The next few hours passed in a blur literally. After his agreement, Drusilla had clasped her hands and jumped up and down, cooing and hugging him and singing "We're gonna bring daddy, We're gonna bring daddy."

She then said something about needing him relaxed and muttered some words holding him at his head. Since then, William had felt like he dreaming or really really sick. The kinda feverish sick he had had only once before in his young life, but he remembered the feeling. He felt dizzy and foggy and nauseous. His eyes felt clouded and his legs felt all wobbly.

William allowed them to direct his movement, dress him up in fancy clothes, like the little prince Drusilla kept claiming him to be. Then he felt them move him into a large chamber, flooded with candles and incense. A large and very pretty alter had been erected and a large slab of concrete had been set up with cushions and blankets looking like a sort of bed. He could make out a few dozen people around them. Some seemingly human, and some not. He couldn't get a good feel for anything with such a thick blanket of fog clogging his brain. He let them lead him with a calm disinterest and than stood silently still, waiting... He wasn't sure for what. But he knew it was something he wanted.

Connor was there, talking to him. Encouraging him to stay calm and do what was asked, but also to remember what he wanted.

What he wanted? Did he know? He did want something. What was it again?

Soon the ritual began and William continued to look on with only mild calm curiosity. In his current state only a few words and images manage to permeate his fog covered mind.

The witch began to speak:

"Ohh Yee Gods of old."
"We gather here your most humble servants, to lead the restorer of the way!".
"The power removed will be restored !"
"What was broken will be made whole!"
"What was lost will be retaken!"
"And what was gained will be destroyed!"

"From the blood of the sired, we restore you!"

William felt Connor stiffen behind him. He felt ..fear coming off him for a brief second before it disappeared behind other more turbulent emotions. He noticed Drusilla before him speaking. She held in her hand a knife.

"Ohh My sweet boy, " She cooed. "You must do this on your own. Your sacrifice will return daddy to us. Just a quick cut," She made a slicing motion over her palm. A few drops will be enough." She held the knife for him to take.

William took the knife and looked at it curiously. Daddy. That was it. He was here for daddy. Connor knelt down over him, putting one hand on his forearm, encouraging him to extended his palm. The other hand was placed where William gripped the knife. He angled the knife down toward Williams' palm and spoke.
"Just a few drops will do it. It is very sharp so you don't need to go deep. Real quick like this." He made a sweeping motion with the knife right above William's palm, " And it will be over. It will only hurt for a moment."

William nodded and quickly mimic the motion. Only he actually connected and sliced through his skin. The pain jolted though his haze and he stared wide-eyed as blood dripped down his palm.

He felt Drusilla drip the blood off his hand into a waiting bowl and then watched nauseated as she smiled at him while licking his palm clean with loving strokes.

The witch spoke:
"Blood of the sired, gratefully given. We restore you!"
"Flesh of the retched, forcefully take, We restore you!"

William heard pleading , followed by screams as a hooded figure was cut down before him.

"Essence of the sired, noblely given, We restore you."

William felt Drusilla near him again. She held in her hand some sort of necklace. She placed it in his hand and then over his heart.

"Think of your deepest desire." She whispered.

Deepest desire. His mommy, His home. His...Daddy?

The thought seemed to radiate from his mind and streamline down to his heart and pool in his chest. The witch spoke and then he felt.. burning. Terrible pain and heat and searing of his flesh. He wanted to toss the amulet aside but he couldn't. He heard more word, but everything was fading fast as the agony he felt on his flesh forced him to his knees. He looked through the haze before him to see a mist of matter swirl around on the ornate slab at the alter. He could almost make out a figure forming on top of the bed. It was fuzzy and blurry, but it's hair was so white it shown out bright in the dimness of the room. It almost looked like..

His thought didn't finish, before the world went black.

Chapter 13: Chapter 33 - 35

Chapter 33: Just another typical day.

Just another typical day at old 'Helly hole', as the guardians had come to nickname it. Many of the slayers and council guard were pretty upset at the lot they had drafted. With so many exciting investigations going on, they were all pretty pissed at being stuck watching a lifeless pit; where there was no activity and likely to be none. They wanted to be out there where the action was. Instead they spend their days around their makeshift camp; sitting on their cots and playing poker.

So, it was not surprising that they were caught unawares when an apparent sandstorm formed in the base of said pit. They watched, more than a little stunned, as the particles gained in velocity and erupted from the hole; flying over head and filtering off into the distance to parts unknown.