Spike met no more resistance as he came out ot of the cavern into a barn. He found the car, complete with keys, waiting for him.

He quickly lay the boy into the front seat, and tossed his merger supplies in the back. He climbed in, gunned the engine, and was more than satisfied as he crashed the car through the wall of the barn.

As he speed out away from the ca4ern, he hadn't gotten more than a few feet when he immediately lammed on the break, the blindiLg brightness outside the barn both stunning and terrifying him. The car spun into a 180 on the dirt road and skidded to a stop.

"Damn stupid git!" Spike cused.

The sun. The sun was shinning merrily down upon him in a non-fatal way, and yet he had been terrified by it.

"Better get used to it mate" He warned himself as he kicked the car back into gear. He took a look at the boy. Satisfied that the child had not been further injured in the abrupt stop, Spike sped off. Away form the cavern; away from the witch and his former vampiric family; away from the last remnants of his old life. He left them all behind, never to be seen again.

Or so he hoped.

The blond haired woman spanned across the heavens looking for her *sister*. She found her in her favorite spot; a little brook surrounded by willow trees.

Her *sister* always sought out this place when she was worried. The other blond saw her *sister* approach and stood to greet her. The two *sisters* grasped hands. Blue eyes met hazel as the first sister spoke. "He's got him. They are safe.. for now." Tears welled up in the woman's hazel eyes as she grabbed her *sister* in a fierce embrace, all the while thanking the powers that this leg of their journey was finally over.

The relay, however, was just beginning.