The days passed surprisingly quickly for Spike. He spent his time testing his strength and reflexes whilst alone and was pleased and surprised to find that they were fairly good. Much more so than he would have expected from a mortal, and defiantly better than his former human self. In fact he was so much improved that he wondered if he was even truly human.. Perhaps he was some sort of breathing, heart beating demon hybrid? Hell he didn't even need glasses this time around. Which was definitely a plus. He didn't want to go back to that..weakness.

Spike still had very little information about what he was, or how they manage to re-corporeallize him, and like this, instead of a vampire.

He was trying to get something out of Drusilla. He shared a bed with Drusilla every night, but beside from her feeding off him, she pretty wanted nothing more. Said the soul was a turn off and that he was too 'hot', and not in a good way. Thank God cause the thought of havin' to get her off was leaving him ill. He honestly never seen himself so flaccid. Usually he could fake something even in the worst of cases. His mind flashed to a particularly horrible night with that female grouse troll and a little bar bet he lost. But he had given that greasy 500 pound skank the ride of her life. Whatever was wrong, he seriously hoped it wasn't a permanent condition. Humanity certainly wasn't worth the loss of little spike.

Still having her in his bed made it easier to get some information out of her. She was surprisingly tight lipped though. Even in her most loony tune of moments, he couldn't piece together much of what wasn't happening. Except..
Except that the boy wasn't getting better.

Drusilla was bedside herself now with grief over her 'Shinning treasure'. He had tried to get her to take him to where they kept the boy, but the witch wouldn't allow it. And she was keeping careful watch. She hadn't bother to grace Spike with her presence yet. Which was fine with him. He could fool crazy Dru, but the witch.. She might be harder.

So he simply sat in Dru's presence, or lied in her bed waiting and listening. He heard her mumble stuff about 'not letting Spike close to the boy', or Spike won't full-fill his destony if he gets to the boy'

What Spike hadn't figured out was what the fuck he was suppose to do, and how this boy fit into it. All he knew was this

A. They needed the boy alive. If he died now, whatever they were seeking would be lost.
B. They needed him alive, and human with a soul to carry out their plan.
C. Tensions were high because the boy was worse instead of better. How bad off, Spike could only guess.
D. The witch was blaming everyone and everything (cept herself) for the boys' state and the *delay*in works, minions were being snuffed out in truckloads.
E. They were..scared..,was the best word Spike could come up with. Of him simply being in the same room with the boy.

It was the last part Spike concentrated on with the most tenacity. Somehow he and this boy, the boy he assumed was from the dream, were connected. They were both needed for...something. It was the middle who what why and how that was driving Spike insane with frustration.

Connor burst into the chamber breaking Spike's thoughts. He sneered at him, letting a little fang show to prove his superiority. He set down some fresh clothes, before thrusting his daily portion of gruel at him onto the table were he sat.

Spike took the bowl, not bothering to rise to the bait. He and Connor had come to an understanding. They hated each other, but were stuck with one another for the moment. So there was no use in getting all stirred up and riling Dru further. She was at wits end as is and for Dru, being the original fruitcake of the month, that was saying a lot.

"So" Spike began. "How's things?" He asked captiously. Surprisingly enough, It was Connor who was letting more and more information about the boy slip out.

"No change." Connor said simply.

Spike nodded his head and picked at the sludge that was breakfast.

Connor turned to go. Turned back, than around again. Spike watch with perplexed amusement as the young vampire seemed to dance a circle before him. Finally, the young man seemed to make a decision. He turned toward Spike and met his gaze dead on, his faced resolved. "Would you take him?". He asked.

"What"? Spike frowned.

"If I gave you a chance. Gave you everything you'd need to walk right out of here into the day light. Would you take him and never return?" Connor's eyes flicked to the ground.

Spike rose from his seat. "What kind of fucked up trick is this?" He growled.

"No trick." Connor said simply. He pulled a small bag off the side of him and began unloading contents as he spoke, "I want my un-life back." A small paper that looked to be hand-drawn map of the compound, complete with rooms and guard placements were placed on the table. "I want my mother back in my arms, my bed. I want you to leave. To never have to see or hear about her damn Knight ever again. And dammit I want to sleep with out having her haunting me evey damn night!" He shook the bag over the table, eyes blazing gold with anger as a hunting knife and three stakes clanged down onto the wood's surface.
"There is some money and jewelry stashed in the dresser over there he pointed. This is the quickest way to his room. There is more stuff stashed there. Then you'd have to go back out to here, where a car will be waiting."

"Let me get this straight" Spike rose and smirked at the younger man, "You expect me to drag myself and some half-dead kid though half this compound. Fight a way out for myself and for him, and get away from here all undetected by a master vampire, a few dozen minions, and the she-witch from hell? Boy you are off your rocker. How hard in the head did that fake father of yours hit you as a lad?"

Connor's eyes stared angrily at him, with eyes blazing yellow, "Never discuss my father's with me. Either of them"

"Whatever Jr., point is, it's hopeless. Never be able to make it all the way from here." Spike pointed to the map for emphasis, "To here. Dragging a sick kid with me besides."

"Your stronger than you know,"Connor explained, "And the minions and few and weak now. The witch keeps killing them off, and Dru. She's been making too many for too long now. They grow weaker and weaker with each generation Plus, he hasn't been strong enough to hunt."
"Even at her best, she never did make proper minions, or chide's, did she?" Conner looked at his *brother* and gave a faint smile.

"No," Spike chuckled, " We all a little..off. Huh, just like her."

Connor's smile faded, "I'll take care of most of the minions and the witch. I'll give you what you need to take out Dru for a few hours. She trust you and won't be expecting it. When she comes to you next. Just slip her this. He held up a powder. That should take care of her for a while. You are NOT to harm Dru any further cause if you do I will hunt you down..."

"Not gonna hurt Dru," Spike said sincerely, "I loved her once too. Just not ready to go down that vampiric path again ya know. Been there, done that, got the tea shirt. Thought a lot 'bout this. Been givin' another shot and I'm gonna have me a go. Don't mean I'm ready to see Dru swept up into a Hoover."

Connor shook his head in acknowledgement. "Be ready tomorrow night. When she comes to you, be ready." Connor turned to go once more.

"Wait.." Spike instinctively reached out then pulled his hand back as he met Connor's gaze. "Why?"

"Told you, I want things the way they were. And.. He's.. He's not healing and he should be. He's going to die. They'll let him die rather than... He'll die unless he leaves this place." Connor explained and Spike swore he saw tears in the younger man's eyes.

"So!" Spike bated.

Connor growled and pushed his face right up into Spike's, " I thought you were to take him, protect him!!" He shouted.

"Never said I wasn't. Just wondering why you, a demon, is so interested in this one boy? Or is it that Mummy's' more fascinated with him than you!?" Spike shouted and then waited.

"Yes.." Connor admitted, "And..We are the same. Him and me. I was him once. We are brother's and he deserves..a chance. Can you give him that? Will you swear to protect him?" Connor asked.

"Yeah. Till the end of the world, "Spike answered.