She descended the stairs slowly, warily. She knows he's there, she feels him. She doesn't know exactly what he's gonna say, when she makes her intentions known. The hour is late now, or early, depending on how you look at it, and they can no longer hold off the impending doom. It flows in like a turbulent tide that destined to sweep them all from the landscape, and as the moon sets, and the sun threatens to rise, she knows that the hour of their end ebbs closer and closer. For one way or another, it will be the end. Even if they live, one existence will be over, and another will begin in the aftermath.

She doesn't know what the future will hold for any of them. If they live though this, can they ever really survive it? Can all the hurt and upset, the pain and misery, the fear, and betrayal, be forgotten? How can they, any of them move on from this? Where can they truly go from here.?

She sees him now, he is sitting on the cot, trying out his new shiny toy. It is around his neck and he's turning it over in his hands, feeling the power that is radiating from it.

"Accessorizing for the apocalypse I see" She teases.

"Oh well yeah, Gotta see if the great poof's got a nice little scarf to go with it. Maybe he's got a new career at hand. Fashion consultant for the helmouth and such." he's smiling, God his smile can warm her heart, even on the coldest darkest of days.

Again she can't believe the extent of her feeling, her trust, her tenderness for this man in front of her. The one person who's become her light in the darkness. Who stood by her every decision. Never judging or scrutinizing , just supporting and comforting, with words, with actions, with holding her these past few night, and making her feel not so alone. The one person who has never cut her off or walked away. She doesn't deserve his love. She realizes that now. All he's been though, done for her, and is still willing to do. She doesn't deserve it, but she wants it. Needs it.

She wants to tell him this. Convey to him the dept of her feeling, her pride in him, her gratitude, her devotion. But she just can't Things are too uncertain, and she's been bottled up, cut off so deep for so long now. So drained of emotion that she doubts she even has any left for herself. It's been so long since she truly allowed herself to feel anything. What she does have she's borrowed from him. She's like a parasite she realizes, sucking off him strength, his love; just to fill her own cold stoned heart. She called him dead, but she'd the one who died, in her heart, long ago.

But this night, this last night before their world changes forever, she wants to feel.. for him, She wants to break though the wall surrounding her heart and let the flood of feelings flow. Let them both drown in a river of emotions. The past is gone, the future, coming too soon. It is the now she wants. And it is with him, that she wants it.

He stands. He's watching her, slightly puzzled, slightly worried. She know he's wondering what going on in her head. He can't tell anymore, and she's slightly deflated by that. He used to be so good at judging her moods, her needs. But she's battered him too many times. Sent him mixed signals, one minute needing, the next minute berating. So now he sits there, warily, wondering what she has in store for him.

"Everything's set and ready to go, but we still have a few hours...." She takes his hands into hers and slowly, carefully leads them both to the cot. He follows silently.

She lies down and encourages him to spoon beside her, she can feel his cool powerful arms come around her, safe and comforting. It is the closest to home that she has felt in a long long time.

They lie there together in quiet for what seemed like years, she shifts herself, and snuggled closer to his body, her bottom coming dangerously close to his groin, and she can't help but wonder what he is feeling. Does he still desire her? Would he still want her if she asked? He hasn't made any attempt in that direction since he came back, and she can't help but wonder if he is afraid? Or merely disinterested, now that the soul had made him more man than monster. Maybe it was the monster than wanted her all along?; .. not the man.?

She decided to press her luck and snuggled further into him aligning her rounded ass to rub just up against his groin. She hears slight whimper escape his lips, and feels him stiffen, (in more ways than one), He then suck in a slow unnecessary breath, trying to calm himself.
They lie there, again un speaking. She slowly turns herself to look at his face, a thousand different emotions are mirrored in his eyes... Love Lust, Longing, but most of all.. Fear.. He looks so afraid, it melts at her heart. She wants to reassure him, hold him like a babe and cuddle him, Let him know there is nothing to fear from her.

She lowers her gaze to the amulet, still around his neck, she reaches out and touches it, and is surprised to feel that it is slightly warm. The heat seems to increase as she traces it with her fingers. He just watches her warily, still wondering what is in her mind.

