Somewhere else in California.

The small boy crept along the corridors of the building looking anxiously around. He was good at this game, and he knew it wouldn't be long before he sought her out of the place here she had hidden. They had snuck off as soon as the adults were occupied, and went on an exploration, which quickly turned into a game of hide and seek in the lower levels of the compound. They weren't suppose to be here. Secret stuff went on here, stuff his mommy wouldn't tell him. He'd only been down here once before, when he'd convince his uncle to give him a look the holding cells. The ones where they kept the bad people, or just the people they didn't want wandering around on their own. He wondered if he got caught here, would his mommy put him in one?

"Someday, your mommy's gonna sell you to the gypsies, you keep it up". That's what his aunt Dawn had said to him once before, on a day he'd been particularly naughty. He wonders if that's possible.

'No way!', he think's, 'Mommy loves me too much', but still... He's getting afraid now. His uncle always told him that his actions had..consequences.. That was the word. It meant sometimes you had to pay for the things you'd done wrong, even if it was only meant as a game. Maybe they should stop this game and go back. Before someone finds them missing. Before the price of this game got too high.

He takes off in a run now. 'Gotta find her and go back', he thinks. He's looking wildly around and doesn't notice that a shadow has come out before him. He smacks, full force, right into the new presence in the hall.

His mind ablaze's with feelings not his own, *Fear* *Anger* and a host of other emotions too strong for his young mind to comprehend, all coming at him in rapid succession. He can't stop the thoughts, and he's caught unprepared. He knows this person, has felt him before. He doesn't like him, not him, or his son. Another image begins to rise in his mind. One of a monster with glowing eyes and white hair, it flashes, quickly, too quickly for him to grab hold of it, before it gets dissolved in the multitude of other thoughts. His breathing quickens. The contact is too long; too strong; too unbidden. He feels faint. The strong arms catch him and hold him tight. William stuggles slightly evan as he falls and is gently lowered to the floor, the contact thereby breaking. The boy manages to peer up at the man's face staring down at him.

"Hello Mr Wood." William muttered before he blacked out.