William couldn't tell how long it had been since he'd been taken from home, but he guessed it had to be days. She had fed him and put him to sleep 3 times now, and while there was no windows, she always said it was bedtime so he just assumed that days were going by.

He pretty much had stayed out of trouble since the first night That night, she had brought him cookies and milk to eat. The milk was old and sour and William had gagged on it and spit it out all over her favorite baby doll. She had thrown a fit and began slapping him over and over. Connor had finally stopped her. But not before William was cowering on the floor weeping and shaking, blood seeping out of his mouth from a cut on his lip.

Connor had made him apologize, but also made sure he had gotten proper food since then. Connor had saved him and still continued to save him from the crazy lady. William couldn't figure out why Connor was so nice to him, with him being a vampire and all. His mommy always said all vampire's were bad, but Connor was different. William felt confusion in Conner. He felt evil, but also he felt something that was almost...,good. Connor kept saying that they were brothers and it would all be over soon. But William's hopes grew dimmer and dimmer with each hour.

Where was his mommy? Why hadn't she come for him? All he wanted to do was to see her again and hug her and hold her and say he was sorry for being bad. He had begun to wonder if he had been so bad that maybe his mommy didn't want him back. Had she actually sold him!?? Like Aunt Dawn said she would.

The door to the room banged open and in walked the witch. William hadn't seen her since the first night. Since then he had never been let out of this room. She was all dressed up like a princess with a crown on her head and everything. Drusilla stood off behind her her eyes gleaming with excitement. She was giggling and bouncing up and down singing "Today's the day. The day today."

Connor was not far off, but he looked..sad.

"Well, well, my little one. Today is the day you make history. Are you ready to fullfill your destiny?" the witch smiled, strutting back and forth before him.

William had no idea what she was talking about, but he hoped that it had something to do with him going home soon. He just stood there wide eyes, mouth sligtly open, and dumbly stared at her.

The witch stood before him, waiting for him to speak. "Well child?! Answer me now!"

"He doesn't have a clue what your cackling about you stupid troll." Connor obliged.

"Drusilla! You were to prepare him! What have you been on about these last few days!!" the witch screamed.

William began to whimper and cower back, but Drusilla ran up and scooped him in her arms. "Hush now my sweet bright boy. The mean wittle witch won't harm you."

"He must do this of his own will!!!. Or it will all be for not!" the witch bellowed.

Connor saw the witch make a move toward Dru and the boy and in a flash, moved in to protect his family.
"Hold on to your saddlebag you old crone" Connor screamed, "Dru will talk to him." He turned and smiled at his beautiful sire.
"Mommy will take care of everything." He whispered reverently.

Drusilla smiled glowed toward her childe before she focused her attention to her other child "Ohh, my sweet boy.", She said, cradling the boy in her arms. "Today is a very important day. Today is the day we bring Daddy back to us. Wouldn't you like to have your daddy back?" she asked.

William looked at her, stunned and confused as his tears dried on his face, "Mmm.. My.. My Daddy?"

"Yes, "Drusilla hissed, "We could bring daddy. You would do anything to have your daddy back, Wouldn't you?"

William, more confused than ever, darted his blue eyes between Dru and Connor. Dru looked at him wildly excited, while Connor merely shrugged his shoulders. He could hear Drusilla in his mind, encouraging him, "Bring daddy back! Bring daddy back!" her voice echoed.
Slowly William nodded his head in agreement.

"Ohh that's my sweet little prince. Soon our dark night will be back and we all be.."

"Able to serve the dark power and revel in the hell on earth.", Connor finished for her. He flashed Dru a subtle look of warning, one only sire and childe would notice. It would not be good if the witch realized that Dru had no intention of giving up her new *family*.
Once she had them all reunited that is.

The witch seemed not to notice the exchange, so focused on her dreams of glory being so close at hand. It was so close. She could almost taste it, and ohhh how sweet it is!

"None of you voodoo trick Drusilla," the witch warned, "He Must do this of his own free will or the ritual will be for not. It must be his choice, his blood, his flesh, his will!"

"Enough already!!" Connor bellowed.,"We all know what to do!".

"Little darling, "Dru began patiently, "Do you know. Do you understand mommy and how important this is? Is this something you wish to do for mommy...for us all?"
"SHH," she said, fingers to his lips when he tried to speak." You must think deep down...here,", She moved her hand to linger over his heart, "So think really really hard.. Feel before you answer. Find you deepest desires."

William was so confused now. His daddy was gone. He was in heaven. Mommy said there was no coming back. People shouldn't come back from heaven. It was nice there and people were happy. Mommy had said!

But he wanted it. The thought of having a daddy had always been a fondest wish. And he knew the witch was powerful... Maybe he could have his daddy. Maybe his daddy would come to save him.

They were all staring at him. Breathless. Waiting for a response. He shook his head and agreed," Yes. Yes I want my daddy."


Chapter 31: So many places

So many places, So little time.

Time was all Buffy felt like she had now.

There were many places that were being canvas ed by the Council. So place they had been searching. Many more they had been 'keeping their eyes on'. The 'Sunnydale hole' for one. But so far, there was no activity. According to Giles, he didn't think there would be for a while yet. It wasn't the right time.

'Why now?', She asked herself. Why take him now? So early before the established time table? What could they possibly gain from taking him now? What were they doing with him? To him?
All these thoughts fluttered around in Buffy's brain as she sat in his room, night after night. And every night, she still had no answers. And every night, in his room, surrounded by his things, she lied on his bed and fought through the tears to keep a sliver of hope alive in her heart.