She breaks her gaze on the amulet and looks into his eyes while moving one hand up to caress his cheek, and the other to caress his chest. She then speaks to him, judging her words, "I don't want to talk about the future, and I don't.. want to go over the past. I really don't want to talk about anything. I just want this night to be about us, here and now. Make love to me William."

He barely registered her words, he is too stunned by her nearness, by the closeness of her body, resulting in the painful erection he now has. Then those words, those simply stated words.. He's not sure if he heard her right, He must not have. It's too much, something he's never dreamed that he would get to have again He lies there frozen, unable to respond.

She senses his fear. Sees it in his eyes, and decides she to take control, reassure him, convince him. She reaches her hand behind his head and pull him into a gentle kiss.

He feels her, her lips on him, her tongue beginning to teasing him, urging him to slide his own into her mouth, touching her, tasting her. Oh God!! to be this close to her again, feeling her. Feeling her lips on; him her body next to him. Her taste, Her touch
Her scent. He is fueled by her, for her.

She breaks the kiss, breathing heavy, trying to catch her breath. She turned to face him now, and all other concerns drifts away. She lets his mouth devour hers again and again. All he can feel is the desire rising, and he is drawn to her, like a moth to a flame he draws closer to her, wanting to be burned by her, wanting to melt into her heat, her fire. Oh.. Burn me baby... Burn me.. He feels he will begin to turn to ash any second by the intensity of her, she singes him, but he's gotta have more. He craves it. Craves her.. PLease... gotta have.. more....He pleads silently. He begins to grind his hardness against her. He hears her moan and whimper his name, and he burns even more for her. He has never wanted anyone or anything so much ever. He's so hard for her now. His erection so painful, he feels that it may burst through his jeans any second. He begins to tremble under her touch and feels her hands traveling over him his chest. Pulling off the amulet and laying it gently aside, she gently removes his tea shirt. Her hands continue to caress his chest before it travels down, pausing only slightly to graze his nipples before descending lower. They move across his abdomen, and latch onto the buttons of his jeans.

She looks at his face, as she unbuttons him, his eyes tightly shut. He's scared to death that if he moves, speaks, that the dream will be broken. So he lies still, quietly trembling from her touches.

Her heart goes out to him and she caresses him, easing him, willing him to open his eyes and look at her.

She wants him see her, feel her, but understands if he can't. She pauses for a moment to move up and bring her hand to caress his cheek pulling him into another kiss. It is broken only to allow her to breathe, she looks at him again and caresses his face. He wills himself to open his eyes.

His looks at her. She is so lovely, and the fear is slowly being replaced by intense desire. Always, is the look of love and devotion on his face. His eyes are glued on her, mesmerized, as he watches her slowly remove her clothing and lie naked before him.

"So beautiful", he manages; finding no other words to describe his goddess. There are no words to describe her. Carefully, hesitantly, he begins to caress her. Her face, her neck, slowly working his way down to cup her breast, playfully arousing her. Soon he is carefully licking and sucking at her nipple lovingly. She clings to him. Instantly responding to his gentle ministrations, she moan and whispers,word of encouragement. She begins to run her hand across his body. She wants to touch him. All of him. Anywhere, Everywhere. She reaches the point of his erection and begins to slowly rub him. She hears him groan and shiver beneath her touch. He's trembling. For her. Always for her.

Quickly she begins to try and remove his jeans and soon he is helping. They manage to remove they impeding piece of clothing and she wraps her hand around his girth, sweetly stoking him His moans increase in frequency as his need grows greater. He needs her. He almost came undone at the first touch of her delicate fingers on him. God, he Needs her. He can smell her arousal and it is driving his insane. His hands slide down to her wet heat, and slowly parts her lips, finding her sensitive nub.

'So hot, soo wet, for me. For me' All for me. Mine'. Lovingly, he begins to worship her, bringing her overwhelming pleasure.

Ohh God', she thinks, but she can only allow a sensual moan to escape her lips. They've spoken few words since they started. No words are needed. None are strong enough to describe the sensations they are experiencing How has she been able to live without his touch? How will she again. 'No don't go there. Think of today' She is so lost in a haze of passion that she didn't realize he had slid down until the first touch of his tongue on her
sensitive clit. "Ohhmmmyyy."she gasped and arches her hip up into him.

