and the loss. Lives, friends, lovers, home, all gone. She had actually started to believe there was a reason she had been brought back. That her suffering and misery had been necessary to achieve her ultimate victory. Now, he finds out that it really didn't matter that she was ripped from heaven? That she was no more than a removable game piece on the board of life? Don't worry honey, you wipe out, we got a spare? For the last seven years she heard words like duty, destiny, fate, now only to discover that she really didn't matter. It was too much.

Fury continued to ebb up through out her body, and like molting lava it began to erupt. With fists clench, she leapt up, throwing herself onto the first slayer. Fists were connecting wildly in an attempt to cause pain. Momentarily stunned, the first slayer quickly responded. Not intending to hurt her, the first merely tossed the younger women off. As the blond slayer moved to stand, the dark one spun around and whacked her with a sharp blow to the back of her head. The blond slayer flew across the cave and landed in a thud. She regained herself swiftly, and charged again. The first attempted to block her, but the blond slayer caught her, and manage to tackle her to the ground, raining punches at her.

The blond slayer was only mildly aware of her actions. It was as if she was in her body, but also not. Floating somewhere outside herself, she allowed her dark side to reign free. She poured all of her emotions of the last few months, ...hell no... years into each swing. She hurt, and she wanted to cause hurt; A whole world of hurt. This was a perfect place to start.

But suddenly the dark slayer manage to respond to her blows. Grasping her by her furring arms, she launched the blond off to the far side of the cavern where she hit the wall with a harsh smack. As the blond slayer regrouped herself into a new assault, she found herself frozen still. She noticed the dark women muttering as her hand was raised. The blond was held effectively immobilized by the dark creature.

'Great.', she thinks, 'Why didn't I come with the mojo package?'

"Enough!" hissed the creature, "This is not what you are here for. We know your plans. It was whispered to us. It is not your time."

These words would have halted the blond in her tracks. No need for the spell. 'They know' she chuckled in spite of herself. No one else, not any of her *loved ones* had even bothered to take notice. The only one who would have.... 'No don't go there, no good there.'

She had been exposing herself to danger these past few months. Taking on the biggest badest evil she could find. They had been severely disappointing in not bringing forth the end she so desperately desired. But, she was willing to try, again and again, if that's what it took. Somewhere they're must be someone, something strong enough to do the deed. To finally finish this.

The first glared at her, waiting. For what? A response? An excuse? The blond caste her eyes down, broken. 'Why can't they let me go?'

"Purposely exposing yourself, carelessly to harm, will not achieve the end you desire, and you will destroy the gift you were given.", The creature hissed.

'GIFT?,'... 'These people are unreal!!'
"Death was my gift!", She bellowed, "Peace was my gift! To finally be free! Free of this life! That gift was stolen from me! I have nothing now. I belong nowhere". She clutched herself, violently trying to halt the steady flow of tears that streamed from her eyes.
"It's.. all gone" She stated, simply, quietly.

"Death WAS your gift. But you were forced back to life. So..,now..,it is life we give to you. The gift of life for both the champions. That... Is your gift now." the creature stated. Her words dripping slowly from her lips as to allow the meaning to slip through.

The champions,..plural., but one of the champions was gone. And the blond, none so kindly, reminded the *other* of this.

"There are many forms of life, child." the one answered as she moved forward

The blond watch, warily, as the dark creature crept closer. She struggled fruitlessly against the magic keeping her still, as the creature place a hand low on her body, to her womb.
And then she felt it..., Life!... Love! Small and weak, but there, inside her, growing, gaining strength. Her eyes flew wide with the knowledge. Feelings of wonder began to replace the anger and pain she'd carried around for so long. And something else, something she had thought lost, long gone, consumed in the embers of misery. Hope. She felt it rising like a phoenix from the ashes. All she had to do was embrace it.

The other let her hand linger, "This is a gift to you both. But it will also be ours. The dark ones have put their emissary into the fold. So must we. This", She held her hand tighter against her womb, " took great powers to bring forth. A gift that comes with a price. This life will have it's own destiny to full-fill. It's own task to accomplish. It will be capable of great good, or be a tool for great evil. Always....there is a choice. For them both. We are entrusting this life to you."

'Destiny.', The blond grimaced. She was really beginning to hate that word. No more would she play by someone else's rules. She would make her own way, for her, and the child growing inside her. Screw *the way*! She's had her fill. Besides, didn't they just say that if one was unavailable, another would come? Fuck em. Let someone else do it. She was about to tell the other exactly what orifice she could shove her *destiny* speech, when she felt herself being pulled back. The walls soon began to dissipate.

She heard one last whisper before she faded back into reality, "Soon, it will begin."

She awoke in the hospital. Monitors buzzing all around her. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind and sort though the bombardment of images she'd just been plowed with. Slowly, the words she'd just heard began to sink in. She grazed her hand lovingly across her belly. 'Yep'. It was there. She felt it now. Life, growing, changing. There... waiting, waiting to be loved. She couldn't help but smile.

A new presence in the room broke her thoughts. She looked up, and saw his face. He looked tired, frazzled, and a deep concern filled his weary eyes. She felt for him, this man, who had become her father.

They stared at one another, pondering thoughts. She knew what troubled him. She could tell he knew. Oh, but how to reassure him? She knew something that he didn't. A revelation that dawned on her as clear and bright as the rising sun. It was okay. She was okay. They would all be okay. And this life, would be loved, and have purpose, but not the one *powers* were expecting. She was done playing the game, living their rules. Her and *Her* baby, would make their own way, their own rules. If the *powers* didn't like it, Too Tuff shit!!. They could stuff it for all she cared. She had her own plans now.

She didn't look back at her watcher just yet. She closed her eyes, and just felt for her baby, felt it's life, its love. What ever was about to begin, she would face it. She could face it. And *SHE* would beat it. She lied back against the bed, eyes still closed, and felt more peace and purpose than she had had in a long...long time.