Those were the 2 senses that had first alerted William that he was no longer at home.

The place smelled funny. Dank, Dirt, Dusty. And there were strange sounds. Lots of banging and clanging and yelling, like one of Uncle Xander's work sites.

"Elevated that noise or I will turn all your entails inside out"!

"Most of them are vampires, you stupid cow! Their entrails are near dust anyway!"

"Drusilla control your boy or I'll"

"Shh!" Dru whispered. "Our golden boy is awake. He listens to our every word. Naughty boy." She said with a grin.

William heard the voice, felt the presence. It was Her! He was with Her! She had come for him like in his dreams.
'Where was mommy' he panicked. She could have never have gotten him away from his mommy. But he didn't feel her, couldn't feel her anywhere. And he was achy and hungry and his heard hurt and everything smelled and felt and sounded so strange. He let a soft whimper escape in spite of himself.

"Stand him up and bring him forth" a voice bellowed.

William felt strong hand lift him and set him on his feet. For a moment he wondered if his legs would work. He felt drained and sick and wasn't sure he could stand. He manage though to keep upright, but kept his eyes tightly shut. He though maybe he would wake up any moment and that this would be just a horrible dream.

"Open your eyes child" he heard.

Than another voice whispered, "Do what the nasty lady says my sweet or there will be no cakes today."

Hesitantly William opened his eyes and peered around the room.

A red headed woman with green eyes sat on a makeshift throne before him The room was decorated with shiny baubles and ornaments and it reminded him of the haunted castle at the Victorian fair his mommy had taken him too. Thoughts of his mommy made him start to tear up and whimper.

The witch frowned "What is he doing? Make him to stop that." She hollered.

"Poor baby," the raven haired lady from his dreams cooed, "Mummy won't let the big bad witch get you."

'Mommy?, Whose mommy. She wasn't his mommy. He had a mommy. Where was his mommy? Why hadn't she come for him?

William tried to calm himself and remained silent he tried to breathe and concentrate and focus all of his energy into a single thought.

He knew he didn't have enough magic to take on 2 vampire's and a witch, but if he could call out to his mother, she would hear and come running.

He focus and began to scream in his mind, but that quickly morphed into an actual scream as a lightning like pain laced though his head.

The Witch laughed. "Foolish boy, do you think we would let you wander around unleashed?" she cackled. "You cannot contact anyone. You cannot scream, speak, or even think of your home or yourself. Don't believe me? Give it a try. Tell me your name!" she challenged.

William thought and tried to form his own name in his mind, but felt the lingering thought was accompanied by a pain hovering in the background of his brain. He stared up in shock as the witch.

"Now now child, "The witch drawled, "This is a joyous time You are a very important guest of ours. You do what we ask of you, I promise that none of Us, here, will harm you." If you do not.." She motioned to the opened door on the far wall.

Three vampires stood there in full vamp face, their yellowed eyes bored right thought William's soul. One of them yanked a young woman into his view. She was unconscious, but that didn't stop the blood from splattering as the vamp torn out her throat.

"Any questions?" the redhead asked

William looked at her, eyes wide with shock, and than promptly fainted.

"Tsk" the witch griped, shaking her head.

Dru rushed to the fallen boy, cradling him, making small whimpering noises, and moaning about her "poor little baby."

"Mother," Conner soothed, "He will be fine, lets move him to our rooms so he can rest. Than you can play with him when he wakes."

"Yes, a fine idea. Take my baby boys and put them to bed." Dru's eyes gleamed mischievously. "We'll all have a lovely time" She grinned.

"Play with him all you want Drusilla. But remember he is a tool, and we Will use him. So don't break him, and Do Not get too..attached.", The witch warned.

Dru merely threw the witch a nod and left carrying her prize.

When William woke again, the witch was gone. In her place was the lady vamp who he recognized as Drusilla, and the boy vamp whose name was Connor.

They had moved him to a set of rooms, also decorated like a Victorian room he had seen in museum. This was kinda pretty in a way, with ruffles and flowers and things all about. And he was in a soft warm bed, surrounded by roses.

"How is out little luv this morning hmm?, "Dru cooed and cuddle him to her breast. Chatting baby talk to him all the while. William stiffened and resisted slightly, but was too scared to outright pull away.

"Be careful mother, He's breakable" Conner reminded.

Conner didn't know what his problem was. He was a Vampire. Son of Angelus. A direct descendant of the Master. Yet he..Felt.
He felt empathy for this boy. A little boy stolen from his home simply because he..was. Was that not a mirror of himself once apone time? Damn his mother and her damn fuckin visit was getting to him.
"Dru may we should feed him. Human and all, he need to eat."

