Spike sat on the cold floor, stunned, but only for a moment. He regrouped quickly and decided that plausible deny ability would be his best bet. He quickly plastered a shock and hurt facade on his face.
"Dru! My love. How can you doubt me pet? His fingers grazed his still oozing check. "My blood sings true luv. All for you".
"Here", he held his bloodied fingers out for her, "Have a taste"

Drusilla slinked toward him. Eyes wide, she took each finger into her mouth and licked them clean with long lustful strokes. She grinned at him as she reached her hand around his head to pull his face down to her, her lips licking and sucking at his bloodied cheek.

"Oh my lovely boy, "She cooed. Mummy is so sorry she got crossed with you. I should have known that nasty slayer could not have stolen my Spike from me. Your mine are you not?"

"Forever and ever pet. I promise you." Spike vowed. He decided to test the waters, "Come with me now pet. Make me as I once was, and let's leave this place. Surly you don't want to be stuck courting this pathetic mortal form around. Make me strong again. My beautiful pale goddess" He begged.

"Yess," She hissed, slipping into game face.

Spike tensed, but willed himself to remain calm He had been stalling. Every second of consciousness, he felt his strength miraculously returning. His head and sight had cleared, and he felt strong,.. almost..powerful even. He was not ready, however, to test his new mortal strength on a master vampire. He hadn't been hit in the head that hard, and contrary to what people have said, he wasn't stupid either. So he stood there, breath held, wondering what the hell he was going to do next when...

"MM.. No!" Drusilla pouted and turned away from him. "I'm sorry my knight. The terrible little red witch said we mustn't..Yet.
She says you must stay this way. Have to do it this way. All human. All nasty soul and all, or it won't work."

"What won't work Dru?" He encircled her again, arms coming to rest around her. " What does the witch want? Why did you want me back..and like this?"

"I didn't wish this my knight. "Dru pouted, "I wanted my Spike back to me. Little voices in my head whispered to me. Showed me you, living in the shadows. The witch promised to release you to me. An exchange for the shiny little poppet, and a promise."

"But we evil luv," Spike reminded, "We don't have to keep promises."

"Hmmm, GRR.. Bad dog" Dru laughed. "So right you are. I will have you back whole my Spike, and we will take the shining one for ourselves. He will be one of us someday when he is ready. And them we will be family forever. Mummy, Daddy, and little boys times two" Dru sang as she jumped up and down, clapping her hands.

Spike stiffened when Dru mention little boys. The dreams of his mother rushing back with the image of a child lying on a bed of white.
"Uh pet?" he asked cautiously, "What is this now? I thought it would be the two of us? Ya know, demons against the world..What.."

"SHH!" Dru held her fingers up to his mouth, he instinctively suck one inside and watched as her grin widen. "We must be quiet. No need for the nasty witch to hear of our betrayal. Least not until it's too late. Too late.. Too late." She sang.
"We must let her believe we are united. Our prince says our shining one is not yet fit for travel. He sleeps and sleeps and cannot awaken" She pouted. She pulled his head down to whisper in his ear, "They are keeping him asleep, keeping him from us. But they cannot keep in the world of dreams forever. Sooner or later, our shinning little son will be returned to us."

"Son? Drusilla," Spike began patiently, "Where is this..son"

"I think you've said enough for now...Mother, "A voice interrupted.

Spike had been in L. A long enough to recognize who it was. The resemblance was unmistakable.

"Connor."

"Ohh my love. My prince." Dru bounced over to Conner, kissing him full on the lips. When she pulled back, she noticed his sneer, and the jealousy in his eyes as he regarded Spike.

"Ohh my sweet boy," Drusilla coed, "None of that now. Daddy doesn't mind sharing. He's done so before." She grinned and threw a wicked glance at Spike.

"Sure thing Luv." Spike smiled and hoped to hell he looked and sound convincing, "The more the merrier. Two are better than one, isn't that right?"

"And shining baby will someday soon make three." Dru grinned as Spike paled. He felt bile rising in his throat at the intent of her words.

"Well, he played second string for my father. I'm sure he won't mind...warming the bed for me" Connor looked at Spike with disdain.

"You'd better watch that mouth boy." Spike warned taking a few steps forward.

"Why William? Planning on boring me to death with bad poetry?"

"Why you little piss ant" Spike started forward eyes furious and fist clenched only to be halted by Drusilla.

"Boys, Boys." No need to fight over me. Least, not yet" Dru grinned and winked, "We will all be on our best behavior until your brother is well, and Spike can be made whole." She warned, looking mostly at Connor.

"Then, she grinned. "Let the games begin"