The Summer's household was becoming more and more desperate. Soon the amount of volunteers, and the needs of the search were too numerous for the house, so the command was moved to the C. A. Slayer headquarters.

All the slayers were pulled onto active duty and were swarming the West Coast, following any lead, no matter how small or idiotic it seemed. Every major 'Big Bad" on the playing field were being watched. They even managed to put a spy in Wolfram and Hart, who so far was bringing in regular reports without detection. Many local demon strongholds had been investigated, and many more shut down completely Truth be told the slayer community actually had accomplished more in the last week than that had in several years.

Giles had a whole troup of mystics and slayers camped out at the 'Sunndale hole'. His belief being that if they wanted to accomplish a restoration of the first, the former hellmouth would be the most likely site. So far the activity had been nil. The team met with nothing but a silent empty chasm.

At first, Buffy had refused to be moved from the house. She had settled in his room. Had crawled into his bed and refused to move. Nothing and no one could motivate her to leave his sanctuary. To join in the search. It was almost as if she believed that if she just sat there long enough that he would magically reappear.

It was Giles who finally confronted her, only moments after arriving on her doorstep.

"What are you doing in here!!" He had demanded. "Do you truly believe this is helping him?"

"Go away," she murmured weakly.

"I will bloody well not go anywhere until you get up out of that bed and help look for your son!"

"Why? What good would it do!", She challenged, sitting up in the bed "I'm a failure Giles. Everything I love, I lose! You tried and tried to warn me and I just ignored you as always and I lost him! I failed him! I practically handed him over to them!"

Giles started to speak, but Buffy wasn't finished yet, "Do you know what the last thing I said to him was? I was aggravated about..something. Something I can't even remember now and I was yelling at him. Told him to get out of my sight. That I couldn't stand to look at him. The last word I may ever speak to him Giles. I'll never get to tell him that I love him.. Tell him..I'm..I'm sorry.. God I'm so sorry Giles!"

Giles came over and held onto Buffy, allowing her a few moments of grief before untangling himself from her and standing again. Now was not the time to dwell. It would do William no good.
"You want to sit her and sulk like an adolescent child over what could have been, fine." Ignoring her glare of hatred he continued onto the course which he knew would spur her into action, "But ask yourself this. What would Spike, expect of you!"

That was all he had to say, she was up from the bed, sprinting into action.

Now, Buffy was moving solely on auto pilot. She had been searching any and all demon haunts she could uncover, and had taken to making regular rounds to the local demon bars. Many had packed up and moved over night. After all, it wasn't good for business to have the slayer beating up the patrons night after night. But Buffy was on a mission. She wanted her son, and these people must have heard something that could find him.

At least that was the rational that she repeated to herself as she continued to bang this latest patron's head into the concrete floor.

The creature screamed and cried out about innocence and ignorance as Buffy simply bashed his face in over and over. The blood soaking her fists, the walls, the floor. It was simply..everywhere. But all she could see was William. His smiling face. His beautiful carefree eyes .Eyes she may never see again.

"Shut up!!! Just, Shut Up!! She finally screamed at the now unrecognizable...thing. "You listen to me!! You will live, but for one reason and one reason only. Anyone who see's my son and doesn't report it. Dies! Anyone who renders aid to the vampire's known as Drusilla and Connor..Dies!! There will be no rest in the demon world. No where to run. No where to hide. There will be no escape. The raids and the beatings and the interrogations will only end once my son is returned to me. Spread the word. There will be no peace of any kind until I have my son. Do you hear me!! I want my son!! I want my son!!. She continued to beat the demon unconscious, until finally being dragged away by four other slayers.