Chapter 10

As William faded into the shadows, Adam charged but brought himself up short as his sensors no longer registered William's presence in the room. He stopped and began a deeper scan.

"Excellent human, exactly what are you?" The hulking behemoth asked.

"A cautionary tale." A voice said from the shadows as William drove his spike through Adam's right shoulder. Then withdrew it and disappeared.

Adam seemed not to notice the blood and hydraulic fluid seeping down his arm as he continued scanning switching between every optic and sound sensor he had. He could not even pick up breathing. He unsheathed his own spike, the spike of a Polgara demon. His lumbering form got into his best fighting stance.

Again William shifted out of the shadows and again he stabbed Adam this time from the front directly into the monster's heart. //Damn, I thought mum said this guy was tough. //

"You draw power from the shadows?" Adam asked the seemingly empty room. "Then no more shadows."

William seemed to materialize when the lights in the room intensified into nearly blindingly light.

"Oh yeah mate, I think I like you."

____________________________________________

Sunnydale U

Angel stood staring at the map. It was obviously faulty, because he knew this town like the back of his hand, and.... damn, when did he get a wart on his newly healed finger?? He looked back at the map searching for the location of the butcher's shop he had frequently used so he would have a reference for this part of town, but there was no butcher on it. In fact he didn't saw no businesses of any kind. Hmmmmm.

"Angel, can we go get something to eat already? Then go by Buffy's house and look for her?" Cordelia whined.

Angel almost answered her before he heard heartbeats all around him. They seemed to be everywhere. But hey, he was a great guy and EVERYONE loved him and forgave him, unlike his evil, loathsome not to be mentioned Grandchilde.

"Perfect!" A voice spoke from the shadows, "You aren't Spike, but hey, we can make do."

Angel went into game face at the very idea that HE the Powers one True Champion could ever be second to that despicable soulless demon that was his Grandchilde, even as tasers hit him from every angle.

____________________________________________

Revello Dr.

"Where the hell is he?" Elder Buffy ranted. "I swear to God, I think you kids were born to torment me for things in a past life. He is exactly like his father."

Her baby boy was missing, and everyone there knew it. She was beyond pissed; she felt so guilty. She knew he wasn't as bad as Joy, but still he liked to wander around looking for trouble. She opened the younger Buffy's weapon chest and started handing out weapons. "Spike, you go with Erin," she paused for only a second, "either bring them both back or stay gone."

She heard younger Buffy's growl. "Please, he is just as likely as the kids to go pick fights."


___________________________________

Science Labs

William relaxed on his haunches. His shirt and jacket ripped from his body exposing a musculature much like his father's, the only difference being that William carried another thirty pounds of muscle across his chest, shoulder and arms. He was covered in scratches and small wounds, and oh yeah, he had been stabbed... twice. Once in the stomach and once through his shoulder. His demon was at the fore, and his yellow eyes glowed with merriment. He was bloody well having the time of his life.

The spike he held in his hand now had been recently acquired from Adam - his own Polgara stake. His own nickel-plated weapon had been jammed so deep into Adam's mechanical eye, that he was gonna have to pull it out the back of the cyborg's head. He stood slowly going straight to his toes his mentally begging the creature to try him again.

"Looking kind of peaked mate." William said as he began circling the thing. "Wot, monster boy not up to speed on Damphyres?"

"You will die slowly child." The construct was actually wheezing. Of course Will had to fight a wince. Every time his left leg had to support him, but bloody hell it sooo was worth it.

His flying tackle drove Adam back through a door, and they fell out into a cave. There chained to a wall was Xander Harris smiling.

"One of Buffy and Spike's kids I presume." Xander said with a smile. //Oh man now I get to see the freaking weird ass G I Joe wanna be get his.//

"William ALEXANDER Kenticot." William couldn't help smiling at his 'Uncle'. "Their only son."

Adam fought to his feet and charged Xander only to have William snap kick his knees, breaking both. As it fell William followed up with a crescent to the back of the thing's head.

"Swords and knives in the black bag." Xander told Will conversationally.

"Thanks mate." William said as he tucked rolled and came up beside the bag. Pulling out a Greek short sword, he turned and gutted the cyborg as it fought to stand. As the thing finally started to completely fall, Will reached in its chest cavity and pulled out its uranium core.

"Wanna blow this Popsicle stand Uncle Xander?" Will asked as he caught the chains holding Xander and ripped them loose from the ceiling.

________________________________________

Outside the Complex

"You sure your brother is in there?" Spike asked Erin as they slipped up on the guards beside the gate. Spike turned to the guards and vamped, yelling, "BOO!" Then punched them both.

"Well, despite what Mum said, Will is sooo her son. And these people tortured him and were trying to stake you." She walked up to the computer console, flipping the top open. "You do the math. Where would mum be?"

"True enough." He watched in amazement as she knowingly pressed buttons and toggled switches. "So you're bloody good with computers, must take after your Papa."

"Yeah," she beamed prettily. "My Papa even taught me this trick." She rammed her fist through the console and ripped out all the wires. Electric sparks flew from the computer as the doors opened half way.

"Bloody hell, that IS Spike 101." The Vamp said as he followed her in.

Even as they entered the facility, William was running towards them with a green cylinder in his hand and Xander following him. He winked at the two. Then spoke, "You were right Uncle Spike." William hoped that both of them would go along with him and not hurt the feelings of man behind him. "Adam had him. Mum and Aunt Buffy guarding the back entrance?"

"Right, mate, you should have waited for the rest of us though." Wondering why he was agreeing to lie, Spike could only reason that this was his mate's friend and hurting the Whelp would hurt her. Good enough. "Let's get him out of here and to help."

"Spike?" Xander spoke. "One thing. When you drain that bastard Finn," He looked directly into the Vamp's eyes. "I wanna be there to kick him in the balls."

"Uhhhhhmmmmm right mate." //Who the bloody hell was Finn? //

~~tbc