Why the hell would anyone want to be human!? There is pain and sickness; ageing and death. Who the hell would willingly sign up for that again!? Especially when they knew there was so much more out there?

Now, Spike had thought a lot about this all day and into the evening; as they day rapidly speed by him like a race car. He had been a pathetic human; and back then he'd been a well-to-do nobleman, with nothing to worry about except social responsibilities. Christ, he even managed to fuck that up. Now here he was, human again. Human's needed money, and clothes and food. What kind of job could he get? He didn't think a life of stealing would get him too far. People who stole went to prison. Based on Spike's little stint trapped in L.A., he knew incarceration was so not for him. So what else could he do? What kind of job could a 120 year old ex vampire qualify for. Humans looking for jobs needed papers. Where the hell would he come up with that?

Now somewhere in his head, Spike knew he was panicking, but many of his points were valid. He didn't owe the universe anything.
He certainly didn't owe this kid, whoever he was, anything. He didn't ask to be brought back. He hadn't been prepared to be human again. He wasn't sure he could function as a human again. More importantly, he wasn't sure he even wanted to.

She came to him in the early morning hours; when the day was turning, but the blackness of the night still ruled. It was the time she always came to him, for him By then, he had made his decision.

"Drusilla, my pet. You've come for me." Spike smiled, and held out his arms.

Drusilla rushed into his embrace, "Ohh Spike!," she moaned, "I've been ever so vexed. My sweet prize is unwell. I feel him slipping further and further away into darkness. They mean to take him away Spike. My prize! Take him away rather than let me keep him. They mean to steal my prize from me!, " she cried.

"Shh pet," He soothed, as he caressed her "Won't ever happen."

Spike held Drusilla in his arms, running his fingers soothingly up and down her back as she sobbed into his chest. While holding her close, he spoke gently to her. "What we need to do is take him away pet. I mean look at this dank hole. Who could be restored here? With that bitch breathing down everyone's neck, staining the air with her wretchedness. No, see, here's what we do. We go away, just the four of us. Then we'll restore me to my demony self, and I'll see to it that the boy gets well. You'll have your prize Drusilla, and anything else you desire."

Spike tipped her chin up to look at him and gazed into her eyes. "I promise you pet", he swore solemnly. "Just take Daddy to him and we'll see bout leaving this cursed place." His gaze bored into her.
"Trust me."