We're here, at your disposal. Anything you want. Whatever you need of us", the man was rushing to say as he was being literally thrown out the door onto his ass.

"I need answers. I need for you people to get up off your asses and find my son and bring him here. A multi-billion dollar evil organization, with ties to almost everything can't find a pair of vampire's??", and with that Angel launched the flunky into the hall.

"Don't throttle the messenger Angel"

'Eve', he thought, "What the hell do you want, Haven't you and your *Bosses* caused enough damage. I told you already, your time and the partner's time is running out. Almost three years its's been, and your no closer to getting Connor than back at day one. I don't know why I don't say screw you all, and burn this place to the ground."

"Because than you'll never get your son back" Eve answered.

"How do you know? I can get him back on my own. I can curse him with the soul myself" He growled.

"If you truly believe that," Eve began, keeping her voice carefully even, "Then why don't you walk out that door right now?"

'Why don't I...I," Angel suddenly couldn't figure out why. Something deep inside him was screaming, he could barely hear it, but it was there. Screaming that it's a trap, and, he needs to get out, get everyone out and run, but he can't. The voice is urgent, but so small, so small now that it barley registers in his conscious mind.

"I think it's this slayer, that has gotten you all worked up,". Eve whispered "She's got a secret."

"Secrets, " Angel muttered, eyes half closed.

"Yes, she's hiding something. Something important. Something we need to get to, before they do."

"We need to get...."

Just then Angel stopped, and blinked and shook his head. "Sorry", he muttered, "Now what is the news?" he demanded

"Connor," Eve explained quickly, "The new reports say that they are not working alone, A powerful force has joined with them, and is blocking our attempts to get to them."

Angel shook his head suspiciously, "Who would want to bother with a couple of vampire's, there are plenty of vampire's in the world. I don't get it."

"Come on now Angel, "Eve said sweetly, "Dru and Connor, are, well, special. We both know that, and a powerful enough force, could use them to their advantage. Connor is young and full of rage, and Dru is well, Dru. Someone is probably, trying to brew up another apocalypse. It has been a while since the last one"

Angel began to absorb this information, "Pull out all the big guns. Anyone you have to, any kind of magic, white,.. black,... brown,.. purple. The whole God damn rainbow if you have to. Just bring them in".

"You got it", Eve smirked and began to leave the room.

"Oh and Eve, Kill anyone that gets in the way" Angel added

"Your the boss"she smiled, and left the office.

Once the door was closed, Eve headed straight for her own office, closed the door, and collapsed in relief.

'Damn', It was getting harder and harder to control him. Damn the slayer, she planted seeds of doubt in Angel's mind and all their work was slowly becoming undone. He's trying to think for himself again. Eve couldn't let that happen. 'Not now,'she thought, not when she was so close to her goal. Angel needs to be kept nice, and calm, and under control.

Dru had been a loose cannon. She was suppose to get Connor for their side, as more leverage against Angel, until the plan could be finalized. But instead she was led astray. Reopen the hellmouth, who'd want to do that? Bad for business. They had no intention of letting this First or even a Second or what ever, call the shots. They were going to call the shots now, with her riding high as a queen of the night

But they had to tread carefully, Dru and her allies knew too much, and were bent on steeling her prize from her. No, Eve worked too hard for over four years, carefully moving and manipulating people to bend to her will. She didn't want to be a lackey at a law firm forever. If her plan succeeded, then she would have real power. She could put her puppets at the helm, and the world would be laid at her feet. The time was close when she could strike, plans were in motion. She just had to hold on, be patient. Soon, they'd had everything they'd need to bring Wolfram and Hart into the next generation.