"Ohh yes mummy will send for some treats and cakes. Won't baby wike some wittle cakes?" Dru cooed and cuddled William closer continuing to babble nonsense at him.

William had almost had enough. Annoyance was outweighing his fear. He wasn't some baby. And this lady was Not his mommy.

William pushed at her as hard as he was able and scrambled off the bed. He stood and looked up at her, blue eye defiant and yelled
"You are not my mommy! Not now! Not ever! I want my real mommy and I want to go Home!!"

Drusilla walked calmly up to the boy, smiled than

'Wack'

William stood, stunned, tears welling up in his eyes. She slapped him across the face! No one had ever hit him before.

Dru reached up her hand for another go when Connor grabbed her arm effectively staying her.

"Dru, ...Mother He's confused. He's had a long day. He's probably hungry. Let's ask him again, give him another chance to be a good boy. Don't all good boys deserve second chances?" Connor's eyes explored hers, pleading.

"My Sweet son. Yes, perhaps we should give our little one more chance. Now, my golden one, who is your mummy?" Dru stared down at William expectantly.

William hesitated and looked at Connor who stared directly into his eyes and gave his head a slight nod. William heard Conner's speak in his head 'Tell her what she wants. Even if it is a lie'

Lie. William wasn't suppose to lie. He was already in trouble with mommy for lying, but in this case he suppose he'd have to. So he sucked in a deep breath, let it out, and said "Your are."

"I am what?" The demon asked.

"MM..My mommy."he whispered.

Drusilla squealed with glee and crushed the boy to her breast. "Now there is my little luv, my bright shinning boy. We will be so happy together. Me and my boys and soon Daddy will be back with us."

'Daddy?', William thought.

"Ohh, it will be so wonderful won't it my lovely, lovely boys,"Dru asked gleefully.

"Of course mother," Connor answered and pointedly looked at William.

"Of course. m..mm mother.", William echoed.

Dru smiled manically with joy, "Now I must get my boys some lovely treats to eat. Connor guard your little brother while I am gone. Don't want any of those nastys out there to get him now do we?" With that Dru skipped off to search for dinner.

Connor sighed in relief. "Good ," he addressed to William, "That was good. You catch on fast. Guess your as strong with the whole mind reading thing as they say."

William shrugged and stood there shifting on his feet. "Why did you help me?" he asked.

Connor just stared at him for a moment. He felt the connection between William and himself. They were the sons of their fathers after all, didn't that make them family ?
He knelt down to look at him level in the eye. "We are truly brothers. I was just like you once. Lost, taken from my real family."
"But see I've found my way home now. To mother."

"But she's not.." William began.

"Shhh, She has ears everywhere." Connor's eyes scanned the room warily, as if to prove his point. "Pretend it's a game. You like games don't you?" Connor briefly though of the games he played on Quortoth. They were more of the' killed or be eaten variety'.

William smiled and nodded his head. It was the first smile Conner had seen on the boy. It seemed to warm him straight to his cold dead heart.

"Well," Connor said, clearing his throat. "Just pretend she's your mom for now. Really pretend hard, cause if you don't she'll know and get angry. We don't want to angry mother do we?"

"No!" William said shaking his head in agreement.

"No what?"

"No angering mother."

"That a boy." Connor praised and before he knew it he had given Will a playfull slap on the back. William smiled and giggled.
Connor quickly rose and scrambled away from the boy as if he was made of holy water , cursing himself for his weakness. He looked over at Wills who had a perplexed look.

"Just sit here and I'll see about food. And no trouble. Got me!" Conner said firmly.

William shook his head in affirmation and sat aside very quietly like he was asked
.
Connor couldn't get out of the room fast enough. 'What the fuck was wrong with him? He was a Demon. He shouldn't be having warm fussy feelings for this boy.' Conner briefly remember the time when he had been alive and had thought he had a child coming. The feelings of love and protectiveness he had felt when he gazed at Cordilia and her swollen belly. Connor squashed these emotions 'Not good, Not good' he thought Even his demon seemed to feel a kinship with the child that he could not escape.

How could his un-life get any worse . His mother was so preoccupied with the brat and the coming of the bleached wonder that she wasn't giving him his daly romp. He had the whore-witch from hell barking orders and killing minions faster that Dru could make them. Now he was having puppy dog feeling for some squirt?

There was only one answer. He had to get rid of that kid. Both him and the bleach bastard if he should materialize. One way or another, they both had to go.