Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx to all my wonderful reviewers and readers. Im breaking this chap into two parts but the second should be posted later on....hope you like it~
When Buffy came into the room Giles was un-britishly spitting on her floor.

“What the hell are you doing Giles?” she screeched as another gob of saliva flew to her carpet.

“He kissed me!!!” he screamed and pointed an arm at Spike.

She looked over at Spike who was way paler then he should be for even a dead guy.

“I thought it was you, why the fuck was he in our bed?”

Buffy smiled, ‘our bed’, she liked the sound of that. You passed out after getting your soul back and Giles passed out when he found out you did.” She said as casually as ‘wanna rent a movie’.

Spike sat on the bed dazed and Buffy went to his side.

“I can feel it Buffy.” He said softly.

She looked at him with love and pride. “Kinda stings”he added with a small smirk.

She rubbed his back for a while and told them both about the demon thing in her.

Giles had taken seat in her chair and cleared his throat while wiping his glasses. He hadn’t said anything and this worried Buffy.

“Giles, say something. Arent you just going ‘ooohhh’?”

“Well frankly no Buffy.”

Spike and Buffy’s heads shot up at this.

“Why not Giles?” Buffy asked freaked out a little bit.

“Because ive been doing some research. Today is Halloween Buffy, the day the first will be coming for you.”

He pulled something out of his pocket and handed it over to her.

“I can already tell you I have nothing that goes with this.” She said sarcastically as she eyed the gaudy trinket.

Giles sighed and rubbed his temples. “It’s not jewellery Buffy and it’s not for you, it’s for him.” He said and nodded at Spike.

“So not following Giles, s’plainy?”

“After you went to bed Whistler and I chatted for a while longer. The trinket is meant for someone with a soul but is more then human to wear. Originally I thought you but now Spike has a soul and I believe it is his right.”

“So it’s for a champion then?” Buffy stated more then asked as she handed the pendant to Spike.

“I’ve been called a lot of things in my life slayer,,,,” He didn’t finish the sentence but Buffy knew how touched he was and squeezed his hand and Giles continued.

“Since your blood would be the firsts undoing unless it was spilled during a ritual tonight the ptb’s decided to give you some help. The first has no knowledge of the amulets existence. Inside it there is a purifying light that can destroy it. Unfortunately we don’t know how to activate this amulet or it’s powers.”

“So your saying me and Spike have to face the first with a weapon we don’t know how to use and that we don’t know what the affects on the wearer of said amulet might be.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“What do you mean no Buffy? One way or another the first will capture you tonight, its too powerful to hide from.”

“I don’t care what happens to me Giles, this is my job and if I die doing it then so be it. But I wont let anything happen to Spike.”

Both men stared at her open mouthed. Spike was the first to speak.

“Buffy your not going up against this alone, I’m your mate now. If you die then a huge part of me dies too. I wont go on not living without you in my life.”

Buffy nodded slowly. “Fine but if you die ill kick your ass.” Truthfully she didn’t want to face it without Spike, she was too scared.

Giles stood up. “Well then lets gather everyone and see if we can find anything useful.”

They followed him out the door to the Magick Box, each one silent as they thought about what this night could bring.