Since becoming a vampire, Connor generally had sweeter dreams than that of his human days. Maybe because now he truly knew something about passion, lust, power. Usually his dreams were filled with the delights that he and his dark goddess visited regularly, but tonight..

Tonight he was back home. Home at the moment being his childhood one of Quortoth. The harshness of the hell echoed all around him and he felt a sense a dread that he hadn't felt since his childhood.

"This isn't what we wanted for you. This isn't why I sacrificed myself."

Connor recognized the voice, she had visited him once before. He turned to faced her.
"Mother. So good to see you again, but couldn't you have chosen a better place for a reunion? The Ritz in Monte Carlo perhaps?"

Darla approached her dead son with tears in her eyes. She raised her hand and gently cupped his face. "Oh Connor. Baby I'm so sorry. I didn't want this for you. We didn't want this for you. We both tried so hard. Baby I wish things could have been different. I wish.."

"Don't.." Connor warned. "Don't bother. I don't wish things were different! I'm happier than I've ever been, especially when I was alive. I finally have love and truth in my life. Instead of living lies". Connor looked at her with disgust in his eyes.

"Your father did what he thought was best...He loves.."

"Oh please don't give me the *he did it for love speech*. Makes me want to hurl. You know even when I was living that *brady bunch* life that dad created for me deep down I knew it was a lie. I always knew I was different. I tried to hid it because I didn't want to hurt my paren...them, but deep down I knew. I always felt different." Connor looked away from his mother's sad eyes.

"What do you want from me?" He asked, "why did you bring me here? Did you think you could save me now!?"


"Oh Connor", Darla sighed, "I wish I could. I wish I could change things for you. Give you back your life. Your childhood. Make it so you never had to set eyes on this horrible place." She said as she scanned the bleak horizon. "But I can't baby. It's not in my power."


Darla thought Connor almost looked disappointed for a moment.

"Good.", He said, "I don't need saving. I don't need you or anyone else. I have all that I will ever need. I have Dru."

Darla took a deep breath. She wouldn't argue with him about Drusilla. She couldn't. Her mission was not to separate Connor from Drusilla, but to actually keep him there. She couldn't save him. The only one who could redeem Connor now..was himself.

But no one had said that she couldn't..encourage him..in the right direction.

"This isn't about saving you Connor. My beautiful Connor. This is about another boy. Another boy that needs saving."

Connor gave her a sharp look "You mean the prize!! You expect me too...

"I don't expect anything Connor", Darla said softly, "You have to make your own decisions. We all do. I'm just trying to tell you that it doesn't have to be this way. Another little boy does not need to be lost to this." She said, with a sweeping of her arm. "He can be saved."

"I don't know what you want from me," he spat. "Drusilla wants this! She need this! I won't take her prize from her."

"He isn't some prize, Connor. He's a little boy. A little boy with a hoard of people trying to tear at him, wanting to use him and than toss him away like a piece of trash. A little boy very similar to what you once were. All I am asking is that you just, see him. Just remember...
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Connor woke up with a start, his mother never getting to finish her dream message. He looked over at his Dru, sleeping peacefully beside him. He loved her. He could never go against her. His mother was wasting her time. Why did she have to come and torment him. Why couldn't she go off and haunt his father.

Connor closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Hopeing that he wouldn't have to see his mother's stricken face again. Hopeing that no more dreams would come.