While diligently manning her immensely *important* babysitting post, Mila flipped though bride magazines. Happily looking at dresses and bouquets. She wouldn't admit it, part of her whole stoic motif she had going on, but she was terribly excited about the wedding. Yeah, it was still almost a year away, but the thought of spending her life with someone, especially Xander. Well. It filled a hole in her heart. A heart that she once was thought lost. She didn't like to depend on anyone. She had been let down young in life. And although her aunt Livia had tried to make up for all those hurtful years at her father's hand, sometimes the pain will still too close. She loved her aunt and her sister, but a piece of her always remained, detached. She was different from them. Non-magical.
She had never felt apart of something, ... until Xander.

"Aunt Mila watch me", Mithril cried. She was trying to levitate rocks off the front lawn, urging William to help her. William stood by solemnly. He was anxiously waiting for his mother to return home so he could apologize to her. Make her love him again.

"Hey you two," Mila called, "No magic till your moms get back. You know the rules."

"AUUUYYY", Mithril cried. William just slumped onto the stoop, still looking sad.

Mila felt a twinge of guilt. If she had been born a real witch, she could be helping her niece and nephew, not hindering them.
Her cell began to buzz. She picked it up and heard Buffy's voice crackling on the other end.

"Buffy"? Mila asked into phone.

"Mila, everything okay over there?" Buffy's voice crackled on the other end.

"Yeh, sun's shinning. Kids are out having fun. No worries."

"William's OUT? Alright, I'll deal later. All seems well enough here. We're just getting Dawn settled, and we have to check in with the council for a quick sec. It's been a long strange day. But don't worry we'll be home soon."

'Don't worry. They don't trust me alone. That's cause if a big bad comes, your useless Mil', she thought bitterly.
"Got it Buf., No sweat."

They concluded with goodbyes, and Mila sat and watch the kids. She was a little sad, and a little worried. But the sun was shinning, the news had been quiet. What could happen now? Never ever tempt the fates. That is what Mila learned that day.

The sky began to cloud, and then grow dark. Mila grew wary and began to rise from the front stoop. The children felt the change in the air and looked around. They clasped hands and ran behind Mila frightened.
The sky grew darker. Mila could see a blueness farther across the horizon, but the sky above their neighborhood became as black as night.

'Night, Oh my God', It started to click in her head. The strange thing with Dawn this morning drawing Buffy, Willow and Lillia away from the house.. The weird outburst in the demon community today that split the slayers to the four corners of the state. "We've been set up."

She heard the van wield around the corner before she saw it. Two vamps jumped out and ran toward the lawn, toward her and the children. She threw herself in front of them , shielding them.
"Put up a protection barrier around yourselves" Mila called, The children stared at her, frightened

"We can't" they cried

"Try your best, get to the house. Concentrate.. Hard. Go!. Now!! Run!!"

The children ran to the house, hand in hand. One vamp lunged towards them only to bounce back off, and land not far away.

"Good!! keep it up babies", she called. 'Oh God, so young' she thought, as she tackled the other vamp. She was no slayer, no witch, but she could fight. She met him punch for punch. He wasn't too strong. ''Must be new " she mumbled, "And fairly weak."

He manage to land a punch that threw her to the ground by the bushes

She lay on her stomach, feeling the vamp, his cold breath on her neck, his fangs brushing against her skin. He was about ready to claim his reward when she flipped around, with a sharp stray branch in hand, and plunged it into the heart to the beast.

"Take that asshole", Mila growled.

Mila looked up, the children where cowered in the doorway. The stupid vamp was actually throwing himself up against the barrier, as if he could break it down by sheer force.
"They don't make them too bright these days do they?" she uttered as she shoved the another pointed stick through his back, into his heart, dusting him.

Mila walked into the house. She did it! The two crying children clung to her for dear life.

"Aunt Mila, that was brilliant" William said in awe.

Mila smiled and clutch both children closer, Letting relief wash over her. "So what should we do for an encore" she giggled.

"Oh, We have some ideas." Mila spun as outside the door was a dark haired man-demon. Young, couldn't have been more than 18 when he was turned. Next to him a women.

It was the woman that made Mila shiver. She didn't have much magic in her, but she had enough to feel the power emanating from the other being. The children began to tremble, silently crying.

"Don't worry babies. They can't come in" Mila comforted.

"OH, We don't want to come in." The dark one spoke, "The little boy must..Come..Out.."
Before Mila could react, the female vampire threw a handful of dust into the doorway, hitting her full in the face 'No wait not dust, herbs..'Potion!'
Her head spun and she felt her knees give way. She looked up at the horrified faces of the children.
"Stay in the house. Go Hide. But stay in the house" she uttered before unconsciousness claimed her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
William felt more terror than he had ever know. His mommy was out. His aunt was slowly slipping into sleep. Mithril was clutching him crying, trying to drag him upstairs. They should go hide he knew, but he couldn't move. She was here. The monster from his dream. She spoke to him. "Come here little one." Come to mummy."

'Mommy, she wasn't his mommy'. But he was helpless. His blood heeded her call and willed his body to make him move. His legs responded on their own, drawing him to the voice. Slowly he moved toward it. Out to her

Out of the house.

"William! Don't! Stop! Were nota suppose to leave the house. Please." Mithral cried. She begged him. Trying to hold him there.

Barley aware of what he was doing, he shoved her back. She may have been older, but he was always stronger. She fell on the floor with a thud.

The small girl watch helplessly as her friend walk toward the monsters. The next thing she saw was that he too, had been put to sleep, and they were carrying him away.
Mithril, clutch at the necklace around her neck, and screamed, and screamed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The scream tore though Lillia's head like a lighting bolt. She flinched and clutched her temple.

Buffy and Willow both immediately noticed her distressed. Buffy slammed on the break, narrowly missing the car ahead of her.

Willow rubbed Lillia's back from the rear seat, her face filled with concern "What's wrong baby?"

"It's..It's ..Mithril. Oh God!", she cried as she stared at the other women, knowledge beginning to dawn on her. "She's screaming. Crying to me though the necklace. It..It wasn't about Dawn at all. It's the children."

Buffy felt her heart stop. It's daylight, but she should have known that that didn't mean much. They were set up! Quickly, using every slayer reflex she had, she spun the car around, and headed back toward her home. Hoping it wasn't to late. It couldn't be. They'd get there in time. They had too. They just had too.