Author's Chapter Notes:
(At the bottom)
Spike watched her walk away with a huge grin on his face, she was alive and he was sitting there looking like a nancy boy. This thought only made him smile wider ‘It’s worth it to look like a poof for her’ he decided.



Giles and Buffy sat in her kitchen. Well she sat and he paced.

“This is terrible, absolutely terrible.” He kept repeating.

She had just told him about the vamp she’d met (minus all the yummy details and naughty thoughts) and he’d been wigging ever since.

“Giles, stop!” she said forcibly enough to get the man to slow down at least. “Whats the big anyway? He didn’t try to bite my neck like it was candy or anything. He seemed really sweet and he seemed to genuinely care about me.”

“Impossible Buffy”, wipes his glasses for the thousandth time in the last hour, “vampires cant feel, they have no soul. Well, one did but it was a curse and it was taken from him again.”

“Which vamp was that?” she asked with curiosity “And how did it happen?”

“It was the one who bit you, angelus. He killed with no mercy for about a hundred years before he killed the daughter of a romani tribe’s chief. They where well skilled in the magicks needed to do this but the spell has been lost for ages. For a hundred years he tried to make what he did right and somehow, he lost it again.”

“Okay then. Weird. But anyway what has you so freaked out about Spike? He’s just a vamp and I could kill him right?”

Giles sighed and looked into her eyes. “That’s what they thought too.”

“Who?”

“The two other slayers who have faced him before.”

“What happened?”

“Well Buffy, when a slayer dies another is chosen, now it’s you.”

“He killed them…..”

“Rather quickly too might I add.”

“But if he was still like that wouldn’t he have killed me tonight?”

“Um, yes I suppose he would have. Things are rather unclear right now. Spike vanished from our sights about five and a half years ago, we thought him dead actually.”

“Wow you guys really are quick to assume that people are dead aren’t you? Just because we disappear doesn’t mean where gone…..”

She stopped when Giles gave her the british version of the evil eye, which was really just a regular look but being british and middle aged made it look creepier!

“I wish I knew what has been going on the last 6 years and why every things is so muddled up at the moment.” Giles said as the doorbell rang.

Buffy answered it and smiled at the man on her porch. “Hi. Can I help you?”

“My names Whistler, I’ve come to tell you whats been going on for the last six years and why everything is so fucked up.”

Buffy laughed. “Well that’s convenient.”

Giles just scowled.




(4 hours later)


“So let me get this straight. You Giles, used to be a watcher with Ethan until he rebelled and went all power hungry. The fucker who bit me was destined to be one of the loves of my life because he was all ‘I have a soul, ask me how?’. I was supposed to die jumping off a tower to save a key that opened dimensions in the form of my sister. My best friend Willow is a witch and when I died she was gonna resurrect me which would fuck up everything and the first evil would get a foothold into the world via me being alive again and then we would make every potential in the world be ‘all that they could be’ slayer wise. Because Ethan is working for the first now and has powers that hid me and what not and took away Angels soul the first needs to keep me alive for the next two months because I have to be bled over it’s symbol on Halloween night for it to become corporeal. Oh, and lets not forget Spike is kinda good now instead of tall dark and broody. Because of all of this my gift is life but we don’t know what that means. So essentially none of this matters.Is that about right?”

“Um ya.” Whistler mumbled.

“And it took you four hours to tell us this?”

“Y-ya…”

“I’m going to bed.”

Buffy walked up the stairs and left Giles and the messenger from the powers finish their talk. She had better things to do. Like dream abt blue eyes and cocky smirks.....

Let me know what you thought, leave a review please :) Oh and heres a little hint to what one of my upcoming chapters will be .....think "Once more with feeling" but with some twists in the lyrics to fit me story...what do you guys think about that? its taking quite a while to change them so that the songs can still be sung like the original beat wise lol so i would appreciate it if you guys would let me know if its something youre interested in seeing....love y'all!