1, 2 3, throw, connect.
Nothing

No matter how hard he concentrated, the punch would not connect. "Dammit to holy hell." he shouted. Spike really needed to hit something, and the fact that he couldn't have any impact on the world was really grating on him.

Once upon a time, the scoobies would complain that he was a waste. That he just took up space. He couldn't even claim to that anymore. The whole situation he found himself in had him ready to stake himself.

Cept he couldn't even do that could he? For the first time in over 120 years, Spike had absolutely no control, no say in anything. Even his own existence.

Lately, He had been even more desperate. Especially after he had witnessed his grandsire and Buffy's conversation months ago. Not about the argument, seeing Buffy's cold anger and contempt for Angel, had just been, well, fabulous. Especially when she had him pinned against that wall. Too bad she didn't have a plastic stake. And she had removed *his* marks, effectively cutting him off from her completely. Spike smiled, savoring the memory. Couldn't blame her, son or no son, Angel should have know better than to deal with the devil. Didn't over two hundred years of evil teach the big brooding idiot anything?


Seeing his Buffy again had been a shock. She looked beautiful, better than he'd remembered. He so long to grab her and hold her. Tell her that he still loved her. Couldn't help but wonder, how she felt bout him, after all this time. Maybe 4 years for her, but to him it was only yesterday that she'd had whispered those three sweet little words. Yeah, sure, she'd thought he'd be going to the big fiery beyond, never to return, but he wouldn't let that stop him from cashing in on the phrase.

It was the bit about Dru that had Spike really bothered. Not so much that he had turned Connor, although he felt pity for the boy (Damn soul), but also because Buffy had said she was after her. Maybe she was, if Dru convinced herself that Buffy was to blame for his.. demise, then she might launch a vendetta.

But Spike wasn't gone...Not anymore, and Dru was easily distracted. If he could get to her. Than he could convince her to lay off Buffy, and go on to her next delusion of the month, like turning poodles and trying to coax em' to fly or something. He knew now that Angel was on the look out for them, but he had to reach Dru himself. Preferably before she caused Buffy any harm. Still, if he called Dru off after she took care of the boy...

''No! Damn. Can't do that to her. Don't want her in pain.' Spike really resented his soul, and not for the first time.

"Least one of us should be happy." he mused.

Who was this ponce that Buffy was working so hard to protect anyway?