Spike managed to get a little ways down the maze of hallways. He blinked and closed his eyes several times, trying to pull of imagines of the memorized map.

Spike whole body tingled with every step he took. He remembered the slayer talkin' about that *spidy sense*, and he could feel his own fear rising up throughout his body. He tried to squash the emotion and move forward when the tingling went into hyper-overdrive.
Quickly he looked to the side to see two vamps charging down the other hall toward him.

'Think fast. Think fast Spike.'
Oh well, no time to think..

He clutched the boy tighter, and jumped up and landed a swift kick right into the center chest of one or the vampire's. He was a little stunned to see it fly a foot into the air and crash onto the floor in a broken heap. The other vamp snarled angrily at him and Spike moved to kick again, but missed when the vamp ducked and rolled out of the way.

Spike saw another vamp charging forth, he quickly ducked to the side, and as the vamp lunged toward him. The vamp whooshed by and stumbled into the other vamp, knocking them both to the ground.

Spike used the moment to gather himself and flee down the hall, only to find yet another vampire blocking his path.

'Bugger.' Spike thought, 'This is taking care of the minions?' When I get my hands on Connor'.

As if on cue, Spike saw said Vamp come up to stake one of the minion blocking Spike's way. Spike used the distraction to land a kick to the lone vamp on his side. The kick sent the vampire soaring with the added benefit of it landing on a wooden spike jutting out of the wall and instantly turning to dust.

"Huh, " Spike chuckled "My first as a human. Looks like I just popped my dusting cherry."

Spike turned back around and wasn't surprised to see that Connor had made quick work of the other vamp.

"Took you long enough!" Spike complained.

"I could say the same about you." Was Connor's retort, "Drusilla?"

"Is sleeping peacefully; only a slight change in the plan, but I got the job done all they same." Spike emphasized by clutching the boy closer.

"Not yet you haven't" Connor stated. He pointed to a corridor that Spike recognized from memory. It led down to a shed. In that shed was a car, waiting.
Beyond it was..freedom.

Spike hesitated only for a moment as he looked at Connor. "You care for her." He warned.

Connor moved toward Spike and extended his hand out to just touch the boys hair. Connor's eyes never left the child as he spoke to Spike. "You care for him." He stated quietly.

Spike nodded and started down the hallway. When he heard Connor call., he turned to face the young vamp.

"Here," Conner offered, "You'll need this."

He tossed something to Spike. Instinctively, Spike held his fingers out from underneath the boy, and in landed the amulet.
Spike let surprise slip onto his features for just a moment before replacing it with a mask of indifference. He clutch the amulet and the boy, nodded to Connor, and took off down the hall. His trot quickly turned into a run as he sped further and further away from Connor.

Connor watched them go with mixed feelins.

'Feelings. I'm not suppose to have those.'
He sighed, di1gusted with himself as he prepaed to gather Dru and take his oUn leave of this cursed place. He did however have one last thought before he turned to reclaim his love.

'This one's for you mom'
"Now quit bugging me and let me sleep!'