Buffy ran quickly down the hall to the infirmary, to her son. 'Got to see if he's alright. Please let him be alright , so that then I can kill him'.

He knows better than to wander off. Especially here, ..and now. But there he went, wandering off, not telling anyone. 'God, ' she thought, 'Sometimes I just don't know how to get through to him. He has to learn there are prices to pay for these things."

She's angry, very angry, but as she burst through the doors, she sees him, lying on the table, his skin ashen, and sickly white. Very soon anger is replaced by worry and love. He looks so small and helpless lying there. She knows he's weak. and that he's thrown up. It's the way it always is. The magic simply too intense for such a little body to handle. He'll grow out of it they assured her.

'Yeah, if he makes it that long'

She ignores everyone else in the room and rushes to her son's side, his eyes are closed, but quickly open as she draws near. He probably sensed her as she rushed in. He always can. Looking up at her, exhaustion and illness filled his sad face. "Oops, ...sorry mommy.", he mutters.

With tears in her eyes, Buffy could only scoop up her poor son into a hug.

'He sufferers enough. The price is already is too high." She thinks.