He hears her moan and whimper, and he lets his own groan escape. She taste so good, so sweet. He would gladly bury himself, loosing himself in her forever if she'd let him. He continues his worship of her body, only pausing when he hears her voice moaning his name.
"God, Please. I need you. Please... Now."


She pulls him back up into a searing kiss., tasting herself on his tongue and moaning into his mouth. He responds in kind, deepening the kiss, trying to lose himself in her mouth. She pulls him on top of her and gently begins to position him near her wet center. He breaks the kiss. Shivering, over top of her, he peers down. The fear is returned. He's hesitant. "Luv, y..you sure?"

She begins to kiss him, and launches up onto his erection.

His eyes close to the intensity of the pleasure. He is gasping for unneeded air. He buries his face in her hair, moaning, whimpering."Missed you. M..Miss you so much!"

God to feel him inside her. Every nerve in her body exploded at the very minute of their joining "I missed you too.", She whispers as she arches into him, running her hands up and down his body. Feeling him.

The couple grow distant to the silent observer, swirling around in the mist, getting lost in a haze of incredible pleasures.

Soon the couple dissolved, before the eyes of the dreamer. In its place a dark deep cavern appeared. A familiar sense of foreboding washed over her. The walls of the cave were rupturing, crumpling. Time was running out.

"Now go!"


She looked up, and there he was burning , the fires consuming him, turning him to dust before her very eyes. There was still time, he was in the past, but she retained a clear picture of the present, or is it the future? Is she even really here? She doesn't know, but she has to try.

"No, you have to stop, you have to come with us. You don't understand. You can't leave us."
"I mean it, Gotta do this"

"No," She pleaded, "You Don't understand."

Just then the wall began to desperate again. She looked around confused, but the rumbling of the earth had stopped. She looked up at him again to see him not burning, but whole and bathed in a piecing blue light. She was stunned momentarily, but as she began to regain herself, will herself to speak, she notices a small hand has entwine itself around his.
He stood there, calmly, and then he spoke, "We have to go now mommy"

"NO, no you can't" she pleaded, she begged, tears flowing from her like the rush of a river.
To the man she was desperate. "Please ! Don't take him!.. D..Don't take him from me!"

"Can't be helped pet", He said, gently, "You'll see us again soon"

With that they turned to walk away, but she couldn't let them, wouldn't let them. She lunged for them, only to fall to the ground with not but a fist full of air.

She looked up, and they began to fade, walking still, hand in hand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"NO" Buffy cried out, as consciousness rushed back to her. She was shaking, the flow of tears still steady on her cheek. She immediately rushed up and ran down the hall to his room. 'A dream, just a dream. only a meaningless stupid dream'. Her heart pounded in her ears as she desperately tried to close the gap between him and her. Finally, she reached his door and burst in.

"William," she gasped.

And there he slept, quiet, peaceful. God. He was beautiful, like a little cherub from heaven, (she could never refer to her son using the *A* word). She walked over, and knelt beside her sleeping child, shaking, still crying silently. Waves of relief rushed though her like a an incoming tide, and she collapsed next to him, hugging him, holding him.

"MMM... Mommy?"

God she woke him.

She tried to compose herself, push her thoughts and fears from her mind, clamp down on them hard, for him. "Hey baby boy. Mommy just came in to see if your okay. No bad dreams or anything. Cause ya know if ya did.. Have one..., Bad Bad dream. You can come sleep with me, in my room, with mommy."

"I'm okay," he said sleepily, and fell silent. After a minute he looked at her, worriedly, and touched her hand, feeling, probing. "You haved a bad dream again." It was a statement, not a question.

"Well," she signed and tried to smile,"Maybe just a little one."

"You wanna sleep in my bed again?" he asked.

"Yes please,"She said, sounding more needy than she intended.

With out another word, she climbed into bed with her son and held him tight, kissing him several times, as he slowly drifted back to sleep. It would be several more hours before she could bring herself to join him. She lied there with him, comforted in the knowledge than not all bad dreams come true, and that he was here...Home..Safe...
Two days later, he was gone.