Chapter 2: Return to Sender.
About 3 years later, L. A.

Angel absentmindedly fiddled with a packet on his desk from and unnamed source. The whole group had wandered into his office, bickering about some such nonsense as usual. Angel was not paying them too much mind. His thought were focused on Connor. Always on Connor.
Whatever this new *dilemma* was about, it was apparent that Gunn and Wesley were clearly taking different sides on the issue. Well, nothing new there.

Fred, the ever loving peace keeper, was trying to calm them, and everyone else, down. Eve was simply just looking on with a smirk on her face. God, how Angel hated her. Lorne and Harmony were standing around looking a bit uncomfortable, and as usual were not doing anything remotely useful.

All the while, Angel only half-listened to them as he continued to shuffle the envelope though his hands. It might be important. Maybe information about Connor. He decided it was as good a time as any and opened it. An amulet slide out and landed onto the floor.

Everyone immediately stopped arguing and stared.

No one was prepared for what came next.

Particles of light and energy swirled around the amulet.

Before they could react, the energy mist began to take form.

Angel's eyes went wide with surprise, then narrowed into scorn at the black clad being materializing in his office. He was shocked and dismayed, to see what had just been sent home to them.
"Spike!"